Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Damn. Was hoping we lucked out with "bone bruise" instead of broken leg. He seemed to have enough time to angle himself to not go leg first into the boards, I was surprised he didn't attempt to go in butt-first. Big loss
Info is it’s not a break but tears etc without getting too graphic haha too bad he was doing great

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I Think will be ok he might make camp at this rate but I don’t think he’ll make it at 18 maybe next year if he keeps playing this way

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
He’ll be with Petes lol Man did Fraser crush Studnika twice or what!? Studnika didn’t even give him a sideways glance..And how about McShane running into a brick wall in Osmanski geez tough kid though bounced right back up! Like to see Robertson and JPJ in lineup next game, Robertson just gives Petes a 2nd creative offensive guy although thought Hinz was doing a good job last 2 games creating chances unfortunately a full lineup will have to wait. Butler again is so smart and uses his size well gonna be a real beast in years to come. Petes hung on near end by a thread although last couple shifts no panic lifted pucks out effectively. Another W is all that matters

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
He’ll be with Petes lol Man did Fraser crush Studnika twice or what!? Studnika didn’t even give him a sideways glance..And how about McShane running into a brick wall in Osmanski geez tough kid though bounced right back up! Like to see Robertson and JPJ in lineup next game, Robertson just gives Petes a 2nd creative offensive guy although thought Hinz was doing a good job last 2 games creating chances unfortunately a full lineup will have to wait. Butler again is so smart and uses his size well gonna be a real beast in years to come. Petes hung on near end by a thread although last couple shifts no panic lifted pucks out effectively. Another W is all that matters

Pretty sure someone above said Robertson is still in a sling. So don't get your hopes up

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
great road game versus the Generals, picking up 2 points in regulation against a divisional opponent
it was a gutsy effort all round but key contributors IMO.....
  • Jones obviously battled hard and he increased his save % from 0.933 to 0.937
  • the 4D who carried the load.....Chisholm, McNamara, Osmanski, Fraser.......especially impressed with their tough yet disciplined play - no time in the penalty box for any of them was a key tonight;
  • Paquette was a force all night and seemed to be on the ice every second shift.....I know the Petes gave up a lot to get him; maybe this year that trade finally pays off
  • Brady Hinz is such a smart hockey player and he will be a key for the Petes with Gallant out for a while (that trade with Sarnia looks like a steal for the Petes: Ang for 3.5 yrs of Hinz + a 2nd and 3rd round pick)
  • I'm a firm believer that things often happen for a reason.......if Cuylle signs with the Petes, does Butler play as a top 9 forward and on the PP?.......maybe, but not likely. He has been solid as a 16 year old and seems to get better every game. I love how he smiles at the opposition when they take offense to his physical play. He is going to be a beast in this league.
I hope the boys have enough in the tank for the Windsor game tomorrow night......Alumni night, celebrating the 1979 Mem Cup winning team should get them pumped up

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

viewfromabove

Nov 29, 2017
great road game versus the Generals, picking up 2 points in regulation against a divisional opponent
  • the 4D who carried the load.....Chisholm, McNamara, Osmanski, Fraser.......especially impressed with their tough yet disciplined play - no time in the penalty box for any of them was a key tonight;
  • Paquette was a force all night and seemed to be on the ice every second shift.....I know the Petes gave up a lot to get him; maybe this year that trade finally pays off
  • Brady Hinz is such a smart hockey player and he will be a key for the Petes with Gallant out for a while (that trade with Sarnia looks like a steal for the Petes: Ang for 3.5 yrs of Hinz + a 2nd and 3rd round pick)
  • I'm a firm believer that things often happen for a reason.......if Cuylle signs with the Petes, does Butler play as a top 9 forward and on the PP?.......maybe, but not likely. He has been solid as a 16 year old and seems to get better every game. I love how he smiles at the opposition when they take offense to his physical play. He is going to be a beast in this league.
I hope the boys have enough in the tank for the Windsor game tomorrow night......Alumni night, celebrating the 1979 Mem Cup winning team should get them pumped up
Well said. Couldn’t agree more. As for Butler. Cullye who? Good for him being ignored under all the hype of the other kid. Four goals and I a total giant out there at 16. Hull would have him in the stands or a fourth line At best.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Good game wrapup think Chisholm got 1 Pim but he was great for sure finding his offence! I don’t get why the Petes would pick the 3rd night of a 3in3 to have a big alumni game? Maybe it’ll pump up the guys for the last game seeing the mem cup and a mem cup team? Anyways Windsor is in a bit of turmoil with dipietro being less interested in being there outwardly and they have been travelling as well so let’s hope for a good effort! I agree with the Hinz deal too I’ve looked back and Okes ability to get assets has been very very good he doesn’t have the big name but he’s quietly been doing very well! Most picks ever for a defected 1st as well added to his resume. We’re in good shape for the next few years add those 2 1sts next year as well!

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Some key categories helping Petes success first 9gms

2nd most goals for with 35
3rd fewest goals against with 23 (1st and 2nd have only played 6 and 7 gms)
Jones league leading gga and most wins
Rookie Butler is a real contributor and playing a lot
All this WITHOUT a 1st round pick in lineup (future looks bright for Petes)

Wilson has brought a tighter game thank god finally!
The ugly—-2nd in pims with 113mins only to Barrie
Averaging 31 shots per game is a tad high still

Reactions: Bra Wavers

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
That's two games in a row that the Petes pull a rabbit out of the hat and win a tight game. Nice game summary above re: The Gens game. The Generals are always a tough team to beat at home and the Petes have had a terrible record there over the recent years. Jones stood on his head and made it look easy. It's incredible how good he is - I did not see that coming. Also Fraser is a better player this year, Hinz, Paquette are much better too. Confidence helps so much. The team exit out of our end is quick, risky at times and effective. Tough game with 3 in 3 tonight against Windsor.. I will not boo Cuylle. I will not boo Cuylle. I will not boo Cuylle......

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
That's two games in a row that the Petes pull a rabbit out of the hat and win a tight game. Nice game summary above re: The Gens game. The Generals are always a tough team to beat at home and the Petes have had a terrible record there over the recent years. Jones stood on his head and made it look easy. It's incredible how good he is - I did not see that coming. Also Fraser is a better player this year, Hinz, Paquette are much better too. Confidence helps so much. The team exit out of our end is quick, risky at times and effective. Tough game with 3 in 3 tonight against Windsor.. I will not boo Cuylle. I will not boo Cuylle. I will not boo Cuylle......

Not until Petes have the game in hand; then, boo heartily!

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
If the Petes keep winning, there might be two Robertson(s) in the line up when Gallant returns

Will the Petes get a "family discount" if acquiring Jason Robertson in a trade? If he says he will only go to the Petes that will all be quite interesting.

It's really too bad that the Petes probably need a Dman more than a forward.......not sure how Oke will play this given the strong start, the significant injuries and the depth holes that are present now.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
not sure how Oke will play this given the strong start, the significant injuries and the depth holes that are present now.
History says he'll wait too long, the team will have a tough time keeping up the pace with the holes in the lineup and then it will be too late at the deadline and he'll say something like "there were deals out there we could have made but the future cost was just too high" (or maybe the old players didn't want to come here excuse but we see every single year that anyone will go to a first place team)... but no time to be cynical right now, this team has the most points in the OHL!!

I'm really looking forward to tonight's game, probably the one time all season I'll look past the Gens game in terms of the most anticipated game of the week (besides the team on top of the division is supposed to beat the team at the bottom of the division right?).

I would not expect a warm reception for Cuylle, based on the last player who didn't want to come here (Shoenmakers, I think). I don't have a problem with it. It is definitely interesting to see Butler performing so well in such a prime opportunity early on (on a team with a 7-2 record no less). I'm not sure Cuylle ended up in the better spot in regards to team, opportunity, spot in the lineup etc... but he will no doubt do well in Windsor and he is definitely in a more prestige organization with better facilities, more $$$, etc... which seemed to be important to his family.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
History says he'll wait too long, the team will have a tough time keeping up the pace with the holes in the lineup and then it will be too late at the deadline and he'll say something like "there were deals out there we could have made but the future cost was just too high" (or maybe the old players didn't want to come here excuse but we see every single year that anyone will go to a first place team)... but no time to be cynical right now, this team has the most points in the OHL!!

I'm really looking forward to tonight's game, probably the one time all season I'll look past the Gens game in terms of the most anticipated game of the week (besides the team on top of the division is supposed to beat the team at the bottom of the division right?).

I would not expect a warm reception for Cuylle, based on the last player who didn't want to come here (Shoenmakers, I think). I don't have a problem with it. It is definitely interesting to see Butler performing so well in such a prime opportunity early on (on a team with a 7-2 record no less). I'm not sure Cuylle ended up in the better spot in regards to team, opportunity, spot in the lineup etc... but he will no doubt do well in Windsor and he is definitely in a more prestige organization with better facilities, more $$$, etc... which seemed to be important to his family.

Worked out for all parties. Use the seven picks received on Robertson; and, there’s still the comp 1st & 2nd to use next draft.
Oke didn’t seem afraid to use 5 high picks on multi-year players like Garlent & Paquette. He wasn’t gun shy when acquiring Black & Korostelev... Oke makes fairly solid picks & trades; good GM for a smaller market, imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Worked out for all parties. Use the seven picks received on Robertson; and, there’s still the comp 1st & 2nd to use next draft.
Oke didn’t seem afraid to use 5 high picks on multi-year players like Garlent & Paquette. He wasn’t gun shy when acquiring Black & Korostelev... Oke makes fairly solid picks & trades; good GM for a smaller market, imo.
I agree I think okes done well in the past a northern voice is off base..it’s easy to say get this get that guy they have to be willing to come #1 and you better be up in standings #2 right now all is good but teams know Petes may need a body so the price just went up not a good time to deal. The team is doing ok for now and I think they’ll be fine. Petes need a dman for sure first to me. Then deal after Christmas for a Robertson type which is attractive for sure !!

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
So who are the Petes trading to get Robertson?

Supryka? Partridge? Hutton?

Robertson is a pipe dream unless he forces a trade to the Petes, which doesn't seem likely.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I agree I think okes done well in the past a northern voice is off base..it’s easy to say get this get that guy they have to be willing to come #1 and you better be up in standings
Last year specifically, the Petes were in the CHL top ten with high expectations and had an obvious need on the back end, as well as injuries come up, Oke did nothing, aside from the Osmanski deal, and the season got away from them, not sure how you can deny that.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
...And to be clear, I don't think the Petes need to add Jason Robertson, but if JPJ is a dman now, with Gallant missing three months, that's only 13 forwards and I think it's a big stretch to expect Hutton/Partridge/Cermak/Denault to fill that void. An experienced second or third line centre, who is strong on draws and will play physical like Gallant may not come at a huge cost and can keep things moving the right direction.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
We’re not getting Jason Robertson. He’ll be the top player sold at the deadline so there’s no chance that Kingston doesn’t get an ‘02 born first rounder and a bunch of picks (that’s what the top players always go for) and we don’t have an ‘02 first rounder (Cuylle). That’ll also be the price for Tippett and Frost. After that idk many guys that would demand that return. The 2nd tier (the Strome/Entwistle/Neumann’s of the world) should be the market the Petes are in with all their picks they can trade

Reactions: Petes1

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If the ‘02 born are as good as they were hyped to be, not many will be traded; or, we see significantly fewer picks traded along with them for the Robertson, Tippett, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad