Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
If the ‘02 born are as good as they were hyped to be, not many will be traded; or, we see significantly fewer picks traded along with them for the Robertson, Tippett, ...

Don't agree at all. The price for the elite players has always been most recent 1st+picks. Kingston knows this very well. That's what they paid to get Michael Dal Colle. That's also what they paid last year to get Gabe Vilardi. Jason Robertson is in that class

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Good game wrapup think Chisholm got 1 Pim but he was great for sure finding his offence! I don’t get why the Petes would pick the 3rd night of a 3in3 to have a big alumni game? Maybe it’ll pump up the guys for the last game seeing the mem cup and a mem cup team? Anyways Windsor is in a bit of turmoil with dipietro being less interested in being there outwardly and they have been travelling as well so let’s hope for a good effort! I agree with the Hinz deal too I’ve looked back and Okes ability to get assets has been very very good he doesn’t have the big name but he’s quietly been doing very well! Most picks ever for a defected 1st as well added to his resume. We’re in good shape for the next few years add those 2 1sts next year as well!

DiPietro isn't even playing tonight. Should be 2 points

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
IMHO these 3 wins this weekend tell me a few things about this team
  • they have a good coaching staff who prepare the team well
  • the players are buying into the new coach and his systems
  • guys are doing more of the little things right to help the team achieve their goal
  • this team seems pretty cohesive too, playing for each other
Now, I know that the Memorial Cup was in the building tonight, but I'm not saying that all of these good things means that they should leave the hardware with the Petes :laugh:

They have been fortunate to get some good bounces so far this season, but it's a long season and there will be rough stretches. It is easy for any team to remain cohesive when they are winning. Hopefully the hard work and perseverance we are seeing so far will continue when they hit a rough patch and they are able to overcome. Really nice to have 16 points in the bank after 10 games.

Congrats to Cermak on his first OHL goal! He continues to get better and more comfortable.
Denault has been a pleasant surprise as a physical, energy guy who is effective on the fore-check and is a willing shot-blocker.
Chisholm was a force on the ice tonight; a great skater and a smart player, he played a ton of minutes.
It looked like Paquette took a Windsor shot in the hand late in the game........hope he is Ok.

This coming week the Petes host Oshawa Thursday, in Missy on Friday and then in Oshawa on Sunday.
I'll be pleased with 4 points.......Oshawa will be tough and Missy is off to a good start with 5 wins in 8 games.

Reactions: Zebra

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
IMHO these 3 wins this weekend tell me a few things about this team
  • they have a good coaching staff who prepare the team well
  • the players are buying into the new coach and his systems
  • guys are doing more of the little things right to help the team achieve their goal
  • this team seems pretty cohesive too, playing for each other
Now, I know that the Memorial Cup was in the building tonight, but I'm not saying that all of these good things means that they should leave the hardware with the Petes :laugh:

They have been fortunate to get some good bounces so far this season, but it's a long season and there will be rough stretches. It is easy for any team to remain cohesive when they are winning. Hopefully the hard work and perseverance we are seeing so far will continue when they hit a rough patch and they are able to overcome. Really nice to have 16 points in the bank after 10 games.

Congrats to Cermak on his first OHL goal! He continues to get better and more comfortable.
Denault has been a pleasant surprise as a physical, energy guy who is effective on the fore-check and is a willing shot-blocker.
Chisholm was a force on the ice tonight; a great skater and a smart player, he played a ton of minutes.
It looked like Paquette took a Windsor shot in the hand late in the game........hope he is Ok.

This coming week the Petes host Oshawa Thursday, in Missy on Friday and then in Oshawa on Sunday.
I'll be pleased with 4 points.......Oshawa will be tough and Missy is off to a good start with 5 wins in 8 games.

You make a lot of good and sensible points. I as well am pleased with the way they are playing but agree it is a long season and we have to expect some difficult times along the way.
Not to be negative but SDA needs to step up his game. How many times does he beat a thousand guys in the offensive zone and then end up giving the puck away.

Kirk needs to be better. To date he has not lived up to expectations.

The Power Play as well needs to improve. Perhaps the return of Robertson will make a difference.

Sometimes I think that SDA and Gogolev would be better playing on separate lines as they try to be too cute and for the most part it is not working.

My thoughts.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I imagine Gogolev & SDA being super cute together as 19 yr olds after playing together since minor midget.
At 8-2, there’s no sense in getting cute by changing things around too much.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I imagine Gogolev & SDA being super cute together as 19 yr olds after playing together since minor midget.
At 8-2, there’s no sense in getting cute by changing things around too much.

It is shocking how we're 8-2 considering they've done not very much this year

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
It speaks to the depth of the forwards. Isaacson, Paquette and Hinz have been really good. SDA in my opinion has the puck a lot as does Gogolev which means that the other team does not have the puck. SDA has coughed up the puck more than once though - hopefully he can clean that up.

Reactions: viewfromabove

viewfromabove

Nov 29, 2017
C
Plus not have Robertson for over half of the games... good depth and good players willing to learn and adapt to a good coach
Couldn’t agree more. Wilson is the difference. Look at what some of these kids are doing now that they have finally been given a chance to play. And when Robertson comes back hopefully he can contribute. Tough one for the Captain too. We will miss Gallant. Go Petes.

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Yes other guys have stepped up huge such as paquette and issacson. Someone mentioned it in an earlier post but both sda and gogolev have the picknalot in a game regardless resulting in the other team not having it. If they can chip in offensively more it’ll be a bonus. It’s a long road and not too long in the future teams like Oshawa and Niagara will be in the oicture and Ottawa is in a tear as well since the start. Hey you gotta earn it and the east seems to be quite strong this year leaving good competition most nights. Love to see Oke get an offensive puck moving D man at some point and perhaps a top forward at deadline if they’re still in it. Brother Robertson would be sweet and I bet he’d wanna play with lil bro which could either handcuff Kingston or make the price too high as well haha

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Petes are first OVERALL-

This is tremendous -if we are not in the CHL top ten this week I will be shocked.

I shouldn’t care but I have been feeling like our boys have snubbed-we belong on that list

viewfromabove

Nov 29, 2017
Petes are first OVERALL-

This is tremendous -if we are not in the CHL top ten this week I will be shocked.

I shouldn’t care but I have been feeling like our boys have snubbed-we belong on that list
Let’s stay ifffit for a while. Remember last year? Lol. But you’re right. Go Petes.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Does anyone else track the "MyRewards" codes on their Petes App, to accumulate points? Was just wondering if I was the only one, I missed last game's code.

MCur19

Sep 27, 2017
Does anyone else track the "MyRewards" codes on their Petes App, to accumulate points? Was just wondering if I was the only one, I missed last game's code.

I also didn't see a code ... I did try Alumni or homecoming and even Alumni Homecoming
None of which worked

MCur19

Sep 27, 2017
Petes are first OVERALL-

I see PTBO sitting in the 8 hole after this week and the only OHL in top 10 ... my guess
I'm sure London somehow will still be on the list though

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I hope they’re not on all season will piss them off and keep the old “us against the world” attitude. There will be ups and downs what matters most is a healthy lineup going into the playoffs team D and a hot goalie

Good point!

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I do the "MyRewards" thing too- I missed the game as well-maybe we can start posting it-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad