Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
So, marner had a ncaa offer from UM that he must of made OHL teams aware of and there was a direct link between the LKs and MM.
MM “It was a complete surprise to be picked by the Knights, I had no idea”. That’s kinda hard to believe. Hofford was both his coach and LKs director of scouting, “I know the family. That’s why we felt we could probably talk him into coming.” That statement contradicts what his father said.
Just to be clear I don’t really care but it’s easy to connect the dots on this one. LKs do have a long history of drafting and signing players who used the ncaa to get drafted by them.

Every good player has NCAA offers lol. If you think 20+ schools didn't offer Quinton Byfield a full ride then you're out of your mind

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Every good player has NCAA offers lol. If you think 20+ schools didn't offer Quinton Byfield a full ride then you're out of your mind

You are moving further way from the topic with that last comment. We’re not talking about whether players have ncaa offers. Our discussion is about how players are using those ncaa offers.

Quinton Byfield is the perfect example of someone with outstanding character. He never used the 20 plus ncaa offers to alter his draft position. Byfield was willing to play wherever he was drafted. He is a shining example of what other young players who want to play in the ohl should do.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
You are moving further way from the topic with that last comment. We’re not talking about whether players have ncaa offers. Our discussion is about how players are using those ncaa offers.

Quinton Byfield is the perfect example of someone with outstanding character. He never used the 20 plus ncaa alter his draft position. Byfield was willing to play wherever he was drafted. He is a shining example of what other young players who want to play in the ohl should do.
Well said.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
That would be the best option give Austin a well rested team in front of him and jones can handle the back to back

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Kirk was hurt and at the end of the game so was Osmanski. Both due to Walker hits. Not sure on either's status but the team should note Walker's number for next game. The hit on Osmanski will be reviewed by league I assume.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Kirk was hurt and at the end of the game so was Osmanski. Both due to Walker hits. Not sure on either's status but the team should note Walker's number for next game. The hit on Osmanski will be reviewed by league I assume.
I see on Twitter kirk was out shopping at the uk store in town so appears he’s ok

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017

Quinton Byfield is the perfect example of someone with outstanding character. He never used the 20 plus ncaa offers to alter his draft position. Byfield was willing to play wherever he was drafted. He is a shining example of what other young players who want to play in the ohl should do.
Thankyou and yes respect to byfield

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
So if Robertson is back tomorrow, who moves to the 4th line?
Surely Isaacson has played well enough to maintain a top 9 spot.

How will the lines change with Robertson back in the mix?
This is what things have looked like without Robertson......

Gogolev - SDA- Butler
Isaacson - Gallant - Timleck
Kirk - Paquette - Hinz
Partridge - Cermak - Denault
Hutton

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017

Gogolev - SDA- Butler
Kirk - Paquette - Hinz
Hutton

A tough call.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017

Gogolev - SDA- Butler
Kirk - Paquette - Hinz
Hutton
He won’t take it well but I’d say timleck the least effective of that top 9 gets knocked off pucks misses net a ton high when coming down the wing which usually clears the zone drives me nuts

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Dylan Wells will be starting the season in the ECHL. Any Petes fans surprised by this?

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Not a Rembrandt that’s for sure but it’s 2pts..gotta sharpen up team D yikes. Petes can score but gotta pay attention to both ends. Not a terrific 1st game for the 16yr old but it’ll come not much help really. Hoping for a good game vs Oshawa tomorrow. Still missing Robertson and JPJ now possibly Gallant

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
That game started out rough with Gallant crashing into the boards. Had to be carried off - they should have had a stretcher. Was probably his knee. Then Erie gets two goals - Austin a bit scrambly but what the heck it's his first game. The Petes had to claw their way back four times. Probably didn't deserve the win especially on the trip on the Erie player in the OT which didn't get called. We go down a minute later and Timleck gets the winner. Nice game by Chisholm and heck Fraser too. We could be in tough against the Gennies tomorrow. That was probably the worst game I've seen them play (i skipped through most of the 7-1 loss it was taped). Erie is a good team and is better than their record.

Reactions: Petesfan8

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
... We go down a minute later and Timleck gets the winner. Nice game by Chisholm and heck Fraser too. We could be in tough against the Gennies tomorrow. That was probably the worst game I've seen them play (i skipped through most of the 7-1 loss it was taped). Erie is a good team and is better than their record.

Ehhhhhh, idk about that. I agree, that was the worst the Petes have played this year and Erie still gave up like 10 breakaways and let the Petes win the game. I don't know if you can say that team is better than their record. They're just not a very talented team overall, which is why you can get away with that effort tonight and still get 2 points

Reactions: ptbopete and Diaero

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I kind of loved the Petes taking Tye Austin out when they did, even though it was tied 4-4 and he clearly wanted to stay in. For two reasons, the first being, if it a potential head injury, you just can't mess around with that and the second being, if it wasn't a real injuries, few things in hockey bug me more than the overdramatic fake goalie injury. Basically, if you're acting hurt, let's assume you're hurt and get someone healthy in there.

I've noticed this staff do this a couple times where a player leaves hurt, returns to the bench but they still skip him a few times through the line rotations to ensure he really is healthy enough to be playing.

Reactions: ptbopete

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Gallant isn't playing this weekend which sucks but it sounds like it's a "bone bruise" according to the Examiner.Not as bad as a break. Robertson has a cast on his wrist so he's clearly not ready. More line juggling ahead. Denault got a lot of ice last night once Gallant was out.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I was at the game so I'm not sure if they explained on the telecast, but why was there an almost ten minute delay in the game while the refs checked something? It was well after the video review for the potential offside on the Erie goal, and I didn't see any scoring chances they could be looking at.

On the plus side, won some free chicken for being Mary Brown's row of the game haha.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I was at the game so I'm not sure if they explained on the telecast, but why was there an almost ten minute delay in the game while the refs checked something? It was well after the video review for the potential offside on the Erie goal, and I didn't see any scoring chances they could be looking at.

On the plus side, won some free chicken for being Mary Brown's row of the game haha.

My brother does the penalty box said clock wasn’t running they were trying to get the time to the correct time

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I’m really liking the TEAM play this year they are really coming together as one. Tonight will be a good test for them down Robertson and gallant. Last nights comeback should help push them through this one for a W

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Ehhhhhh, idk about that. I agree, that was the worst the Petes have played this year and Erie still gave up like 10 breakaways and let the Petes win the game. I don't know if you can say that team is better than their record. They're just not a very talented team overall, which is why you can get away with that effort tonight and still get 2 points

Erie didn’t just “let the Petes win”. The Petes did have a off game but they still battled back and won the game. They do deserve a little credit for that.
Can’t say I’ve ever seen a OHL team just let the other team win lol

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Erie didn’t just “let the Petes win”. The Petes did have a off game but they still battled back and won the game. They do deserve a little credit for that.
Can’t say I’ve ever seen a OHL team just let the other team win lol

When you're winning the entire game (Petes were not leading for 1 second of the game last night) and you still give the other team 5+ breakaways, I'd say that's giving them the win. They're just not a very talented team, and the standings reflect that

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Gallant isn't playing this weekend which sucks but it sounds like it's a "bone bruise" according to the Examiner.Not as bad as a break. Robertson has a cast on his wrist so he's clearly not ready. More line juggling ahead. Denault got a lot of ice last night once Gallant was out.
Heard it’ll be months not weeks it’s not good

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Heard it’ll be months not weeks it’s not good

Damn. Was hoping we lucked out with "bone bruise" instead of broken leg. He seemed to have enough time to angle himself to not go leg first into the boards, I was surprised he didn't attempt to go in butt-first. Big loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad