Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I don't disagree with your sentiment, I have teammates from 30 years ago I still talk with but I also have former teammates I wouldn't waste the spit on if I passed them on fire.
We're not talking minor hockey buddy buddy here and no due respect; comparing college intramural to the OHL is ridiculous.
There are so many levels to this that it would take a chapter or two in a book to break down.
Let's leave as all the Storm fans are mad cause Merkley got traded and are only here stirring up s#!t because they are jealous of Peterborough's success since he has joined your team.
My inclusion of the levels of hockey I've played at were to point out that even at those "buddy buddy" levels, there would never ever be players that would try less or sacrifice their play because of a teammate that they wouldn't waste their spit on or whatever. If that crap doesn't happen at those minor levels, then it most certainly wouldn't take place in a league like the OHL, where their personal performance really matters. That's the point I was trying to make. I know you're on your high horse because your team is good this year, and that you believe it's because of you and all that good stuff. It's easy to poke your fun at the Petes because their playing bad, so good for you, you're not the first and you won't be the last. You're more than welcome to stay on your own, well performing, team's thread with your hockey knowledge that is clearly far too superior for us lame hockey fans here in Peterborough

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Unless there is something off the ice, the standard seems to apply differently to different players.
My guess is that Fraser expressed his displeasure or inability to understand why he was a healthy scratch.
As a 4th year vet, that’s inexcusable. Take your medicine (which, btw, is being given to stress the importance of discipline and a “team first” attitude to all players), learn from it and move on.
Short term pain for long term gain
#changingtheculture

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Great game. Wonderful to see Austin get the win and play so well. He definitely should play in Niagara. Let Jones have Kingston Sunday. I also thought Kirk had a really good game tonight.

PenaltyBoxPetesFan

Jan 10, 2019
Agree Austin played amazing tonight made some big saves in the third. That line of paq Kirk and timleck played really well together in the first tonight. Nice to see Chisholm get the empty netter as well.

Reactions: ptbopete

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Has Fraser left the team?
I think it's team choice he isn't playing, not Fraser's. After tonight's game, I can't imagine he's getting back in over JPJ Saturday either (and that's without really knowing the details of this team suspension or whatever we want to call it)

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
The Petes played with more urgency in both ends of the rink. They showed no respect to London.....they quickly pressured the puck as soon as it was on a Knights stick and they were physical but disciplined.

Nice to see the PP click

Tonight might have been the best game ever for the Petes getting pucks out of their zone without icing it. JPJ’s draw weight was especially impressive.

I love it when players who are skilled offensively work hard on defense.... hats off to Liam Kirk on a great game tonight.

It was strong team D tonight and Austin was solid protecting the lead. Let the kid have the net in Niagara.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Kirk was great, two assists, multiple chances.. really that whole line with Paquette and Timleck controlled possession every time they were on the ice but give the extra shout out to Kirk for the points and the big shot block late in the third.

The Petes overall played an excellent game. They were constantly putting pressure on London in London's end. Overall good effort including coaching, goaltending, offense and defence. Also they were putting shots on net, something they don't always do. Very few giveaways and mistakes. Let's hope we see more.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
I think it's team choice he isn't playing, not Fraser's. After tonight's game, I can't imagine he's getting back in over JPJ Saturday either (and that's without really knowing the details of this team suspension or whatever we want to call it)
It's a shame about Fraser. Lots of talent and his numbers aren't really that bad. He is taking fewer penalties and is a physical force out there. Maybe he comes back motivated to improve. great win last night -total upset. Timely because I've been skipping lots of games lately and I actually watched this game.

Reactions: Zebra

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
London Knights fan are by far the most pathetic fans in the league. Can't respect a team that has every advantage afforded to them by a commissioner that's practically on their payroll, employing NHL level staff with professional level facilities that allow them to manipulate the draft board in their favor year after year.

They currently sit 1st place in the West, and 2nd overall in OHL, and 5th overall in all of Canada. This is what their board had to say about losing to Peterborough yesterday.

"sad time to be a London Knights fan thats for sure!"

"They look like they have just plain given up on their Coach, team and fans!!!"

"I have no idea how anyone can be positive right now....its very very bleak"

" it’s really hard to see the team implode"

"Okay well is it possible to still tank and get a nice draft pick? I heard that Shane Wright kid is pretty good...what is the problem here this is such a turmoil"

It's like if this team doesn't just steamroll their competition like fans have been used to for the last decade they just fold and go cry in a corner. They'd all be on suicide watch if they cheered for a team like Peterborough ha ha.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
London Knights fan are by far the most pathetic fans in the league. Can't respect a team that has every advantage afforded to them by a commissioner that's practically on their payroll, employing NHL level staff with professional level facilities that allow them to manipulate the draft board in their favor year after year.

They currently sit 1st place in the West, and 2nd overall in OHL, and 5th overall in all of Canada. This is what their board had to say about losing to Peterborough yesterday.

"sad time to be a London Knights fan thats for sure!"

"They look like they have just plain given up on their Coach, team and fans!!!"

"I have no idea how anyone can be positive right now....its very very bleak"

" it’s really hard to see the team implode"

"Okay well is it possible to still tank and get a nice draft pick? I heard that Shane Wright kid is pretty good...what is the problem here this is such a turmoil"

It's like if this team doesn't just steamroll their competition like fans have been used to for the last decade they just fold and go cry in a corner. They'd all be on suicide watch if they cheered for a team like Peterborough ha ha.
You become a pretty different breed of human when you grow that accustomed to winning so much. Honestly I'd be pissed if I lost to an 8th place team who was playing a 16 year old goalies, while I have players like Formenton, Bouchard, Foudy, Hancock, Boqvist, etc. I would be so interested to see what would happen to that franchise, and even the league as a whole, if London had to go through one season of sub 500 hockey and missed the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad