Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
52 shots with maybe 2 scoring chances.

North Bay played the defensive game we knew they would, but holy crap that powerplay is ugly. They only have one set up and that's to find Robertson back-door for the one timer snapper. It's actually hard to watch.

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
And a guaranteed minimum $5000 50/50. I believe it's also the Saves for CF fundraiser. Should be fun! I have a feeling the Petes will have a big night offensively. Some guys are due. I'll say 6-3 Petes and SDA breaks out of his slump with a couple of points.
...sometimes it is best to not comment/predict...you cant take it back

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
52 shots with maybe 2 scoring chances.

North Bay played the defensive game we knew they would, but holy crap that powerplay is ugly. They only have one set up and that's to find Robertson back-door for the one timer snapper. It's actually hard to watch.

The PP went 25% tonight, which is 9% higher than our season average

Reactions: dirty12

PenaltyBoxPetesFan

Jan 10, 2019
Sda’s ice time was drastically cut tonight as it should be. Don’t think I seen him on the power play once. Screw feeding Robbie back door. We need to go back to Jody power play. Feed koro every time. We got merkley because why? His offence output. Put merkley on top of the circle and feed till it works. Gally regrivated his ankle that’s why he has been out.

Attachments

• 3CEF31CF-9367-4323-A846-B15EEF131C18.jpeg
    3CEF31CF-9367-4323-A846-B15EEF131C18.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Zebra

viewfromabove

Nov 29, 2017
Sda’s ice time was drastically cut tonight as it should be. Don’t think I seen him on the power play once. Screw feeding Robbie back door. We need to go back to Jody power play. Feed koro every time. We got merkley because why? His offence output. Put merkley on top of the circle and feed till it works. Gally regrivated his ankle that’s why he has been out.
I must have been watching a different game. SDA was on the power play all night. Lots of opportunities and came up empty yet again. This is tough to watch. And the schedule just gets worse from here on in. We may be lucky to win a game this month. I still can’t believe we made no moves for a top end goal scorer. Same thing as last year. If we aren’t goi g for it move the over agers and some picks to really go for it next year. Because if we think this team has what it takes with the current group to go for it next year think again.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Did anyone see Merkley on the bench in the last nine minutes of the 3rd period or did Coach Wilson send him to the room?

He left the bench -but didn’t see why -
if he was injured or had words with the coach.

However it looked like Pacquette had words with Wilson which is out of character for Pacquette -

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Anyone know what was going on with the clock?
Why wasn’t the last goal put up ?

viewfromabove

Nov 29, 2017
He left the bench -but didn’t see why -
if he was injured or had words with the coach.

However it looked like Pacquette had words with Wilson which is out of character for Pacquette -
He sat himself in the corner of the bench and wouldn’t move. I could see Walser telling to go and he refused Maybe this is why Guelph were so happy to see him go. Lol. Careful what you ask for

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Did anyone see Merkley on the bench in the last nine minutes of the 3rd period or did Coach Wilson send him to the room?

Hopefully sent to the room. He's not doing a thing out there. Just like SDA (who finally had his ice time cut some, but not nearly enough).

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
He sat himself in the corner of the bench and wouldn’t move. I could see Walser telling to go and he refused Maybe this is why Guelph were so happy to see him go. Lol. Careful what you ask for
We Storm fans tried to give you guys the heads up on Merkley but some just kept saying your coaching staff could deal with him better than ours did. He may have the offensive upside but the rest of his play and attitude just isn't worth it. He brings a team down, on and off the ice.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
We Storm fans tried to give you guys the heads up on Merkley but some just kept saying your coaching staff could deal with him better than ours did. He may have the offensive upside but the rest of his play and attitude just isn't worth it. He brings a team down, on and off the ice.

Guelph is here next Thursday. Think anyone will take a run at him?

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Has anyone noticed the number of times an opposing forward (or 2) gets in behind the Petes D and receive a pass leading to a breakaway? It happens A LOT this season. There must be some flaw in their defensive system that other teams have figured out and are exploiting. Seems to happen at least once a game (not always a goal). I remember one game earlier in the year where an opposing team scored 2 or 3 goals on the same play. They end up just before the blue line and the Petes D are ahead of them (closer to centre ice).

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
That’s the problem. Craft beer is great but the next day you’re in a coma. And Coors light is s$$$t. Lol. Ten dollars for any tall boy is criminal.
NB ..tall boys are $7
Got to love the true Canadian hockey talk; inter-conference 4 pt game and it's all jocularity about beer!
Petes with a strong start to the season but stumbling lately while NB has gone from hockey pretender to playoff intender with the league's leading scorer and hottest goaltender, yet the most intriguing thing is the cost of beer.
I can hardly wait for the playoff preview discussions on which arena's nachos have the best tasting fake cheese or who's stale popcorn is the saltiest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad