Confirmed with Link: Peter Laviolette, fired |Craig Berube new head coach (two-year contract, per Tim P.)

Flyersfan139

May 15, 2010
Exton, PA
Wow they fire him after 3 games? Give me a break. He should have either been gone before the season started or given at least half the season.

Pls fire Homer next.

RJ8812*

John Paddock was the one who coached the Phantoms a few years ago & got **** because they sucked despite there being zero talent on the roster, correct?

well, he was their HC in 08-09 and brought them to the playoffs, but was fired early on the following season

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Craig Berube Rips Sidney Crosby, Says Players “Should Run Him Overâ€

HAIL TO THE CHIEF!

"Let me tell you something, Crosby and Malkin are the two dirtiest players on their hockey team. They slash, they punch guys in the face. They do all these little things– I got no problem with what Schenn does. And if someone runs [Crosby] over– that’s great. They should run him over. This guy gets away with too much, in my opinion, whines to the refs all day and all night. It’s a joke. And the guy did something to Schenner a little bit earlier, so he just went at gave him a little shot. It wasn’t like it was a tough, bad cross-check. The guy dove. And I understand all that, they’re going to protect their guy, and they should."

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/0...-crosby-says-players-should-run-him-over.html

6a0120a6dde087970b01676499b66e970b-800wi

chimrichalds18

the key
Apr 17, 2007
philadelphia
Once again, the Flyers prove that they have little-to-no long-term plan. If you're willing to fire your coach 3 games into the season, you didn't have faith in that coach in the first place. I'm wondering when they'll ever learn.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
John Paddock was the one who coached the Phantoms a few years ago & got **** because they sucked despite there being zero talent on the roster, correct?

Paddock took over a bunch of second tier prospects, career AHLers and bottom of the barrel scraps and actually did pretty well under those circumstances.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Paddock took over a bunch of second tier prospects, career AHLers and bottom of the barrel scraps and actually did pretty well under those circumstances.

Yet Patterson took over the team, made them more successful but gets fired because the team likes in house coaches.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Feels like the Phillies/Sandberg move, I think they are hoping Lappy is the heir to a long term HC gig.

PhillyWings

May 10, 2010
PA
Typical Flyers move. Hit the panic button. In those three games the team did look like it was just going through the motions. I do want to see what kind of systems Berube will put in.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Typical Flyers move. Hit the panic button. In those three games the team did look like it was just going through the motions. I do want to see what kind of systems Berube will put in.

Lavy has been on a short leash regardless. A very short one. Plus, when you play basically the same lazy, and stupid hockey game 3 times in a row, and also games going back to last season, it was bound to happen. At least with Berube, it should be more interesting, especially with Paddock and Lappy as the assistant coaches.

The Flyers were 10-10-2 against the Devils in the regular season against the Devils, and 5-5 against them in the playoffs with Lavi so I'm not sure I get the point of your statement.

Pretty much since DeBoer took over the Devils, he always had the upper hand on Lavy, and Lavy never changed how he would go about trying to beat them, and usually lost.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Berube is also a mean *******, I doubt he'll take any **** from guys who don't want to play hard etc. Whatever "system" they play from now on you know regardless people should be hustling, which was my biggest complaint. Team had no fight/passion/desire to win in the final stages of Lavi's stay here.

Not to absolve the players entirely, but it must be hard to have passion for playing in a forechecking system where you constantly send 2 or 3 guys deep only to watch the other team's defense easily pass the puck past you out of the zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad