Peter Chiarelli Why Did You Trade Tayor Hall *****fest Bonanza!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
lol at those who still love Eberle.

He isn't getting fed butter soft minutes with a good rookie center anymore. Amazingly his offense dried up.

He's completely useless if he doesn't produce.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Also Eberle is more suited for the 2019 version of hockey. Lucic is useful 10 years ago. They both get the same amount of money and I know who id rather have.

Eberle is still a much better option that Lucic. He will end up with close to 60 points, he always does. Lucic will be around 30.

Strome is useless, Eberle is still a bad contract, but If I could trade Lucic and Strome for Eberle today I would.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Eberle is still a much better option that Lucic. He will end up with close to 60 points, he always does. Lucic will be around 30.

Strome is useless, Eberle is still a bad contract, but If I could trade Lucic and Strome for Eberle today I would.
Of course anyone would. Lucic has negative value and Eberle is UFA in a year. The only thing we would have to worry about is moving Sekera.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
So you'd prefer to out a top four defenseman, a top line center and our top forward prospect for a defenseman who makes about as much as all three of them put together? You think that's a missed opportunity? Yikes.

PK makes a half million more than Drai.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
PK makes a half million more than Drai.
Not at the time of that deal. Without the full season on McDavid's wing, there's no chance he ever makes that $8.5m.

Regardless, not worth the further discussion. It was a terrible trade idea. Another example of people who get distracted by the 'stars'.

space321

May 11, 2011

He isn't getting fed butter soft minutes with a good rookie center anymore. Amazingly his offense dried up.

Lol we're not "loving" Eberle, it's just a fact he's a better player than every natural winger currently on our roster.

Another fact: hits don't win games.

Another fact: only those who are chasing pucks hit

Another fact: Lucic loses the puck a lot

All signs point to Lucic being useless BECAUSE he can't score.

Reactions: harpoon

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Yup, the Oilers depth scoring has been a significant problem, no one would Honestly argue otherwise.

To pretend like Eberle wasn't basically run out of town is disingenuous, just as pretending he isn't a good player is disingenuous.

What we do know is he isn't an Oilers so cannot factor in to this team, no matter how hard some lament.

Reactions: harpoon

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Not at the time of that deal. Without the full season on McDavid's wing, there's no chance he ever makes that $8.5m.

Regardless, not worth the further discussion. It was a terrible trade idea. Another example of people who get distracted by the 'stars'.

Yeah let's look at all the teams that have won Cups without stars:

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yeah let's look at all the teams that have won Cups without stars:

Why do you keep repeating this POV? Classic chicken and the egg. There are plenty of teams with stars throughout history who win sweet f*** all.

It's bad enough the people whining about these missed opportunities are also complaining about the team's current lack of scoring depth. Opportunities like this are counterproductive towards improving that depth.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Lol we're not "loving" Eberle, it's just a fact he's a better player than every natural winger currently on our roster.

Another fact: hits don't win games.

Another fact: only those who are chasing pucks hit

Another fact: Lucic loses the puck a lot

All signs point to Lucic being useless BECAUSE he can't score.
Is it really necessary to compare the two? It's never been either or. Lucic was signed because we had a need for a top six LW in 2015. Save all the whining about the one we traded to fill an organizational need, Eberle's place on this team was always a luxury. He was an expensive complimentary second line right winger.

Fact: Jordan Eberle didn't fill an integral role on the Oilers' roster. He doesn't even fill one on the Isles roster sans Tavares.

If there's anyone Oilers fans really need to let go of--it's this guy.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Is it really necessary to compare the two? It's never been either or. Lucic was signed because we had a need for a top six LW in 2015. Save all the whining about the one we traded to fill an organizational need, Eberle's place on this team was always a luxury. He was an expensive complimentary second line right winger.

Fact: Jordan Eberle didn't fill an integral role on the Oilers' roster. He doesn't even fill one on the Isles roster sans Tavares.

If there's anyone Oilers fans really need to let go of--it's this guy.
Except that we're dying for scoring wingers currently which is exactly what Eberle is. We've jettisoned our three best scoring wingers: Hall, Maroon, Eberle and replaced them with Lucic, Strome, and nothing.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Except that we're dying for scoring wingers currently which is exactly what Eberle is. We've jettisoned our three best scoring wingers: Hall, Maroon, Eberle and replaced them with Lucic, Strome, and nothing.

Gotta give Nothing a shot eventually. We did give up a lot for him.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Gotta give Nothing a shot eventually. We did give up a lot for him.
I'll add to my point by stating I have no problem moving on from Eberle if we found a top 6 winger to replace him... Look at our top 6 wingers to the start of the year... Rattie, RNH, Lucic, and Puljuaarvi. 2 of those are rather inexperienced, and Lucic doesn't seem to be an effective top 6 winger right now. And of course RNH is a center.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Why do you keep repeating this POV?

Because it's the reality no matter how often you try and hand wave it away.

Classic chicken and the egg. There are plenty of teams with stars throughout history who win sweet **** all.

Seriously? Come on, man. It's not that complicated. Having stars doesn't guarantee you will win a title, but not having them guarantees you won't.

It's bad enough the people whining about these missed opportunities are also complaining about the team's current lack of scoring depth. Opportunities like this are counterproductive towards improving that depth.

When I talk about scoring depth I'm, not talking about bottom sixers chipping in. I'm talking about the lack of scoring ability at the very top of the roster which is related to a lack of talent across the board, which is tied to the team bleeding out good players for players who aren't as good or impactful.

You talk about guys like Rieder, Kassian, Caggiula, Khaira needing to be productive, but these guys at their best are bottom sixers that don't make up for the glaring lack of scoring options in the top 6 outside of McDavid. Last season is ample evidence of that.

Last edited:

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

Here's some interesting facts for you. Not that it means much....because the excuse is that it isn't related and Eberle is wack

The Oilers made the Playoffs with Eberle

The Oilers have been utter horseshxxx since Strome was bought in as his replacement

:laugh:

just sayin...

Konami McDavid

May 1, 2015
Edmonton
Thank you Mr. Chiarelli,

This man is a modern day martyr. Our world has become so divisive. The other day I stumbled upon a very heated argument between numerous people regarding how to properly wet your toothbrush. This was destroying friendships. We search for things to disagree about. We will hurt each other over political views, opinions. We have a culture of abrasion and resistance to each other, but not to those who actually deserve it. In times like these we need to find common ground. Something to bring us together. Thank you Mr. Chiarelli, because we can all agree that you are a horrible GM. You and your coach have created unity. We can all unite in the truth that one of, if not both of you, are truly horrible at your job.

Reactions: rambo97

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Thank you Mr. Chiarelli,

This man is a modern day martyr. Our world has become so divisive. The other day I stumbled upon a very heated argument between numerous people regarding how to properly wet your toothbrush. This was destroying friendships. We search for things to disagree about. We will hurt each other over political views, opinions. We have a culture of abrasion and resistance to each other, but not to those who actually deserve it. In times like these we need to find common ground. Something to bring us together. Thank you Mr. Chiarelli, because we can all agree that you are a horrible GM. You and your coach have created unity. We can all unite in the truth that one of, if not both of you, are truly horrible at your job.

Katz way of punishing Chiarelli is to come and watch the Oilers practice when the Oilers stink up the joint for well over a year and trade away all our major assets.

This owner gets it ...

what accountability.

:biglaugh:

Reactions: Konami McDavid

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
We can all unite in the truth that one of, if not both of you, are truly horrible at your job.

The division in your statement above can be found in how horrible he is?

For instance, I think he is the worst GM in the history of Pro-Sports, while you may just think he is the worst GM in the NHL for the last 1o years. We both agree, but we may differ in our agreement.

Reactions: Konami McDavid

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I’ll take Eberle’s soft play and 60 points over any natural winger on the team right now.

This team with 97 and 29 is the worst offensive team in the league.

let that sink in.

Its like saying the 80's Oilers with Gretzky in per say 1981 is the worst offensive team in the league.

We have Connor McDavid. A human highlight reel and point scoring machine. We are last in the league in goals for with McDavid being 1st in PPG.

Just when you think this organization can't possibly get any lower.

That alone should get Peter Chiarelli fired on the spot without hesitation. This has been ongoing for over a year. He built this team around McDavid that has scored 3 times in 6 games without McDavids help.

1 of the goals was 3-3

2 goals ......2 f&^%$# goals lol

McDavid keeps saving this guys job. McDavid is masking how bad Chiarelli really is at his job. The blind homers in here cant see past that.

Last edited:

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Thank you Mr. Chiarelli,

:thumbu:

Konami McDavid

May 1, 2015
Edmonton
The division in your statement above can be found in how horrible he is?

For instance, I think he is the worst GM in the history of Pro-Sports, while you may just think he is the worst GM in the NHL for the last 1o years. We both agree, but we may differ in our agreement.

Haha.

I wont let you do this. There is common ground here regardless. We MUST thank Chia for bringing us together. Don't fight it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad