Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik - III

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
agreed. I see Gaunce next call up.
Is cehlarik waiver eligible or can he be claimed? I believe it was Dom mentioned that he wasn’t emergency call up.

cehlarik already cleared and i believe he would have to play 10 games or sit on roster for 30 days
before having to clear again. but @Dom - OHL would know better than i do

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Just trade him, get something for him.
Cassidy will never give him a real chance.
He'll get 1 game, maybe make a mistake, coach will isolate the incident and sit him, or send him down.
Meanwhile, every player makes a mistake. Must be real tough to play knowing there is a magnifying glass on
everything you do, and any mistake puts you on the bench.

BruinsNetwork

He'll get 1 game, maybe make a mistake, coach will isolate the incident and sit him, or send him down.
Meanwhile, every player makes a mistake. Must be real tough to play knowing there is a magnifying glass on

Cehlarik personally seems to be handling it well, though. I spoke with him tonight one-on-one and will have some quotes out there tomorrow for everyone. Was absolutely dominant tonight in Providence, that’s for sure.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

You realize that when Cehlarik gets called up he's been put into the top 6 with Krejci right? He got a 40 game look last year and went ice cold after a good first 3 games. He also didn't require waivers to go back down and with Nordstrom & Lindholm coming back, someone had to go down.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
It’s clearly not working out for him here, which is too bad because I think he could do well in the right system. He’s been given many chances on DKs wing and did nothing with it. Not sure how much blame we can put on Butch for it not working out.

I think they need to admit defeat and deal him before he rots away in Prov.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
It’s clearly not working out for him here, which is too bad because I think he could do well in the right system. He’s been given many chances on DKs wing and did nothing with it. Not sure how much blame we can put on Butch for it not working out.

How many minutes did Peter have with Krejci? Is it enough to determine a fit?

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
How many minutes did Peter have with Krejci? Is it enough to determine a fit?
He had a decent collection of games last year on that line but very few this year. I’d like to think fitting in on a DK line is a bit easier than other centers with how good he is at getting his wingers the puck.

Imo, its enough to determine.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
He had a decent collection of games last year on that line but very few this year. I’d like to think fitting in on a DK line is a bit easier than other centers with how good he is at getting his wingers the puck.

Imo, its enough to determine.

if that’s the case they should take him. I want to see a good 10 game stretch. By all accounts he’s developing and picking up on what Cassidy has been preaching. Thought he looked far more aggressive last 2 games.

IMO need to see more.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
if that’s the case they should take him. I want to see a good 10 game stretch. By all accounts he’s developing and picking up on what Cassidy has been preaching. Thought he looked far more aggressive last 2 games.

IMO need to see more.
With DK or just in general with the club?

Butch scrambles the lines so quickly during games it’s tough for new guys to build chemistry.

Bringing him up to play on the Kuraly line seems pointless to me. Like he did early this year.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
With DK or just in general with the club?

Butch scrambles the lines so quickly during games it’s tough for new guys to build chemistry.

Bringing him up to play on the Kuraly line seems pointless to me. Like he did early this year.

They did the same thing with Bjork and he's still here.

Reactions: The National

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Well, his last playtime with DK in Detroit, he made a nice feed to him for a goal. Next day, poof, he's gone. According to one Providence observer, Cehlarik was the best player on the ice for his first game back. Agree with Blowfish, he merits a ten game stint in the top nine, preferably with Krejci while DeBrusk is on the IL.

Reactions: Blowfish

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Well, his last playtime with DK in Detroit, he made a nice feed to him for a goal. Next day, poof, he's gone. According to one Providence observer, Cehlarik was the best player on the ice for his first game back. Agree with Blowfish, he merits a ten game stint in the top nine, preferably with Krejci while DeBrusk is on the IL.

Who are you sending down and whose sitting?

Reactions: DarrenBanks56

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
ummm lindblom. or whoever the hell that guy was last nite.
Coyle should not be playing wing also.

haha, yeah it was Lindholm, but he was pretty much the invisible man out there. I guess on the plus side he didn't really do anything terrible like most of the rest of the team. I just don't get the decision to play him when JDB is out and someone needs to provide offense. Would have much rather seen Cehlarik stay up and Lindholm put on waivers, to hell with him. I never understood the signing and while he isn't a terrible player, we have Nordstrom, Kuraly, Wagner, Ritchie- all who can do what Lindholm does including not generate much offense.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Lindholm would require waiver if you tried to send him down. If you keep Cehlarik up for 30 days or 10 games then he'd require waivers as well when you send him down because DeBrusk returns.

You could just sit Lindholm. Coyle should be our #3 center. Not wing. Also- nobody is going to claim Cehlarik. He already cleared waivers earlier in the year. With the top line struggling right now and Debrusk out- We should get 5 games of Cehlarik-Krejci-Pasta. And put Heinen on first line RW.

Cassidy is starting to fire me up the past month. He's pulling off some Clode type moves out there.

Reactions: Blowfish

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
You could just sit Lindholm. Coyle should be our #3 center. Not wing. Also- nobody is going to claim Cehlarik. He already cleared waivers earlier in the year. With the top line struggling right now and Debrusk out- We should get 5 games of Cehlarik-Krejci-Pasta. And put Heinen on first line RW.

Cassidy is starting to fire me up the past month. He's pulling off some Clode type moves out there.

You can only have 23 men on the roster, so if Cehlarik stays someone needs to go down. Its not as simple as just someone sitting.

Reactions: The National

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
BTW...Dom looks at a lot of games and doesn’t see, so ‍♂️

Wait. I'm not sure what it is you think I've said and trying to make sense of this.

You say Cehlarik has hockey sense? I've never said that, in fact I've said exactly the opposite. I think it's below average.

But then again, I probably measure hockey sense different then 99% of this board.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
cehlarik already cleared and i believe he would have to play 10 games or sit on roster for 30 days
before having to clear again. but @Dom - OHL would know better than i do

Somewhat correct.

You can call a player up on an emergency basis for 9 games/30 days and would not require waivers.

However, for game 10, you can convert him to regular recall and the 9 game/30 day clock would reset before the player would require waivers.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Wait. I'm not sure what it is you think I've said and trying to make sense of this.

You say Cehlarik has hockey sense? I've never said that, in fact I've said exactly the opposite. I think it's below average.

But then again, I probably measure hockey sense different then 99% of this board.

How would you than explain this?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I guess some here see things they like don’t like. To each their own. It’s ok to Form your own opinion.

I like the player however also recognize his faults.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad