Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik - III

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Cehlarik evolved his game as he was told by coaches. It's easy to see the difference between last season and this season. Last season the biggest knocks on him were his skating was below average, unnecessary turnovers, high risk passes in the own zone and consistency of his effort game in game out. He clearly worked on his skating during the offseason as it looks better, it's nothing spectacular but it's ok.
Now we see a player who is sort of a bland. In his small 3 game sample he didn't cause any high scoring chance for an opposing team however his offensive game is also sort of gone.

I call it on coaching as they had an asset with a certain offensive potential and some defensive issues. Unfortunately the impatience to give him time to adjust properly, encourage his offensive instincts and work on his weaknesses is a player who now will get rid of a puck in 3 seconds, makes only low risk passes, does not carry the puck out of his own zone.
Plus he does not engage in any scrums despite a good frame and does not give you any emotion nor is outspoken on the bench. So he is not an easy player to read for the coaches.

I still think Peter could be a useful player but not with the Bruins. However what do I know, I thought his stay would be long time over compared to Vatrano, Czarnik or even Donato. So it would not surprise me if he outlives either Bjork or Senyshyn if those names are asked in any top 6 RW trade .

Last edited:
Reactions: maxl7

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
its obvious to me he seems nervous to play for cassidy.
he started out in 2017 playing great. got injured never realky got the chance again.
2018 had a great camp. and donato gets chance after chance instead of him. and oh yeah..so did gamel smith.lol.

i just feel he gets nervous when he gers up here because of the coach here. he obviiusly has grest passing skills and i think he would make great linemate with krejci and a scorer.

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Cehlarik personally seems to be handling it well, though. I spoke with him tonight one-on-one and will have some quotes out there tomorrow for everyone. Was absolutely dominant tonight in Providence, that’s for sure.

Bruins - where do you post? Looking forward to the comments.

Nice to see even with the P bruin snoozefest losses this weekend Cehlarik continues to play hard.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
its obvious to me he seems nervous to play for cassidy.
he started out in 2017 playing great. got injured never realky got the chance again.
2018 had a great camp. and donato gets chance after chance instead of him. and oh yeah..so did gamel smith.lol.

i just feel he gets nervous when he gers up here because of the coach here. he obviiusly has grest passing skills and i think he would make great linemate with krejci and a scorer.

If you look at Cehlariks #'s, he's done most of a production within the first 3 games of his call-up. He also got a 20 game look last year on Krejci's wing...tough say say he's never gotten a chance.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
If you look at Cehlariks #'s, he's done most of a production within the first 3 games of his call-up. He also got a 20 game look last year on Krejci's wing...tough say say he's never gotten a chance.

I don’t believe he was not on Krejci s line for 20 games. Maybe 5 or 6 games. And by all accounts his game is changing in 2019 to meet the needs of the bruins. Hence some frustration.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008

He had his chances however to say he played all 20 games only on Krejci's line is ridiculous. In his most recent 3 games he played on Kuraly's line, on Coyle's line and only the last game with Krejci and Heinen.
Cassidy is well known for shuffling the wings up and down the line up mid period/game if he doesn't like certain shift or player's effort.
It's been pretty much the annual thing for the Bruins to have an open contest with a revolving door of candidates who is going to be on Krejci's wing. In the last 3 seasons I remember from Backes, Heinen, Gionta, Donato, Kuhlman, Coyle, Cehlarik, Vatrano, Nordstrom, Wagner, Gemel Smith to almost a Zamboni driver.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He had his chances however to say he played all 20 games only on Krejci's line is ridiculous. In his most recent 3 games he played on Kuraly's line, on Coyle's line and only the last game with Krejci and Heinen.
Cassidy is well known for shuffling the wings up and down the line up mid period/game if he doesn't like certain shift or player's effort.
It's been pretty much the annual thing for the Bruins to have an open contest with a revolving door of candidates who is going to be on Krejci's wing. In the last 3 seasons I remember from Backes, Heinen, Gionta, Donato, Kuhlman, Coyle, Cehlarik, Vatrano, Nordstrom, Wagner, Gemel Smith to almost a Zamboni driver.

I hear Gryz's dad is next up

Reactions: Saxon Eric

BruinsNetwork

Bruins - where do you post? Looking forward to the comments.

Nice to see even with the P bruin snoozefest losses this weekend Cehlarik continues to play hard.

It’ll be on my site today and I’ll link it when it’s transcribed. Sorry for the delay, had a couple things come up yesterday. Stay tuned.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Last year he spent majority of his time on Krejci's wing, but was moved to the 3rd line as he struggled.

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
What's happening with him this year? Any chance he plays any meaningful games? Or his a piece to package for a deadline rental?

BruinsNetwork

Alright I’ll spill the beans. My interview with Cehlarik is delayed because my voice recorder jumped into the washer machine and decided to go for a ride in a pair of pants. It’s showing signs of life but it isn’t quite there yet. Prayers are requested during this time.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Has the Cehlarik ship sailed or could he be a line 3 solution if Ritchie doesn’t work out ?
I’m assuming it has sailed. Too bad because there’s something there I feel. However he’s not made it in Boston and nobody grabbed him on waivers. Hard to see a viable path to an NHL job.

I’m guessing he ends up in Europe maybe?

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Has the Cehlarik ship sailed or could he be a line 3 solution if Ritchie doesn’t work out ?
He's playing well since coming back from injury, if he stays hot and something opens up you never know. But at least two of the top 9 would have to go down since they'd probably just move Kuhlman up first.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Should bruins face some injuries or the newbies and/or others fail to impress I could see some experimentation taking place...

It appears Celly is playing better returning from injury however one of Senyshyn, Studnicka, Gaunce, other? ahead of Celly. Unless Celly goes on some ridiculous point scoring streak I don't see it happening for him in Boston.

The only thing stopping Celly from being a bruin is pace and speed...Cassidy loves pace strong puck pursuit and that hasn't been part of Celly's game.

I see him landing a spot in the NHL next year but don't see him in Boston next year.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Should bruins face some injuries or the newbies and/or others fail to impress I could see some experimentation taking place...

It appears Celly is playing better returning from injury however one of Senyshyn, Studnicka, Gaunce, other? ahead of Celly. Unless Celly goes on some ridiculous point scoring streak I don't see it happening for him in Boston.

The only thing stopping Celly from being a bruin is pace and speed...Cassidy loves pace strong puck pursuit and that hasn't been part of Celly's game.

I see him landing a spot in the NHL next year but don't see him in Boston next year.

If only he had some jam to his game he night have had a better chance. They seem willing to overlook lack of speed for turbulence (both Ritchies and Backes, for example). He has pretty good size.

Reactions: PlayMakers

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
If only he had some jam to his game he night have had a better chance. They seem willing to overlook lack of speed for turbulence (both Ritchies and Backes, for example). He has pretty good size.

I always felt it was more than this. I still remember Cassidy making an example out of him by repeatedly choosing him to sit in the box for a string of bench minors last year and was scratching my head muttering- "why is he embarrassing him"?

Reactions: Pomee

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Cehlarik has always lacked effort and consistency. In every since one of his call ups he has a good first week, then he just settles in. We have more than a few players with that problem.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Cehlarik has always lacked effort and consistency. In every since one of his call ups he has a good first week, then he just settles in. We have more than a few players with that problem.

Which is strange because by all accounts he works really hard to improve his game - skating, fitness etc...Diver has said he's one of the hardest working p burin players.

I think he's too much like older Backes - slower/lacking pace to his game. Turtlish.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad