Recalled/Assigned: Petan and Kaskisuo

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Petan is not an NHL caliber player. This has been proven time after time. Can’t wait to watch him play in the top 6 and do absolutely nothing.

“Showcase him” LOL. No one wants this guy. What is wrong with Dubas???

i take Petan over Shore or Goat He is similar to timashov. Leafs have the worst 4 th line in hockey with shore goat tima. I actually like Tima but what he is goimg to be able to do playing with those two ?

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
enough of Petan already , surely there's got to be another winger on the Marlies they can a chance too

the Dube really can't let go of his pets , he seems just as stubborn as Babs

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
With back to back games this weekend against Boston and then Pittsburgh on Saturday, we might get to see Kaskisuo on HNIC against Malkin and Crosby (if he is back by then).

This new backup whack-a-mole goalie thingy could get off to a bad start is we keep our goalie rotation going.

I feel bad for Kask if his 1st NHL game comes against Pens on national TV.

Reactions: ACC1224

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Exactly. It's not like this lineup with Petan hasn't been tried. He's not a difference maker. The Leafs need to see if they have anything else that does make any sort of difference.....which you can never find out by not trying it.

Has Petan played above the 4th line really though? I think the LA game was the only one where he was used above the 4th line.

Also, there is a good chance that he's not even playing. With Hyman coming back tomorrow, Moore is probably sticking in the top 9 and you know Babcock is going to use Spezza/Shore on that 4th line... Do we really need the 14th forward?

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Oh no , I just noticed the goalie wears #50

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-12_10-30-19.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-12_10-30-19.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 4

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
enough of Petan already , surely there's got to be another winger on the Marlies they can a chance too

the Dube really can't let go of his pets , he seems just as stubborn as Babs

It's almost like he's showcasing Petan for a trade, as has been talked about in the articles where Petan is on the block.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
With back to back games this weekend against Boston and then Pittsburgh on Saturday, we might get to see Kaskisuo on ATTSN PT against Malkin and Crosby (if he is back by then).

This new backup whack-a-mole goalie thingy could get off to a bad start is we keep our goalie rotation going.

FIFY

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
With back to back games this weekend against Boston and then Pittsburgh on Saturday, we might get to see Kaskisuo on HNIC against Malkin and Crosby (if he is back by then).

expecting him to get lit up. Sadly there are not many options out there for us given that we can only spend 1 mil on a backup thanks to marners contract

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Me as well. Liked what I saw of Archbald in preseason and would not mind seeing more of him but he might be too tall to be called up.
Archibald is only on an AHL deal....

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
It's almost like he's showcasing Petan for a trade, as has been talked about in the articles where Petan is on the block.
so he's showcasing a guy for a trade who's cleared waivers multiple times ? yea that makes a lot of sense

maybe you should try to come up with a better excuse why Petan keeps finding his way back on the roster

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
expecting him to get lit up. Sadly there are not many options out there for us given that we can only spend 1 mil on a backup thanks to marners contract
why is it Marners contract ? it could just as easily be JT's overpayment which cost us the cap to get a better upgrade

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Looks like Saturday will be Kaskisuo debut in net and Burkes debut on Coachs Corner. Although I'm guessing they won't call it that anymore.
New name might be something like ' Smartest Guy in the Room' presented by Brlycreem?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Looks like Saturday will be Kaskisuo debut in net and Burkes debut on Coachs Corner. Although I'm guessing they won't call it that anymore.
New name might be something like ' Smartest Guy in the Room' presented by Brlycreem?

Burke would win a whole bunch of people over if he used his first segment to berate Ron MacLean for not standing behind his supposed friend. (And don't think Brian Burke wouldn't do it.)

Reactions: teddygmr

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
i take Petan over Shore or Goat He is similar to timashov. Leafs have the worst 4 th line in hockey with shore goat tima. I actually like Tima but what he is goimg to be able to do playing with those two ?

The counter to that would look how often they start in the D zone. What can you expect?

As a player, Petan may be more appealing, but Gauthier and Shore are there to fill a role, win face offs and kill penalties.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Burke would win a whole bunch of people over if he used his first segment to berate Ron MacLean for not standing behind his supposed friend. (And don't think Brian Burke wouldn't do it.)

But Don's in the clear for almost getting his friend fired for absolutely no real reason.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Petan is not an NHL caliber player. This has been proven time after time. Can’t wait to watch him play in the top 6 and do absolutely nothing.

“Showcase him” LOL. No one wants this guy. What is wrong with Dubas???

I would like for you or some other poster to please tell me what Dubas has done that would lead me to believe he can do something about the situation we’re in. Isn’t he the dumbass who got us into this mess???

Reactions: Matthews34

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I would like for you or some other poster to please tell me what Dubas has done that would lead me to believe he can do something about the situation we’re in. Isn’t he the dumbass who got us into this mess???
No, he has to not. He has only been GM for a little more than a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: stickty111 and kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad