Recalled/Assigned: Petan and Kaskisuo

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
If goalies were car engines, the Leafs see a 426 Hemi Crate engine, acquire it thinking they'll go fast,
only to find out it doesn't suit their Honda without completely reworking the entire system.

I don't think the Leafs have had a structured team defensive in ages. You acquire someone like Raycroft, Toskala,
etc., they're the types that might have some success 'within the box' on another team. What the Leafs need
is someone who can stand on their head and plays 'outside the box'. Grant Fuhr style. His numbers sucked,
but he'd stand on his head and steal a goal. Think the early season problems with Andersen is he starts out more rigid
and then starts loosing up. Forget the stats, get someone who'd make Bob Cole say, "Oh baby!"

Hopefully the team can tighten up the box while Kaskisuo can pull some rabbits out of his hat.
Wanna win, get a Finn

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Agreed with your 2nd paragraph. That's why I'd like to see Babcock change up his usage. Makes zero sense to have the 4th line be a defensive shutdown line (I.e for defensive zone faceoff shifts).

I'd like to see Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Moore get a lot more defensive-usage than they've had so far. That frees up the 4th line to be productive rather then being caved in night after night. Timashov - Spezza/Shore/Gauthier - Petan line is perfect for that.
I agree. This trio has been very good together at almost every chance.

I still think they need a 4th line upgrade. Someone like Nicolas Roy could possibly be had for relatively cheap out of Vegas. I’ve mentioned his name a lot but I really liked him against the Marlies in the playoffs and I’ve always been a fan. I think he could be an upgrade on Nick Shore in several ways.

I think they’ve got a better chance finding more suitable players than Babcock changing his approach. :laugh:

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
If he can manage more top 9 minutes while Marner is out maybe he can find his way. He has managed to follow Martin St Louis' slow growth pattern but he needs to get in another 50 games this year and I don't think he'll do it. Too many scoring forwards on the Leafs just like the Jets.
Sure,everyone needs a real good chance to prove themselves. As well as have the benefit of someone trying to guide you,correct your mistakes,etc. Better quality line-mates can be a difference maker...your passes are converted to goals ,they see when you are open,etc . Sometimes coaches/GM's think you deserve that opportunity,but there are only so many spots available...and if you're not built for 4th line duties then I guess that's that!

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I’m not a fan of Petan , as he just hasn’t done anything positive or negative anytime he’s been given the chance , really ! , nada

I remember when guys where called up from Tulsa lol back when , anyway from any of the Leafs affiliates at the time , no matter who they were , they at least did something , anything , fight , score , assist , hit , work hard , anything !!! But so far nothing from him
Bruce Boudreau was a prime example of being called up , we used to wonder why he wasn’t staying up as he would always seem to get a point or two every time ..
Anyway
To be fair In today’s game you have to put guys like him on your top 6 in order for him to show something ...
He can’t be on your bottom six especially on your fourth line .. might as well not even bring him up ...
On that subject , why not bring up your two toughest guys on the Marlies and play them on tour forth line just for a change
Try it or bring up a line , that used to be done ...
Go Leafs go

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->