Persona Series

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
I started P5 yesterday. Started at 7. Next thing I know it's 11:30. I am not even through the tutorial and I already see that this could be a problem (in a good way.) No idea what to expect but I can't wait to dive back in later on.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I've been trying to decide if I want to do another playthrough of P5 this winter, or if I should just be patient for the Royal to come out. I haven't seen anything too concrete on that front. I probably wouldn't start it until late December, and so if P5R is going to come out in March or so, then I would rather just wait. But if it's going to be more like summer 2020, then it probably doesn't matter as much.

I guess I should also say that I never did anything in NG+, so maybe I could give that a go and see how it satiates.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Catherine: Full Body is currently on sale in the PSN store for 30 bucks, but I can't decide if I would actually like it that much. I love Persona, but I'm not sure if I'll love the puzzle platforming as much.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Catherine: Full Body is currently on sale in the PSN store for 30 bucks, but I can't decide if I would actually like it that much. I love Persona, but I'm not sure if I'll love the puzzle platforming as much.

I can honestly say that Catherine is what got me into the 'new' era of Persona games (I played a few hours of Persona 2 back in the day and enjoyed it quite a bit, but my PS2 was firmly mothballed in a closet on the other side of the country and my finger was far from the pulse of gaming by the time P3 & P4 came out).

I don't want to build it into anything that it's not, I don't want to sell the game as some sort of high art or something that must be played...but Catherine's unique premise attracted me in a way games hadn't in nearly a decade at that point and the end result was me getting a Vita to play P4G and turning into the Persona fanboy I am now. The gameplay didn't intrigue me in the slightest at first, but I wound up enjoying it far more than expected.

It still feels weird saying that 3 games got me back into gaming...Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, and...Catherine.

I can't vouch for Full Body yet, mind you. My preorder arrived hours after I left for 5 weeks of travel and I haven't had the time to go back into my queue since returning.

Last edited:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I can honestly say that Catherine is what got me into the 'new' era of Persona games (I played a few hours of Persona 2 back in the day and enjoyed it quite a bit, but my PS2 was firmly mothballed in a closet on the other side of the country and my finger was far from the pulse of gaming by the time P3 & P4 came out).

I don't want to build it into anything that it's not, I don't want to sell the game as some sort of high art or something that must be played...but Catherine's unique premise attracted me in a way games hadn't in nearly a decade at that point and the end result was me getting a Vita to play P4G and turning into the Persona fanboy I am now. The gameplay didn't intrigue me in the slightest at first, but I wound up enjoying it far more than expected.

It still feels weird saying that 3 games got me back into gaming...Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, and...Catherine.

I can't vouch for Full Body yet, mind you. My preorder arrived hours after I left for 5 weeks of travel and I haven't had the time to go back into my queue since returning.

Thanks, yeah I am definitely sort of in a similar boat, except for the fact that P5 made me something of a fanboy, though I really wish Atlus had money making schemes at all costs, or some weird angel investor so that they could port a bunch of stuff to PS4.

I think I've basically resolved to hold off momentarily, since I have a queue that is building and a final dissertation chapter to write in December anyways, but if it's hovering around $25, that's probably about as good of a price as it will have for a while... maybe since it's sort of a remake, there will be a post-holiday price cut, but I doubt it would drop to much below that. My splurge price for it is right around $20. I'm intrigued enough that I'm fine with that price. Having constant sales has really spoiled me, though I fully intend to drop full price on P5 Royal when it comes out.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I really wish Atlus would stop tempting me into re-buying a PS4 after I sold mine for a Switch earlier...

I was holding out for the PS5 dangit! :laugh:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I was thinking it wouldn't be out until the summer, but I guess there could still be delays. Definitely something to look forward to in getting through the winter... I was contemplating a replay because I'm out of TV to watch, but I think I'll hold off now.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I know a lot of us aren't enthused about it, but looks like Atlus dropped two hours of gameplay for P5 Scramble the other day:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Honestly it looks better than I would have expected. Anything coming out of Omega Force is probably still a coin flip, but at least it looks like Atlus were the ones doing all the character/story stuff.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I hate plugging Amazon, but in these crazy times... just fyi, the launch/steelbook edition is $10 off right now, and says it will arrive on the 31st.

Anyone have the game preordered? It's my first day 1 purchase since getting back to gaming, and needless to say, a 100+ hour game is looking pretty ideal right about now.

Btw, not sure this truly counts as a spoiler but will put in tags anyways- it concerns the new content in Royal:

Apparently there are some things you need to do story-wise in order to access the new semester. You have to raise the new counselor (Maruki )confidant to level 9, Akechi to 8, and Kasumi to 5 before you complete Sae Nijima's palace. Otherwise, I think you don't get the additional content. Since this is basically all new stuff, I guess most of us will stumble into it anyways, but I wanted to make note of it anyways.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad