Persona Series

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I don't know if I'll need to get P5R or not, but I have been itching for another P5 play through....

So many games, not enough time.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Going to buy the biggest special edition they offer. I'm just like that :).

Who else is betting that this will be a PS5 launch game as well just because?

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
What is this? A special edition of P5 or is it a DLC?
DLC it seems to be.

Persona 5: The Royal will add a number of new features to the game, including a new Phantom Thief named Kasumi Yoshizawa; a new confidant named Takuto Maruki who works as a counselor at Shujin Academy; and a new location to explore, Kichijoji. The game will touch on the students’ third semester at school.

In a teaser trailer posted to Atlus’ Japanese-language YouTube channel, we get a look at many of these new game elements, as well as others: a new dating location (an aquarium) and a new bar where players can enjoy games like pool and darts. There’s also new animation and a peek at new characters in action. (The 15-second English-language teaser trailercontains little more than a logo and a release window.)

According to the game’s Japanese website, Persona 5: The Royal will also include elements like selfies sent via the in-game messaging system, new events with twins Caroline and Justine, and new enemies to fight. The game will also support PlayStation 4 Pro, offering enhanced visuals.

Reactions: Turin and S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
DLC it seems to be.

Persona 5: The Royal will add a number of new features to the game, including a new Phantom Thief named Kasumi Yoshizawa; a new confidant named Takuto Maruki who works as a counselor at Shujin Academy; and a new location to explore, Kichijoji. The game will touch on the students’ third semester at school.

In a teaser trailer posted to Atlus’ Japanese-language YouTube channel, we get a look at many of these new game elements, as well as others: a new dating location (an aquarium) and a new bar where players can enjoy games like pool and darts. There’s also new animation and a peek at new characters in action. (The 15-second English-language teaser trailercontains little more than a logo and a release window.)

According to the game’s Japanese website, Persona 5: The Royal will also include elements like selfies sent via the in-game messaging system, new events with twins Caroline and Justine, and new enemies to fight. The game will also support PlayStation 4 Pro, offering enhanced visuals.
Wow, absolutely ****ing yes to this!

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
PGdM24zwCd6E3d5h2BU8Svnrm0k=.gif

Not loving that 2020 release, but it wouldn't truly be the ultimate version of Persona 5 without a **** ton of waiting.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Didn't P3 FES allow for P3 saves to be imported in a New Game+ sort of way? There's no real reason why certain things like confidant bonuses couldn't be brought over from clear game data on the same platform...just don't expect to pick up your save in the middle of the fourth palace.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I found an English dubbed version:

I've basically been unable to start a new game in the wake of finishing P5 last week. It feels too daunting to do another run through, although my usage of personas was pretty bad, so I could probably spend a lot more time tinkering on technical things if I did another playthrough, and skip a lot of the story stuff I already did.

I wish they could easily port the older versions to the PS4 store, but I guess that's the downside the being a small company. The upside is that the games kick ass... I don't think I'll have any trouble dropping $$ for this when it finally does come out in a year or more.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
So new neighbourhood, new phantom thief, new confidant, new plot elements, new finishers, new cutscenes, quality of life changes, presumably new personas..

Guess I’ll buy Persona 5 3 times..

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Second day of the event is streaming atm. Whatever other announcements they have will show up at some point.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
P5S looks horrible and what the hell is up with that delay for P5R in the west when the game has already been translated

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
P5S looks horrible and what the hell is up with that delay for P5R in the west when the game has already been translated

The Persona team is f***in' weird on the business side and I've heard some stuff about them over the years. Localization is understaffed, and they don't let translators get to work until the Japanese version is done. Same thing is happening with Catherine--the new version is the same game with some new content. Came out in Japan in February, isn't due out in English until September.

The only Persona game that's had a simultaneous release was the first Persona 4 Arena, and they ended up region locking it as a result because they didn't want people to be able to import it.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Well with this being the last day to snag any Golden Week sales, and I've had a bit of a craving to do another Persona run, I'm going to snag Persona 4 Golden to play on my PSTV.
This works out since I never did play the Golden version.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad