Per JD Igor and Buch injured in car accident

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
How does one break a rib if seatbelt on and air bags deploy? Would it be the Seatbelt that caused it? The Airbags?
When I was in HS, this is in the 90s the cops had a car crash simulator. It had 4 point harness and it was just a small inclined seat that only went a few feet but simulated a crash in to a solid object. My buddy did it. we were all good athletes etc. But the look on his face and the pain he had for while after left an impression. and that was with a really good racing type seat belt. I think they said the simulated speed was only a crash at like 10 mph.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Most likely Buch won't play tonight. Whiplash bother you a day or two later. With the airbags deploying, he most likely will feel it.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Seat belt or even airbag can cause it depending how close he drives to the wheel.
Thank God they are mostly all right, so pardon me for the puns.

Maybe Shesty had his Goal stick in his hand, when he should have been holding the wheel?

Also, why was Shesty driving? Shouldn't the better "driver" of play be at the wheel?

And apparently his glove wasn't big enough to catch the car making that u-turn.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
This is absolutely f*cking ridiculous.

is it ?

i mean hes a legend. hes been amazing his whole career but right now, hes a shell. he sounds beaten, listen to his interviews. cant blame him but still, hes the 3rd goalie on roster right now.

he hasnt played much recently. is he sharp ? is he ready to carry the load right now ?

georgi + hank < igor.

im sorry but thats my opinion.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
An optional practice seems like a good thing for him. Besides the obvious that it's a good sign to a comeback but if he was shaken up mentally from that crash I'd imagine having the ice mostly to yourself is calming

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but why don't they put Igor on the IR? It's screwing up my fantasy teams... :)
They will probably put him on IR/LTIR retroactively once they re-assess him in a few weeks and have a clearer timetable.

Yes, it does suck for fantasy sometimes.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Apparently (per a facebook group, so take it with a grain of salt), this was the aftermath. They were in the black sedan. If that's the case, they're VERY lucky that a broken rib is the only serious injury they suffered

87373906_10221660969294342_222101490544672768_n.jpg

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Apparently (per a facebook group, so take it with a grain of salt), this was the aftermath. They were in the black sedan. If that's the case, they're VERY lucky that a broken rib is the only serious injury they suffered

View attachment 327669
Wow. It doesn’t look like someone u-turn into them. Maybe the guy in front stopped short in order to make a u-turn? Anyhow that looks devastating. Other car passengers and driver were ok?

mcdoughnut

Jan 22, 2017
New York

View attachment 327669

So since we know it took place on the cross between Ocean Avenue and Avenue Z I checked google maps to see if I could find the two shops in the BG and was able to, so seems legit. Wow. Thank God they were OK, could have been a lot worse.

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 12.11.52 AM.png

PuckPuckPuck

Jun 24, 2018

View attachment 327669
Whoa, that looks terrible! Wonder if the red car in the upper right was involved in the accident also? It looks pretty banged up w/deployed airbags.
Thank God they were wearing their seatbelts, this could have ended so much worse.

Reactions: bl02 and FultonReed

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So, this will sound crazy to some of you Americans. A decent amount of Russians think seat belts are for p***yes and don't wear them. Actually, I'm being unfair, it used to be that way, I don't think it is as much now. But I personally have a good friend that never wears a seat belt. The car will beep till the cows come home and he won't wear it. Thank God these guys have common sense.

Reactions: Ola, romba and bl02

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
So, this will sound crazy to some of you Americans. A decent amount of Russians think seat belts are for p***yes and don't wear them. Actually, I'm being unfair, it used to be that way, I don't think it is as much now. But I personally have a good friend that never wears a seat belt. The car will beep till the cows come home and he won't wear it. Thank God these guys have common sense.

Yes, from the looks of that crash they could have been in big trouble if they weren't wearing seat belts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad