Per JD Igor and Buch injured in car accident

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Thanks. What's the typical treatment--time, physical therapy, and pain killers?
If it’s just an isolated non displaced rib fracture, they probably set him up on NSAIDs and sent him home after a few hours. For these injuries treatment is usually pretty conservative. Most completely heal within 6 weeks. If it was displaced, if he was older, or if there were multiple fractures, then things get more complicated.

Returning to sports is completely dependent on him and his pain. Usually within 3 weeks, but could be as early as 1 week if he’s feeling good and can wear some extra protection over the area.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
i would mold him a kevlar suit, make him a cocktail of painkillers and cocaine and send him out there to win us a cup.

also, very happy it wasnt worse.

to anyone saying hank and Georgie can fill in i say.... no. hank sounds beaten. no way he can play to that level. georgie needs to step up big time.

they cannot replace igor.

lastly, no more driving cars shesty.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
i would mold him a kevlar suit, make him a cocktail of painkillers and cocaine and send him out there to win us a cup.

also, very happy it wasnt worse.

to anyone saying hank and Georgie can fill in i say.... no. hank sounds beaten. no way he can play to that level. georgie needs to step up big time.

they cannot replace igor.

lastly, no more driving cars shesty.

I lol'ed. This cracked me up.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
In all honesty, I'd rather put him on IR until either we make the playoffs or the season ends. Letting him recover fully is far more important than anything that can happen this season short of winning a Cup

I would do the same thing. I have visions of Hank coming in for one last glorious run.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
If it’s just an isolated non displaced rib fracture, they probably set him up on NSAIDs and sent him home after a few hours. For these injuries treatment is usually pretty conservative. Most completely heal within 6 weeks. If it was displaced, if he was older, or if there were multiple fractures, then things get more complicated.

Returning to sports is completely dependent on him and his pain. Usually within 3 weeks, but could be as early as 1 week if he’s feeling good and can wear some extra protection over the area.

I played in a Championship game within a week after 2 non-displaced rib fractures. Painful as all hell. It hurt so much to even laugh. A sneeze felt like a knife puncture. Even driving over any little bump was murder. He should definitely rest and heal up.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
hqdefault.jpg

Who Igor and Buch hang around according to people in this thread

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
In all honesty, I'd rather put him on IR until either we make the playoffs or the season ends. Letting him recover fully is far more important than anything that can happen this season short of winning a Cup
Completely agree. Not a doctor and I do not play one on tv, but no sense in allowing someone who is a big part of the future get hurt for no reason

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I played in a Championship game within a week after 2 non-displaced rib fractures. Painful as all hell. It hurt so much to even laugh. A sneeze felt like a knife puncture. Even driving over any little bump was murder. He should definitely rest and heal up.
So you’re saying there’s a chance?

jking, I’ve had bruised ribs and it f***ing sucks. Coughing , deep breaths was all a nightmare. I cant begin to think of the pain of it fractured. Rest up, shesty !

Reactions: nyrage

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Lots of people tend to drive recklessly on Ocean Ave.
Yea, they've added a bunch of speed cameras along it for that reason. This is why I argue until I'm blue in the face that the speed cameras and red light cameras are fine. You can go 9 mph over the limit without triggering the speed camera and I have 0 empathy for your ticket of doing 40 in a 25 mph zone. Learn to watch your speedometer if it's an issue for you. Every single person from the area bitches about them, how dare the govt intrude on my reckless driving style.

/rant

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
How does one break a rib if seatbelt on and air bags deploy? Would it be the Seatbelt that caused it? The Airbags?

Reactions: egelband

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
So they were driving South through Russian mafia territory?

This can only mean one thing.

American Buch was showing Igor his old stomping grounds on the way to introduce him to his new American family in Lancaster, PA, the Amish mafia.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Thanks. What's the typical treatment--time, physical therapy, and pain killers?
Rest. I cracked a rib once running at top speed, tripping and hitting the payment hard. Just needs time to heal. Might take a month or more. It's not a big deal. It's more or less just a slight fracture. There's no way he can play through it though. Too much movement in net.

Reactions: bernmeister

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
hqdefault.jpg

Who Igor and Buch hang around according to people in this thread
That's ridiculous. Honestly, where else would young Russians go in NY who aren't totally acclimated? How many Russian neighborhoods are there in NY where they can get a taste of home?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad