Per JD Igor and Buch injured in car accident

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Another thing to remember is modern cars, especially nice ones, are designed to crumple in an accident. The front in particular. A semi minor accident in a nice Mercedes can definitely look a lot worse due to that

Was thinking the same thing. That looks to me like the car did exactly what it was supposed to do. Have the part of it outside the cabin crumple and absorb as much of the impact as possible so the cabin can stay intact.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Also is the speed limit really 25 mph there? It's not obvious when looking at Google street view. How is it enforced in NY? On the photos dating from june 2019 there seems to be no sign saying 25 mph.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Also is the speed limit really 25 mph there? It's not obvious when looking at Google street view. How is it enforced in NY? On the photos dating from june 2019 there seems to be no sign saying 25 mph.
Unless stated otherwise it’s assumed to be 25 mph in NYC. There are signs fairly often down Ocean Avenue showing 25 mph, there are also speed cameras occasionally as well that trigger at 35 mph

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

Yeah it’s 25 mph everywhere unless stated otherwise.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Did they have a dash cam maybe? I know that's a big thing in Russia and Eastern Europe.
Possibly, though I'd doubt that a 24 yo in NYC on a Panamera would bother to.)
Also I think the adoption of dashcams rises in the Western Europe as well - eg most (all?) London cabbies seem to be equipped with one.

Reactions: nyr2k2

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rest. I cracked a rib once running at top speed, tripping and hitting the payment hard. Just needs time to heal. Might take a month or more. It's not a big deal. It's more or less just a slight fracture. There's no way he can play through it though. Too much movement in net.

This^.
Shesty needs to be full shut down.
Possibly limited/controlled stretching while healing.

Once adequately healed, monitored full stretching.
Then eased back into it.

Let the chips fall where they may.
Stop w/DiGuiseppe foolishness, bring Kravtsov up
give Hajek mins over Staal, Smith

If it helps w/our draft later, great.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Possibly, though I'd doubt that a 24 yo in NYC on a Panamera would bother to.)
Also I think the adoption of dashcams rises in the Western Europe as well - eg most (all?) London cabbies seem to be equipped with one.
Yeah, I only asked because Bread said he saw footage of the accident. I don't know how else he'd see it.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
agreed, i think they were probably going north of 25 mph.

all signs point to the red honda doing an illegal you-ee and the ensuing damage was from avoiding the honda by turning right away from traffic and slamming into the back of the parked jeep.

i drive an audi SQ5 and like all high end german cars, its overbuilt and very safe in a crash.

those 2 are lucky in many ways.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Another thing to remember is modern cars, especially nice ones, are designed to crumple in an accident. The front in particular. A semi minor accident in a nice Mercedes can definitely look a lot worse due to that
My dad drives a Honda from the 80’s and tries telling me it’s way safer than the cars of today because it’s made of heavy metal :laugh:

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
YES. Georgiev tonight. Hoepfully Shesterkin against the Devils.

Need 3 points out of those 2 games, minimum - if they want to stay in this race

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Day to day? Are they sure that is wise? With losses in three straight it's going to be tougher to make the playoffs. What's the point in having him play any games and risking reinjury? It would make more sense holding him out the rest of the season, give him the whole offseason, and then he'll be good to go come October.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Day to day? Are they sure that is wise? With losses in three straight it's going to be tougher to make the playoffs. What's the point in having him play any games and risking reinjury? It would make more sense holding him out the rest of the season, give him the whole offseason, and then he'll be good to go come October.
I confess, I share this worry, as well.

But I'm no doctor, so I'll (try to) trust to the professionals.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad