Per JD Igor and Buch injured in car accident

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Some European countries are talking about making dash cams mandatory on new cars. It's not a bad idea
Between doorbell cams, dashcams, smart phones, police cams on street corners....every single thing is now going to be recorded and potentially used against you. It stays private until it doesn't. You can only pick your nose in the privacy of your bedroom....unless you have Nanny cams that is

Reactions: tlk

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Day to day? Are they sure that is wise? With losses in three straight it's going to be tougher to make the playoffs. What's the point in having him play any games and risking reinjury? It would make more sense holding him out the rest of the season, give him the whole offseason, and then he'll be good to go come October.
Im sure they know more details and have a better handle on this than us. I have literally zero concern about them rushing him.

Reactions: egelband

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Between doorbell cams, dashcams, smart phones, police cams on street corners....every single thing is now going to be recorded and potentially used against you. It stays private until it doesn't. You can only pick your nose in the privacy of your bedroom....unless you have Nanny cams that is
Everyone has been talking and getting nervous about facial recognition for 20 years now, but reality was the technology didn't really exist yet. But it does now, a company called Clearview AI has a database with tens of millions of faces and can pick out absolutely anybody from a crowd even with a disguise. They are facing backlash because they scraped everyone's facebook and linked-In pictures but long story short the AI technology can match anyone to a known picture with extreme accuracy.

Jim Dolan bought a license last year and installed it at MSG. Basically if you are banned from the Garden, they will spot you almost every time you try to get back in and arrest you for trespassing.

Reactions: romba

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Everyone has been talking and getting nervous about facial recognition for 20 years now, but reality was the technology didn't really exist yet. But it does now, a company called Clearview AI has a database with tens of millions of faces and can pick out absolutely anybody from a crowd even with a disguise. They are facing backlash because they scraped everyone's facebook and linked-In pictures but long story short the AI technology can match anyone to a known picture with extreme accuracy.

Jim Dolan bought a license last year and installed it at MSG. Basically if you are banned from the Garden, they will spot you almost every time you try to get back in and arrest you for trespassing.
Was this the company that said 'dw folks!!! we're ONLY working with law enforcement, promise!' as they were actively taking bids from private companies for their tech? Facial recognition is the final nail in this coffin. If you appear on a certain street corner too often that's red listed for example, they'll track you down and start following you and looking at your activities with 0 evidence for it, then when they find nothing they were expecting they'll stick some other BS on you to get you in. We're approaching Minority Report levels here and sheeple are like 'just don't touch my phone or apps! everything else is fair game'. Mic, camera, location, all that is signed off with most apps when they don't need it at all, really they do it for just in case they ever want to sell your info and data in the future, which they will when they see what companies are paying for it. ppl just don't care anymore.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Some European countries are talking about making dash cams mandatory on new cars. It's not a bad idea
Yeah it definitely makes sense. I would think the insurance companies would want this, too. Less uncertainty in crashes. I remember a guy I went to school with was from Ukraine, and he said that so many people in Ukraine and Russia has the dashcams because of people intentionally getting into accidents and lots of insurance fraud.

Reactions: egelband

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Yeah it definitely makes sense. I would think the insurance companies would want this, too. Less uncertainty in crashes. I remember a guy I went to school with was from Ukraine, and he said that so many people in Ukraine and Russia has the dashcams because of people intentionally getting into accidents and lots of insurance fraud.
Yea, it's a real issue. Not a planned case like your example above, but my dad got into an accident 20 yrs ago. Immediately after, the other (uninsured) driver (who was supposedly deathly injured 2 days later) managed to quickly switch seats inside the car with the (insured) passenger. My father's insurance company believed him, but they settled anyway due to no interest in an extended court fight. You feel helpless, it's just your word against theirs.

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Was this the company that said 'dw folks!!! we're ONLY working with law enforcement, promise!' as they were actively taking bids from private companies for their tech? Facial recognition is the final nail in this coffin. If you appear on a certain street corner too often that's red listed for example, they'll track you down and start following you and looking at your activities with 0 evidence for it, then when they find nothing they were expecting they'll stick some other BS on you to get you in. We're approaching Minority Report levels here and sheeple are like 'just don't touch my phone or apps! everything else is fair game'. Mic, camera, location, all that is signed off with most apps when they don't need it at all, really they do it for just in case they ever want to sell your info and data in the future, which they will when they see what companies are paying for it. ppl just don't care anymore.

You're gonna love "geofence warrants”
Google tracked his bike ride past a burglarized home. That made him a suspect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad