Per JD Igor and Buch injured in car accident

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Assuming that pic is real, my guess as to what happened is the car that made the u-turn didn’t see the car well because its pitch black and misjudged being able to make the u-turn, thinking he had more space than he actually had. Shesty veers to the right to try and avoid the car, as veering left puts him into oncoming traffic. They both collide and drag to the corner of the street. It also explains why Shesty got hurt but Buch didn’t, as veering to the right puts Shesty’s side of the car out in front and in the most harm’s way.

Based on how the cars look, they’re very fortunate to have made it out with just that injury to Shesty. And it shows how fragile life is and how everything can change in a split second. Anyone who has had a loved one get seriously injured or worse in a car accident knows the feeling all too well.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
How long has Igor been in town? To me, he has no business driving in NYC being a newbie.

I've driven in New York every time I visit. I don't see the problem.

Fair enough but then why not Buchnevich?

Just found it odd a newcomer to the country is allowed to drive in some of the most densely populated areas in a foreign Country

Maybe Buchnevich doesn't have a driver's license? Maybe he wasn't feeling well? Maybe it's Igor's car? Who knows what the reason is. But to assume that it's a bad decision for a newcomer to drive is a bit odd to me.

Do we even know that the car accident was their fault? And even if it was, car accidents are caused by experienced drivers all the time.

Last edited:

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
They will probably put him on IR/LTIR retroactively once they re-assess him in a few weeks and have a clearer timetable.

Yes, it does suck for fantasy sometimes.

They will only put him on IR if they need the extra roster spot and considering I can remember the last time we had 21 skaters that’s unlikely. LTIR is meaningless cause we aren’t against the cap

Reactions: GAGLine

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Whoa, that looks terrible! Wonder if the red car in the upper right was involved in the accident also? It looks pretty banged up w/deployed airbags.
Thank God they were wearing their seatbelts, this could have ended so much worse.
Another thing to remember is modern cars, especially nice ones, are designed to crumple in an accident. The front in particular. A semi minor accident in a nice Mercedes can definitely look a lot worse due to that

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Glad all involved are okay. Looked scary. I'm glad they're responsible about seatbelts and all that.

I'm not of the opinion that people new to the city shouldn't drive, because you have to eventually. You just need to be confident--the biggest problems I tend to see are with people that are nervous and indecisive. It's a huge problem in DC. In NY most people drive confidently, even if it's aggressive or even dangerous. You just need to acknowledge that and drive confidently yourself and be an equal mix of defensive and firm in holding your ground, and you're fine.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I've driven in New York every time I visit. I don't see the problem.

Maybe Buchnevich doesn't have a driver's license? Maybe he wasn't feeling well? Maybe it's Igor's car? Who knows what the reason is. But to assume that it's a bad decision for a newcomer to drive is a bit odd to me.

Do we even know that the car accident was their fault? And even if it was, car accidents are caused by experienced drivers all the time.
That's because you're a world traveler and a Renaissance man.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That's because you're a world traveler and a Renaissance man.

Eh, if anything I feel people new to an area are more cautious when driving compared to people who live there. But I still don't know if Shestyorkin caused the accident. This debate makes no sense to me. If he has a driver's license, and a car, and wants to drive, I really do not see the problem.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Eh, if anything I feel people new to an area are more cautious when driving compared to people who live there. But I still don't know if Shestyorkin caused the accident. This debate makes no sense to me. If he has a driver's license, and a car, and wants to drive, I really do not see the problem.

Per all the reports I've seen, Shesterkin did not cause the accident

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
None of the cars in that picture looks like a Porsche. The black car that drove into the SUV is a sedan. Porsche doesn't make sedans.

What gives?

Last edited:

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
It's a new Panamera. Can tell by the wheels

Good catch! The angle was weird, made it look like a sedan but yes, you are correct. The wheels are definetly Panamera.

porsche-model.png

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
So, this will sound crazy to some of you Americans. A decent amount of Russians think seat belts are for p***yes and don't wear them. Actually, I'm being unfair, it used to be that way, I don't think it is as much now. But I personally have a good friend that never wears a seat belt. The car will beep till the cows come home and he won't wear it. Thank God these guys have common sense.
It's the same with car seats and the little ones. It's an immigrant thing I think, not only Russians. Less stringent rules in other countries, usually for the worse. When you grow up with a certain mentality imparted by parents 'it was fine for me as a kid, it'll be fine for you too' (it's fine until you actually need it in an accident like this) it's tough to shake it off.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

Did he have insurance, though? That missing from your list.

All joking aside, yeah, we don't know. As I said previously, I grew up blocks from where the incident occurred and know the roads well. The roads encourage dumb things like illegal U-turns.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006

2penn

Feb 27, 2020
I live a block away. There are russian restaurants on Emmons Ave (which is the direction they were driving in), and at night there is constant racing on that stretch of the road, despite speed limit of 25mph. Two 24year olds driving in a porsche - i suspect they were going way over 25mph. The debris left from the crash looked pretty bad. No way there would be that much damage if they were driving close to the speed limit. I have no tolerance for reckless driving. It also happened right in front of a pediatric clinic, and during the day there are always parents with strollers on the sidewalk. Really lucky no one got seriously hurt. If they were speeding, they should take as much responsibility for the crash as the guy making a u-turn. But so far everyone portrays them as victims.

Reactions: egelband

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I still remember/feel the gross gunpowder/burning smell from the airbags deploying, and that was like 15 years ago. It stays with you. And that was an accident that no one got hurt from thankfully.

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
I have a Panamera it’s legit built like a tank - it’s like stupid heavy and gets no MPG

hopefully buch comes back pronto - we don’t have anyone to fill that slot

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
I live a block away. There are russian restaurants on Emmons Ave (which is the direction they were driving in), and at night there is constant racing on that stretch of the road, despite speed limit of 25mph. Two 24year olds driving in a porsche - i suspect they were going way over 25mph. The debris left from the crash looked pretty bad. No way there would be that much damage if they were driving close to the speed limit. I have no tolerance for reckless driving. It also happened right in front of a pediatric clinic, and during the day there are always parents with strollers on the sidewalk. Really lucky no one got seriously hurt. If they were speeding, they should take as much responsibility for the crash as the guy making a u-turn. But so far everyone portrays them as victims.

As soon as they hit their brakes hard there is rubber transfer to the road. Police would be able to determine rate of speed the car was going and if they were speeding then it would have contributed to the accident. As a result, they would have been cited.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad