Confirmed with Link: Per Friedman, Leafs and Zaitsev have agreed to move on, will find trade for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
That doesn't make him a Babcock casualty. He was relied upon to be a shutdown guy because we have much better offensive options. Yeah I'm sure he'd want more offensive time and when he was signed they hoped he'd be a top pairing guy with Rielly but that pair didn't work out. It's more of a casualty of the old management group. Babcock trusted the guy more than anybody on these boards.

And that’s been a problem

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I’m guessing they already have the framework of a deal in place or this wouldn’t be Hope I guess right now. Altho ugh his NTC kicks in before long ( modified)

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Zaitsev, Johnsson for Larsson, Kassian

2nd 2020, 3rd 2019, Connor Brown for Colin Miller

Rielly - - Larsson
Muzzin - - Miller
Rosen - Dermott

Very Respectable D-Core

Zaitsev was better this year than Larsson.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Sandin I can believe. Liljegren is a surprise. I guess they want his offense to develop on the Marlies. With Rasanen in Europe next year, I guess that is reasonable.

That probably means Hainsey is back, which would be fine if he's on the bottom pairing or maybe gets some brief stints in the top 4 with Dermott's injury.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Regarding Sandin and Liljegren, I heard the same thing as Bob during the Marlies playoff run. Rosen is penciled in to the everyday lineup though.

Rielly, Muzzin, Rosen and Dermott are in, the other spots are TBD. And then there's the complication of Travis being unlikely to go until end of November.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Sandin I can believe. Liljegren is a surprise. I guess they want his offense to develop on the Marlies. With Rasanen in Europe next year, I guess that is reasonable.

That probably means Hainsey is back, which would be fine if he's on the bottom pairing or maybe gets some brief stints in the top 4 with Dermott's injury.

If Hainsey is back, it's hard to imagine him anywhere other than riding with Rielly.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Interesting to me that this organization can no longer do anything without having it out in the media.

Zaitsev trade is out there now which will hurt his trade value.

GM talked openly about the nylander progress which led to difficulties getting the deal done.

Marner deal has turned into a circus.

The previous GM did a much better job of keeping everything internal. Wonder if it's a deal where agents and players don't respect the young GM.

Ain’t it interesting...

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Interesting to me that this organization can no longer do anything without having it out in the media.

GM talked openly about the nylander progress which led to difficulties getting the deal done.

The previous GM did a much better job of keeping everything internal. Wonder if it's a deal where agents and players don't respect the young GM.

Didnt Dubas tell the media himself at a media availability at the combine?

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto

How is Dubas supposed to control what others are choosing to leak?

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Zaitsev, Johnsson for Larsson, Kassian

2nd 2020, 3rd 2019, Connor Brown for Colin Miller

Rielly - - Larsson
Muzzin - - Miller
Rosen - Dermott

Very Respectable D-Core
Thanks but no thanks to Kassian. For some weird reason, people still think Kassian's a "tough guy" that can "play", but he's not; he makes Kadri look intelligent in terms of picking when and where to break the rules, and he's a loudmouthed degenerate. He's not "tough", unless you consider guys like Matt Cooke and Brad Marchand tough.

I hope we do, he is a good top 4 dman and we're not exactly overburdened with talent in that area, how much will the contract cost is what concerns me

If they bring Gardiner back, I'm going to have to conclude that the management doesn't ever want to win anything. Who, if looking to win, would intentionally place a glaring and obvious weakness for other teams to take advantage of in their lineup?

Northofyu

Nov 12, 2018
Yeah gonna be hard to get mkt value for Z now, big test for Dubas.

& I agree they're prob gonna have to bring back Hainsey - & also you don't want to rush the kids.

Maybe he can bring back veteran Leaf alums for Babs, Polak & Schenn for right side D? :laugh:

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
So we've had a lot of fans screaming for Brett Pesce and our overpaying GM scouting him apparently and now we're going to push a more talented Brett Pesce out the door. Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad