Confirmed with Link: Per Friedman, Leafs and Zaitsev have agreed to move on, will find trade for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I'm thinking Dubas has a trade lined up to add a top 4 RD as if the leafs trade Z they dont have any natural RD who isnt a rookie.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Woah! I didn't expect this!

I honestly think Zaitsev is a valuable asset. I really hope we don't have to treat any Zaitsev trade like a cap dump.

Will also be interesting to see how things play out as we may not have a Russian Translator for Mikheyev or Korshkov. Maybe Timashov will have an inside scoop at a 4th line role?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
One thought I had is just with the wording is it sounds like Zaitsev wants to move on. If nothing comes of this, is he willing to terminate the deal and return to the KHL where he can get $3-4.5M USD in a tax free environment?

Voynov left so he'd immediately become the best defenseman over there.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Really, I didn't see that. Interesting, I wonder which defender they are targeting

He said the Leafs were trying to put together a big move for a top 4D after the Muzzin deal. Sounds like nothing really materialized.

He also said they were trying to get Benning from Edmonton.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Why get rid of the rel gud pros?

I’d be sad to see ‘ol pocket ducks go... jersey fluttering while he floats around the ice. Making plays, saving days.

Sad day in Toronto sports, that’s for sure.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I'd be fine with him terminating his contract. Use the cap space saved by his deal and spend on stralman and then make a deal for Miller.

I wouldn't mind targeting Myers either if he'd sign a bit of a discount.

We're going to also need to fill the PK void that Zaitsev and possibly Hainsey will leave behind.

Reactions: kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad