Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Sabres| Shoot out loss | Defense? We dont need to play defense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
+got a point when we went down 3 times.

-we got fleeced. Absolutely reamed in this trade. We got Rakell, a 3rd liner, but gave them a top line wing in Simon. Not too mention the other pieces. Real short sighted by our front office.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
It's PC way of saying he was good last night and horrible today
Actually, I think Sullivan was saying that it was one thing to play well on adrenaline last night, but to play another game so quickly is even tougher and that Rakell played well despite that challenge.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Sort of off-topic but I'd kill to have Tuch and Thompson on this team. Big dudes who can skate like the wind, create on their own, and chip in offensively? A dream.

Reactions: Andy99

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Buffalo is getting pretty good pretty fast.

One of the players who looked good today was Rust. Who coincidentally could get paid by Buffalo pretty dang soon.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Buffalo is getting pretty good pretty fast.

One of the players who looked good today was Rust. Who coincidentally could get paid by Buffalo pretty dang soon.
Buffalo looks good when they're woefully out of it, I don't respect that whatsoever. They'll suck next year also but then play well when nothing is on the line, they're trash!

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This month Buffalo has beaten us, Toronto x2, Calgary, Van, Min, and Vegas. They’ve had a good month. 7-3 with losses to Fla, LA, EDM. They’re not feeding off bottom feeders
But they have nothing to lose, they're trash ok. When it matters they suck, that's what counts, not now. They'll never amount to anything, they're losers. Don't sugarcoat it.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Sabres beat up on the 2hd oldest team in the league playing on B2B nights and had to travel, yeah they're bad asses! How many fans were there? Maybe six thousand? lol They'll never win anything, and they don't deserve to. They shouldn't even be in the f***in league. No championships, heck even Eichel couldn't stand that god forasken place.

Last edited:

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Coming into this game I expected a half assed effort and that's what we got. The sabres in turn played playoff hockey. Penguins will respond Friday with a better effort

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+ 3/4 points really ain't bad. Good stuff.
+ The TR moment was awesome for Letang's goal. Drawing it up and seeing a result is so dope. He was like a kid on Christmas morning on the bench. Loved that moment.
+ I think Kappy has been playing better. Rak-City showed how dynamic he can be! I liked it.

- Pretty meh performance. Not the best work all around. Defensively we are the hottest mess. I don't get it. Pets/Dumo were brutal. So many point blank chances. That d-zone coverage is just BAD.

Reactions: StaalForOne

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Rakell didn't produce points but he prevented goals against. It's the same impact level, just less sexy. Saved us on the goal line and saved us on the backdoor in the 1st.
Thanks to him we got something out of this game.

I am really encouraged by his play away from the puck and his stick skills. His tenacity on loose pucks and how he hounds guys.
I could really see him working with both Sid and Geno. He's intelligent and will adapt. He'll be good for possession and chance generation.

They were tracking who was skating hardest in this game. He was #1 of all 36 skaters. Busting his ass out there.

Just an unfortunate situation with a rushed arrival and no rest between games. But I'm looking forward to what he can do in the playoffs with the right linemates.
We saw his skillset in OT. His hands are legit.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Crazy how Colorado could possibly lose a game at home to Vancouver. 3-1. For shame!
And Toronto needing two shorties at home against the Devils to scrape a 3-2 win, when their opponent had an emotional win last night? Pathetic.

Of course Sully says winning in this league is hard. f*** him. What would he know?

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
He’d be more fun if he could put the puck in the net, which is what he’s here for lol
65EtP8B.png

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad