Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Sabres| Shoot out loss | Defense? We dont need to play defense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
It's a shame when our top players are flying and the rest who should be carrying the load this time of year for our vets are floating.

I can't help but point the finger at Sully for that; a real coach would be smashing sticks between periods and damn sure make drastic changes the next game.

boingo

Also, that crowd was a soul sucking life force.......still blame sully

Reactions: spcastlemagic

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Team doesn't have legs.

Rakell looked great, but catching PIT finishing woes.
Brutal games by Marino and 4th line. Big Z wasted on 4th line.

Only had 5 players over 50% xGF. 4th line literally had 0 shots, and 0xGF%.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Very poor defense in this game and DeSmith had a bad game... but He prob should be in the AHL..I don't know.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Meh as usual when we aren’t skating hard we lose… we have to play fast and sharp… this team played like a team assured of a playoff spot that isn’t going to catch the division lead and knew it was playing a scrub team in a back to back

Tge older guys like Carter and Boyle looked like hot monkey poo flung on the ice most of the time… CDS showed he is a bottom tier backup when the team isn’t skating hard in front of him yet again

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Heinen would be Simon if he was possession monster who made good passes….missing Simon and ZAR already

Lol good one. I will sleep good knowing that Simon and ZAR are still on the west coast. I miss neither and wont anytime soon.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
How many games where Crosby, Malkin, and Letang all score a goal... and the Pens lose? If I had to bet it's probably the first one....

Lack of secondary scoring will be our first round exit.
Or our goaltending not outplaying the opposing goalie

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Almost wish we had some sort of threat or competition to be unseeded going into the playoffs.

One fear would be having a playoff spot locked up for 3 months and guys coasting into the playoffs.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Our D suffered greatly tonight. None more than Marino and Matheson. Thompson, Tuck and some hungry young Sabres just handled them on the boards.

First really bad game from our 4th line for a long time.

Yay for our special teams I guess. And taking a point when we trailed 3 times and looked poor for the majority.

Reactions: Andy99 and reino
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad