Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Sabres | loss | we didn’t get tased, we got trampled

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Yeah, suicide for the coach to do that lol as our top players score 95% if the goals…he’s not…he needs to change the system…players are too comfortable in it and it really hasn’t been effective lately…if he has their respect at all, that works too…if not, he’ll rightly be fired
Just change the system!

Easy peasy.

BTW, Sid, Geno, Jake and Rust do not score 95% of our goals.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Just change the system!

Easy peasy.

BTW, Sid, Geno, Jake and Rust do not score 95% of our goals.

No one said it was easy. It takes awhile to adjust and implement a new system. but starting at game 12 is better than game 60. The fact is he can do something. He doesnt have to throw up his hands and say whelp nothing I can do.

Saying noone can do anything is just another way of saying its the players fault and might as well just pack it in.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
No one said it was easy. It takes awhile to adjust and implement a new system. but starting at game 12 is better than game 60. The fact is he can do something. He doesnt have to throw up his hands and say whelp nothing I can do

The systematic changes would be the PP, PK, and not playing like P....kittens when you have a lead.

I guess he could try. Fire Rierden and Vellucci first. The PK has been a fraud for a year now.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
The systematic changes would be the PP, PK, and not playing like P....kittens when you have a lead.

I guess he could try. Fire Rierden and Vellucci first. The PK has been a fraud for a year now.

Thats all I want lol.

The most frustrating thing about this team is that they throw the same thing out constantly expecting different results. At least try something new.

if you are gona suck at least making it entertaining. I dont want reruns I want new trash TV

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
There is so much more bad than good right now.

Good: Geno not what he was (old) but comporting himself well. His linemates too. ZMRaks is our best line.
GCR can still score.
Some depth guys are decent. Heinen for instance.
Petts is good now. Poehling and POJ are interesting prospects still.

Bad: GCR a defensive atrocity. No effort. No faith in their ability to preserve leads. Total controller disconnect when the other team has the puck, starting with #87. Shameful defensive effort game after game.
Letang a mess, Petry the same, Dumo needs to GTFO. Special teams are also terrible and I think this team has a fear factor of playing the game not at 5-on-5 now. Goaltending mediocre now.

It's hard to overcome when your top line isn't trustworthy, your top 3 D are bad or worse, and your special teams is in the 20s. Maybe Blueger will be PK Jesus.

Would love to be proven wrong but I think this is just a bad team.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
There is so much more bad than good right now.

Good: Geno not what he was (old) but comporting himself well. His linemates too. ZMRaks is our best line.
GCR can still score.
Some depth guys are decent. Heinen for instance.
Petts is good now. Poehling and POJ are interesting prospects still.

Bad: GCR a defensive atrocity. No effort. No faith in their ability to preserve leads. Total controller disconnect when the other team has the puck, starting with #87. Shameful defensive effort game after game.
Letang a mess, Petry the same, Dumo needs to GTFO. Special teams are also terrible and I think this team has a fear factor of playing the game not at 5-on-5 now. Goaltending mediocre now.

It's hard to overcome when your top line isn't trustworthy, your top 3 D are bad or worse, and your special teams is in the 20s. Maybe Blueger will be PK Jesus.

Would love to be proven wrong but I think this is just a bad team.

When everything is bad you gotta start looking at the staff. Especially when you see pieces like Marino turning it around with another franchise offensively.

Pretty obvious at this point Sullivan keys in on what he thinks you are and there is no change. See McCann, Marino, Oleksiak, etc. can’t wait to see Blueger round into a 20-20 guy on another team.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
When everything is bad you gotta start looking at the staff. Especially when you see pieces like Marino turning it around with another franchise offensively.

Pretty obvious at this point Sullivan keys in on what he thinks you are and there is no change. See McCann, Marino, Oleksiak, etc. can’t wait to see Blueger round into a 20-20 guy on another team.
John Marino has the same number of goals and assists through 10 games with New Jersey as he had through 10 games with the Penguins last year.

Seriously.

I'd be careful before claiming he's turned it around. He didn't disappear offensively last year until the second half of the season.

reino

Jul 20, 2019
Hextall is the guy who completely destroyed Flyers now he's doing this to Pens also. Trading Marino should lead immediate firing. Absolutely joke

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The core is 100% due some criticism. But where is the Sully criticism outside of this board. Sully is well overdue for his share of criticism. Sully is overdue for his criticism. Not once has he really been criticised for the playoff loses. The core has been criticized for each one, especially Malkin. Malkin is criticized at every turn. Sully needs to start getting his share as well.
What about Hextall? He’s been complete crap since day one. At least Sully was good 5 years ago. This board praises this idiot Hextall.

How does such an elite ownership group retain Ron Hextall?

The biggest issue is that firing Hextall does nothing for the team in the short term. That won’t wake up the team unless the new gm makes immediate trades. No GM will be able to fix his mistakes - you aren’t moving clowns like McGinn, Kap or Petry, for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darren McCord

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
As a coach.
John Marino has the same number of goals and assists through 10 games with New Jersey as he had through 10 games with the Penguins last year.

Seriously.

I'd be careful before claiming he's turned it around. He didn't disappear offensively last year until the second half of the season.
Did you see Marino's GW assist tonight in the comeback against EDM? It was sick.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What about Hextall? He’s been complete crap since day one. At least Sully was good 5 years ago. This board praises this idiot Hextall.

How does such an elite ownership group retain Ron Hextall?
Shut up.

Hextall has done nothing to hurt this team as much as JR has and he’s been trying to fix what he can for what he inherited. He hasn’t made some massive deals, sure, but the bigger problem is Sullivan who had two GMs cater to his type and he’s f***ed it for 6 straight seasons now.

Did you see Marino's GW assist tonight in the comeback against EDM? It was sick.
Marino has been playing well for the devils. But he might just be happier away from a garbage system as well and that might be the biggest boost.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Shut up.

Hextall has done nothing to hurt this team as much as JR has and he’s been trying to fix what he can for what he inherited. He hasn’t made some massive deals, sure, but the bigger problem is Sullivan who had two GMs cater to his type and he’s f***ed it for 6 straight seasons now.
Still blaming JR, eh?

Sullivan is trash too, but people like you conveniently give Hextall a free pass. Who extended Carter? Who signed Kap and McGinn? Who has refused to upgrade our goaltending? Who donated young guys like McCann, Matheson and Marino to keep idiots like Carter around or to acquire another 35 year old player in bone head Petry? Who rolls over for Sullivan by signing complete turd players every summer to block young players?

Listen to yourself - you are defending a guy for not being AS BAD as the prior GM. Why can’t we have a GM that is competent? Why is that so hard? This team hasn’t had a competent GM since JR was making shrewd moves before the back to back cups.

Dumb and dumber - Sleepy and Sully, ran this team into the ground.

Last edited:
Reactions: wgknestrick

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Please keep losing so we can fire Sullivan and make a roster-changing trade

Actually, who tf am i kidding. Everyone has a damn NMC

I wonder what kind of return we could get for Jarry.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Every other coach sees the pens and probably wonders why Dumoulin is on the top pair and why a 35yr old Letang is playing so much still after getting Petry.

There is no way Dumoulin should be averaging as many minutes as he has. He should be playing the minutes between Pettersson and POJ.
It's more Rutta than Petry. Petry is playing as many minutes as Marino did, but Rutta has been one their best, most consistent players and Sullivan is treating him like he's Ruhwedel.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Please keep losing so we can fire Sullivan and make a roster-changing trade

Actually, who tf am i kidding. Everyone has a damn NMC

I wonder what kind of return we could get for Jarry.
Do you really want sleepy Ron to make another trade? He did enough damage this summer. Hextall needs to go just as badly as Sullivan.

Reactions: Zbynek and PaulD

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Do you really want sleepy Ron to make another trade? He did enough damage this summer. Hextall needs to go just as badly as Sullivan.
I know what you mean, but the more I think of it I feel like we could get some value out of Jarry trading him now. If Hextall can actually get a return on that value, that's a different story.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hextall’s bed, I mean chair, must be on fire right now. Is there another gm that is on the hot seat more than him?

FSG wasn’t impressed by him when they first bought the team, and now they lost 6 straight. His moves this summer have were trash.

I hope this nightmare ends soon with him as our gm. Let him go poorly “build” a team for the next 15 years elsewhere.

This will be his last GM job in the league. I’m sure LA would bring him back as an advisor or even another team as an AGM, but the dude isn’t cut out for a head GM position.

Hiring Ron Hextall and refusing to sack Sully were devastating decisions that cost this team dearly.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LOGiK

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017

Seriously.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Hextall’s bed, I mean chair, must be on fire right now. Is there another gm that is on the hot seat more than him?

FSG wasn’t impressed by him when they first bought the team, and now they lost 6 straight. His moves this summer have were trash.

I hope this nightmare ends soon with him as our gm. Let him go poorly “build” a team for the next 15 years elsewhere.

This will be his last GM job in the league. I’m sure LA would bring him back as an advisor or even another team as an AGM, but the dude isn’t cut out for a head GM position.

Hiring Ron Hextall and refusing to sack Sully were devastating decisions that cost this team dearly.
It's funny isn't it?
I wouldn't want to be a gm... I'd never get a wink of sleep with all the constant worrying. No way no how...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad