Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Rangers |Win| Afternoon stroll down memory lane

I.....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Malkin's line had a 9-2 edge in shot attempts and 6-1 edge in scoring changes against opposing lines.

It was the best line the Pens had today at 5-on-5.

It was and even though Kap didn't have any points he made some solid plays setting up some nice chances. Heinen had some solid scoring opportunities as well just couldn't bury it. I'm rooting for something on L2

Reactions: Still Apps

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
"I'm rooting for something on L2" isn't a strategy. Kapanen needs to go, and I'd love to move Rust down. It won't happen. Get ready for GCR round 4.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It was and even though Kap didn't have any points he made some solid plays setting up some nice chances. Heinen had some solid scoring opportunities as well just couldn't bury it. I'm rooting for something on L2

I'm rooting for Hextall to fix L2 externally.

The answer is not in that locker room.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Malkin needs to get his but into the games and make the kind of effort this team needs. He stunk the first period and maybe Sully told him to pick it up. Hopefully he did and meant it. No question Pens lose without Jarry here. He was the difference.

If Sullivan ever says that to Malkin I hope he just walks out of the arena mid-game and quits the team a la AB.

The sheer audacity that would take after the dogshit linemates Sullivan saddles him with night in and night out.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I'm rooting for Hextall to fix L2 externally.

The answer is not in that locker room.

Eh, I wouldnt expect much until off-season. Not much we can do. Zucker coming back can help but yes moving 3rd line players up to top 6 isn't ideal but its all we have. Still stand by that Ill root for something good to come from it, because it kind of has to

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Eh, I wouldnt expect much until off-season. Not much we can do. Zucker coming back can help but yes moving 3rd line players up to top 6 isn't ideal but its all we have. Still stand by that Ill root for something good to come from it, because it kind of has to

In a "throw a penny in the wishing well" type of way, I suppose.

Pens management will have a 4th consecutive lengthy off-season to consider their options if they don't - at the very least - add a good scoring winger.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
+Jarry
-Free agents signed by Sleepy providing any sort of offense
+defense
+none of our smurfs got hurt against the Rags

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I don't think Geno's like, sulking or taking it easy or anything. I just think he's a 35+ year old who has been beat to shit his entire career, is coming off of an injury that'd have him walking with a cane like a decade ago, and the depth we can provide him is... Uh, not very good at all. :laugh:
you nailed it. geno is scoring on the pp because he doesn't need his top end skating and he has better line mates. when he is on his own line he is still not up to speed but he is getting better, and he is lacking skill/fit on his wings.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Malkin needs to get his but into the games and make the kind of effort this team needs. He stunk the first period and maybe Sully told him to pick it up. Hopefully he did and meant it. No question Pens lose without Jarry here. He was the difference.
The whole team was shit in the first and he ended up with some great shifts with his line later on.

what a weird post

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
Geno looked great. Wtf are people talking about, lol. He was the Pens best player in the game besides Jarry.

Big minus to ESPN's broadcast. That overhead angle was horrendous and for some reason they didn't have the 2 min timer on the screen during power plays. Made me want to pull my hair out.

Reactions: reino and Rave7215

Still Apps

The New Gig
Jan 10, 2012
Home
Our 3rd D pair has been good all year. Friedman being in for Matheson didn't change that. Great game by Jarry, just wish the rest of the team would start playing when he does so he doesn't have to perform solo for the first 10 minutes of games.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Malkin is simply to bad when he is bad. He is lazy at times and I don't give a rats a** about his picking his shots. He needs to play with effort at his age. The Pens simply are not good enough here and they need effort to win. Jarry saved their but far to many times in slow starts and that has to change.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They won this game because Jarry came up big after letting in 5 goals in the last game…. Geno with a lone goal in three of the last four games. Two of the three came on the power play…..Is it overreacting to say that the team needs help in the scoring department given that fact? It's eerily reminiscent of last year's team… this team suddenly cannot score again, this has been a common trend over the last few years…..why would anyone remain optimistic? It's basically the same team each year, maybe not the exact same personnel each year, but the same style and result…honestly, I’m even more on the fire Sully train after this game than I was in August and November lol…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad