Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Rangers |Win| Afternoon stroll down memory lane

I.....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I've tried to find the word lately in your initial post I responded to. Can you point it out to me?

The first post was more about "starting on time". The second post, in response to your post, I used the word lately to clarify I wasn't referring to this entire season's body of work.

In any case, you're once against disagreeing with a minute part of a post for the sake of being someone who has to disagree when I'm assuming you agree with the overall point that it's not good if the Pens keep taking the first period off in games and relying on having to come back to win.

I swear I could make a post saying it's the worst day of my life because my grandpa died, my dog died, and I ran out of peanut butter and you'd respond by saying you don't see how it could possibly be the worst day of my life because peanut butter isn't that important.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Friedman makes the difference.

Malkin coming back, we suck, therefore Malkin's fault.
Friedman in (or is it Matheson out), we play 2/3+ of a good game, therefore Friedman's cause? Or is it Matheson going out?

Seriously, he and Ruh played a good game. Nice to see 52 get some ice time and play a good, disciplined game.

Reactions: Still Apps

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We won, we'll take it. Just not sure it was smart where by we kept pinching with six mins left protecting the lead.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Malkin coming back, we suck, therefore Malkin's fault.
Friedman in (or is it Matheson out), we play 2/3+ of a good game, therefore Friedman's cause? Or is it Matheson going out?

Seriously, he and Ruh played a good game. Nice to see 52 get some ice time and play a good, disciplined game.
Agreed, bottom pair was good today.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Jarry was the primary reason we won. He was big throughout.

Nice game by Geno. Still some concerning trends but I liked our intensity.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
We won, we'll take it. Just not sure it was smart where by we kept pinching with six mins left protecting the lead.
thats how you keep them on their heels...thats how you protect your lead, not by backpedalling and letting their talented two lines skate through the NZ

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
thats how you keep them on their heels...thats how you protect your lead, not by backpedalling and letting their talented two lines skate through the NZ
You can be aggressive without being reckless, one of those pinches led to an odd man break. Situational hockey is something they need to be better at.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
sorry but the bar is dramatically lower now if that was Malkin creating offence like a machine. That second line is totally underwhelming and it's telling that Malkin only broke through, again, on the PP. They need to make changes.

We aren't as structured and it's a fact. I don't see much happening in the playoffs with the lines constructed as they are and Kapanen and others producing nothing. I like the team and it has potential but too many bodies not doing anything.
Malkin's line had a 9-2 edge in shot attempts and 6-1 edge in scoring changes against opposing lines.

It was the best line the Pens had today at 5-on-5.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Malkin's line had a 9-2 edge in shot attempts and 6-1 edge in scoring changes against opposing lines.

It was the best line the Pens had today at 5-on-5.
Yep, they were noticeable throughout. They seem to have had a lot of zone time.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Malkin needs to get his but into the games and make the kind of effort this team needs. He stunk the first period and maybe Sully told him to pick it up. Hopefully he did and meant it. No question Pens lose without Jarry here. He was the difference.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Malkin needs to get his but into the games and make the kind of effort this team needs. He stunk the first period and maybe Sully told him to pick it up. Hopefully he did and meant it. No question Pens lose without Jarry here. He was the difference.
High danger chances 12-10 Pens

Of course our goalie is the difference in a 1-0 game, but let's not pretend like the Rags dominated us. Was quite even.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't think Geno's like, sulking or taking it easy or anything. I just think he's a 35+ year old who has been beat to shit his entire career, is coming off of an injury that'd have him walking with a cane like a decade ago, and the depth we can provide him is... Uh, not very good at all. :laugh:

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Listened. Sounds like Jarry stole this one. Hey - I'm not complaining. With how they've been playing, any points are welcome.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't think Geno's like, sulking or taking it easy or anything. I just think he's a 35+ year old who has been beat to shit his entire career, is coming off of an injury that'd have him walking with a cane like a decade ago, and the depth we can provide him is... Uh, not very good at all. :laugh:

He’s got 8 goals and 19 points in 18 games. What do people expect from him? Lol

Reactions: Rave7215
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad