I.....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The crowd seemed into it today. Nice to have a good atmosphere for a playoff type game.

Reactions: Andy99

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Watched via the Rangers feed. They were surprisingly un-one-sided. But maybe I'm "unspoiled" from watching a few Bruins feeds...

Reactions: ncm7772

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
That was pretty damn entertaining for a 1-0 game where we played like shit for 2/3 of the game.

Jarry was amazing. How bout them saves?

Jarry seems like our most confident player at the moment. Hope he keeps it up.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
I have notes:
It would be a real shame if someone Kreidered Shesterkin.

I liked the announcers except the pbp guy noticed all the uncalled penalties on the Pens. How about mentioning the trip of Guentzel on the Trouba turnover at the end of the game?

As soon as NYR gets a third line and makes a fourth out of their current bottom 6, given their D and goaltending they are going to be tough.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Malkin was an offence creating machine in the second and third.

Jarry was magnifico.

sorry but the bar is dramatically lower now if that was Malkin creating offence like a machine. That second line is totally underwhelming and it's telling that Malkin only broke through, again, on the PP. They need to make changes.

We aren't as structured and it's a fact. I don't see much happening in the playoffs with the lines constructed as they are and Kapanen and others producing nothing. I like the team and it has potential but too many bodies not doing anything.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I got home in time to see the Rangers take a penalty and the Pens scoring off of it. So you're welcome HF.;)

So while I didn't see the entire game a big negative is those awful camera angles.:thumbd:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It seems our gameplan consists of:
-Hope Jarry can keep us in games until the team decides to show up about 25-ish minutes into games.
-If not trailing at that point, they have a chance of winning.
-If trailing at that point, they lose.

Hey Sully, can you get them to show up at the very start? That would be cool one of these games.

Seems like a really weird take given how many games we've fought back and won tbh.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
+ We played with some intensity
+ Jarry outdueled Shesterkin
+ Geno looked good

- refs
- camera angles

this is what the POs is going to look like and we’re going to need that Jarry

The stupid ass angle on the powerplay needs to end. Probably the best take yet.

Reactions: Andy99

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Glad we got the win, still don't like how we are playing.

Our system can't be "let Jarry bail us out".

We're making him do way too much work and fans will be mad when he gets tired before the playoffs and doesn't perform as well as he is now.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The Rangers would be in business if their last 4 top 10 picks weren’t flops.

Lafrienere and KK could still turn into something but yeah if even one of those guys was a normal first/second overall type talent they would be a terror of a team.

Of course they did also luck out by Fox turning into possibly the best dmen in hockey, so I guess it balances out a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad