Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Panthers | loss | Atrocious reffing and lack of heart tonight

Most happy we:

• Total voters

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I'm undefeated at Scrabble. My wife refuses to play

Dude when we first started playing my wife used to kick my ass at Scrabble. We’re pretty even now and it’s brought out a real competitive side of her.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
They lost because they played garbage hockey for most of the game, not because they lack toughness.
They play garbage hockey because they're a garbage team made up of small, soft, and mentally weak losers and lead by a total clown of a coach and GM. But since I've read here for years that size, physicality, etc doesn't matter, why haven't we won a playoff series in years, despite being the smallest and softest team? You'd think we'd be undefeated

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
PP is a f***ing joke & it is NOT coaching it is the players do whatever they want
It’s clearly not the coaching because the coach admitted they don’t coach the PP.

I’m sure that’s not a problem, though, the players clearly have it handled.

They play garbage hockey because they're a garbage team made up of small, soft, and mentally weak losers and lead by a total clown of a coach and GM. But since I've read here for years that size, physicality, etc doesn't matter, why haven't we won a playoff series in years, despite being the smallest and softest team? You'd think we'd be undefeated
I can’t imagine why your wife won’t play board games with you.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
He got frazzled early and never recovered. Of all players, Marc Staal can get him off his game in a second.

Geno will improve, though. The rest of the negative parts about tonight have been a problem since game 1 of like 2021.
A lot of what I saw has happen to these guys well before these last 5/6 years. Tonight was more of the early times before the two cups.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

It is funny because the Pens' biggest rival of the Crosby and Malkin era have been the Caps, who have almost always had a bigger/tougher roster than the Pens.

And how well did that work out for them?

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Dude when we first started playing my wife used to kick my ass at Scrabble. We’re pretty even now and it’s brought out a real competitive side of her.
Just memorize all the 2 and 3 letter words, and the 3 six letter 'words' that form bingos with any other letter. you'll be kicking her ass in no time

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
The whole team blew, but even if they didn’t they’d still lose with CDS in net. Team has no confidence in him and he is not a NHL quality goalie, backup or otherwise

It's pretty simple, don't turn the puck over and make the safe plays. This team can not do that, hence why they'll keep giving up 3/4 goals a game.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
I was having a conversation with someone the other day about the Bruins and they said sometimes all it takes is a new voice in the locker room and that’s exactly what this team needs. Once this team either misses the playoffs or gets bounced in the first round, FSG needs to fire everyone.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
It is funny because the Pens' biggest rival of the Crosby and Malkin era have been the Caps, who have almost always had a bigger/tougher roster than the Pens.

And how well did that work out for them?

Again, the league is what it is. Why guys like you can't admit that is beyond me. Let me guess, we'll squeak into the playoffs this year, 2 or 3 of our stars will get knocked out with cheap shots, and we'll blame the refs and league for losing. Wash, rinse, repeat.

It's not like the Caps haven't had any success

Reactions: farscape1

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
People calling for the WB youngsters here have to realize they are just as soft and will not bring the needed grit to the roster. Pens may have a couple players in junior or a bigger RW in college that have some size but this organization is lacking not only talent, but hard ass players as well. Team is going to get hammered as the season progresses and games get tighter. Only firing Hextall and Sullivan can begin the build of a balanced roster that can play either way the game goes.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I was having a conversation with someone the other day about the Bruins and they said sometimes all it takes is a new voice in the locker room and that’s exactly what this team needs. Once this team either misses the playoffs or gets bounced in the first round, FSG needs to fire everyone.

Pretty much.

Getting rid of Cassidy(who is not a terrible coach, just worn out with them) has had a huge positive impact on that team.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Again, the league is what it is. Why guys like you can't admit that is beyond me. Let me guess, we'll squeak into the playoffs this year, 2 or 3 of our stars will get knocked out with cheap shots, and we'll blame the refs and league for losing. Wash, rinse, repeat.

It's not like the Caps haven't had any success

The league is getting faster and more skilled while de-emphasizing players who's only valuable trait is toughness, so I truly have no idea what you are talking about.

And you were levying the same exact complaints at the Pens in the years they did win cups. Posting about how the team needs MOAR TOUGHNESS after a game they lose that has lots of post-whistle scrums is literally the only play in your playbook.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
People calling for the WB youngsters here have to realize they are just as soft and will not bring the needed grit to the roster. Pens may have a couple players in junior or a bigger RW in college that have some size but this organization is lacking not only talent, but hard ass players as well. Team is going to get hammered as the season progresses and games get tighter. Only firing Hextall and Sullivan can begin the build of a balanced roster that can play either way the game goes.

We could ice every goon in the league and it wouldn't matter one bit because of Mike Sullivan. He's the woman in an abusive relationship that keeps praying her husband will stop beating the shit out of her because once upon a time he was nice

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
The players do whatever they want because the coach lets them do that….Sullivan has already stated he does not coach PP1 because the players on it are “instinctual” and he doesn’t want coaching to get in their way…so yes, it is coaching lol
NOT ! Reirden does ! Sorry Ryan

We could ice every goon in the league and it wouldn't matter one bit because of Mike Sullivan. He's the woman in an abusive relationship that keeps praying her husband will stop beating the shit out of her because once upon a time he was nice
Make up Mind !!!!!! are the Pens p***yes or is Sullivan a battered wife?

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
The league is getting faster and more skilled while de-emphasizing players who's only valuable trait is toughness, so I truly have no idea what you are talking about.

And you were levying the same exact complaints at the Pens in the years they did win cups. Posting about how the team needs MOAR TOUGHNESS after a game they lose that has lots of post-whistle scrums is literally the only play in your playbook.

Actually the league is getting bigger and faster, not smaller and slower. The best teams can beat you in a variety of ways, not just speed skating around the ice and avoiding contact like a group of Sedin's. But even the smallest and fastest teams have at least a few guys that will step up when their stars get the shit kicked out of them with cheap shots.

You're right, I was saying that unless the team adds size and toughness they would never compete for another Cup because other teams will figure out Sully's one trick pony system. I hate to say 'I told you so', but as usual I was 100% correct. But hey, since it worked in 2016, it should work now right? Bring back the Broad Street Bullies too since that worked once too. ,

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
This team is what it is. i will check what are the odds for not making play off and put some decent amount on that

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
NOT ! Reirden does ! Sorry Ryan

Make up Mind !!!!!! are the Pens p***yes or is Sullivan a battered wife?

The Pens are p***yes because Mike Sullivan is a battered wife cuckold who will bench anyone that shows even the slightest bit of testosterone. We've seen that for years

Reactions: Pens x

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
This team is what it is. i will check what are the odds for not making play off and put some decent amount on that
I'm pretty sure we'll still make it. Even looking disinterested and lethargic.

I'll bet against them missing once Sid really drops off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad