Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Panthers | loss | Atrocious reffing and lack of heart tonight

Most happy we:

• Total voters

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Team looked like hot garbage tonight. Not a lot of positives. Reffing was especially questionable tonight. Zucker the only one who really showed life today. Game got ugly in the end and the refs completely lost control. That slash deserves a suspension as well. Hope Letang is okay. Wish we had more Zuckers on the team with the way it ended.

jason-zucker-goal.gif

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
"We have a set of standards here that everybody adheres to, and it's not pick and choose. It's everybody," Cooper said. "It's how it was for today and those guys are an extremely important part of our team, but for 20 minutes tonight, I thought the other guys could get it done, and they almost did."

... this is a team that has gone to three straight cup finals, and they were sitting Kuch, Point and Stamkos for the 3rd period tonight, on the way to a 4th straight loss.

Just thought I'd make sure it got play.

Atrocious effort by the Pens in this one. And same old same old from our bench.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The refs reviewed a play where a player clearly intentionally hit another player in the jewels with his stick and decided that said individual's penalty should be reduced.

Imagine a football player not getting the gate after a review of him punching another player in the balls. It would never f***ing happen.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Same coach. Same team.

Malkin had a noteworthy bad game. Looked clownish out there. Except that, most same players looked kind of the same as always.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I pointed out yesterday that it's not a coincidence that they rolled into the TDL. Mission complete. No major changes, and the happy gang remains.

They are frauds

Reactions: farscape1

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
"We have a set of standards here that everybody adheres to, and it's not pick and choose. It's everybody," Cooper said. "It's how it was for today and those guys are an extremely important part of our team, but for 20 minutes tonight, I thought the other guys could get it done, and they almost did."

... this is a team that has gone to three straight cup finals, and they were sitting Kuch, Point and Stamkos for the 3rd period tonight, on the way to a 4th straight loss.

Just thought I'd make sure it got play.

Atrocious effort by the Pens in this one. And same old same old from our bench.
Cooper knows how to coach. Sully is a glorified babysitter.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
after those eulogies about Sully's coaching last three games wonder what Yohes of the world will write now...maybe Hexy's fault that this team does not know how to exit their zone without stretch pass to the wall to a skater that stands still there

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
The refs suck. The league sucks. The other players suck. It's not how the game should be played. lol. Same shit I've been reading here for years. Newsflash, the league ain't changing. Ice the smallest, softest, slowest, oldest team in history if you want. Guess what, other teams aren't going to 'be nice' to you cause you think you're the moral authority of the league.

Get Sullivan, Hextall, and every other pacifist cuck in this organization the F out of here. Build a team that can compete in the league as it is, not how you wish it would be

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
All those big deadline acquisitions, stunned they looked like this.
Of course they look like this. The biggest issue of the roster remains. All Sullivan and Hextall did was blame his wingers and ship them out. He’s still here and we’ll suck as a team until he finally admits that his best days are long gone and he retires.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Who's responsible for those things?

That's rhetorical btw. Lol
What bothers me is we feel our way into games. We'll try to match whatever the team is doing. There's no sense of imposing our will on the opponent with this team.

Like once we realized how hard Florida was gonna work today, we kinda started matching that a little bit.

But by the time we did, we'd already dug a hole.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It seems like from the get-go they came into this game expecting to lose…mindset wasn’t there at all and didn’t really change when they got down…no fight or smarts…the dads weren’t there, maybe that was the thing causing the last few wins…lol

big loser tonight with all of our competitors winning…now in WC2 spot and on the verge of slipping out

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The refs suck. The league sucks. The other players suck. It's not how the game should be played. lol. Same shit I've been reading here for years. Newsflash, the league ain't changing. Ice the smallest, softest, slowest, oldest team in history if you want. Guess what, other teams aren't going to 'be nice' to you cause you think you're the moral authority of the league.

Get Sullivan, Hextall, and every other pacifist cuck in this organization the F out of here. Build a team that can compete in the league as it is, not how you wish it would be

They lost because they played garbage hockey for most of the game, not because they lack toughness.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad