Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Panthers | loss | Atrocious reffing and lack of heart tonight

Most happy we:

• Total voters

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Game turned on Bob's robbery of Sid.

2-2 going into the 3rd, would've been a helluva finish.

But a big save on one end, lead to a goal at the other end.

Too bad Zucker's cheap shot on Bob didn't help us fill the net.

I would've been happy with 3 points on this road trip. We got 4 and played with house money tonight.

Would've been nice to pull away from the playoff pack a bit more, but go home and take care of the Jackets on Tuesday.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
What bothers me is we feel our way into games. We'll try to match whatever the team is doing. There's no sense of imposing our will on the opponent with this team.

Like once we realized how hard Florida was gonna work today, we kinda started matching that a little bit.

But by the time we did, we'd already dug a hole.
I long for the days of original Byslma. "Grind those b****** down"

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
First period to the end.

y3BKp9q.gif

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I long for the days of original Byslma. "Grind those b****** down"
Feeling our way into games was a big problem under Bylsma as well, at least after a while. Early Bylsma (so 2009) we would impose our will. After that it was maybe we would maybe not. We'd routinely play down to other teams.

Early Sully hockey also we would impose our will. Later Sully hockey....nah.

A new coach might bring that style/element again but we all know it wont happen

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
It seems like from the get-go they came into this game expecting to lose…mindset wasn’t there at all and didn’t really change when they got down…no fight or smarts…the dads weren’t there, maybe that was the thing causing the last few wins…lol

big loser tonight with all of our competitors winning…now in WC2 spot and on the verge of slipping out
Hell, jarry didn't even care enough to try lol
They lost because they played garbage hockey for most of the game, not because they lack toughness.
Well, yes. Then they tried to act tough. And got their faces smeared all over the ice.

Reactions: Andy99

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Game turned on Bob's robbery of Sid.

2-2 going into the 3rd, would've been a helluva finish.

But a big save on one end, lead to a goal at the other end.

Too bad Zucker's cheap shot on Bob didn't help us fill the net.

I would've been happy with 3 points on this road trip. We got 4 and played with house money tonight.

Would've been nice to pull away from the playoff pack a bit more, but go home and take care of the Jackets on Tuesday.
This is true. I just wish this team was at all likeable. They're so easy to hate .

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
They lost because they played garbage hockey for most of the game, not because they lack toughness.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Same mantra since the last cup. But somehow every other team added tough dudes for the playoffs... but Sully, Hexy and some you know better.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
What bothers me is we feel our way into games. We'll try to match whatever the team is doing. There's no sense of imposing our will on the opponent with this team.

Like once we realized how hard Florida was gonna work today, we kinda started matching that a little bit.

But by the time we did, we'd already dug a hole.
that rings so true, it has been like that all season long,

Reactions: Pancakes

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I didn’t watch but I know we lost because we don’t have enough punchers.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Feeling our way into games was a big problem under Bylsma as well, at least after a while. Early Bylsma (so 2009) we would impose our will. After that it was maybe we would maybe not. We'd routinely play down to other teams.

Early Sully hockey also we would impose our will. Later Sully hockey....nah.

A new coach might bring that style/element again but we all know it wont happen
Result of being an old team trying to conserve energy…did I say old? I meant to say really really old for professional hockey

Reactions: Pancakes

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Same mantra since the last cup. But somehow every other team added tough dudes for the playoffs... but Sully, Hexy and some you know better.

The Rangers traded for Patrick Kane and Vladimir Tarasenko.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011

Say it however you like, the Pens are about the easiest team in the league to play against, and lack any kind of identity. It used to work in the regular season and fall flat in the post season, now it doesn't even work all that well in the regular season since our stars are getting old.

Reactions: wizmet12

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
PP is a f***ing joke & it is NOT coaching it is the players do whatever they want
The players do whatever they want because the coach lets them do that….Sullivan has already stated he does not coach PP1 because the players on it are “instinctual” and he doesn’t want coaching to get in their way…so yes, it is coaching lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad