Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Nucks: Sid dining on sushi tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Positives:

Love to see the Pens win.,

It does not hurt them as long as Dubas remains realistic about the team. Which face it, at least in my opinion remains flawed and not a contender.

They don't have a first anyways, and currently that pick is the last of the non-playoff teams. 16th.

The Pens really are scrapping which makes them fun to watch.

The power play is working. Finally. Yes they were due but it has even looked good recently and not simply some lucky bounces and luck changing.

The Canucks are a team who could look to add at the deadline and may pony up a bit more, maybe for a Pens' player, with this loss.

Negatives:

The Pens' playoff odds remain the same, 35%:

What took the team so long to finally play with some desperation? For the second year in a row they look likely to come up just short.

The end of an era is here, and that is bittersweet.

The biggest concern that I have though is that Dubas buys into this small chance and stands pat and does not make the trades that we all know that he should make. That he does nothing at the deadline. Really that is my only real concern because reports are that the Pens are asking a king's ransom for Jake, and that at least one team is prepared to pay it.

Reactions: Ryder71

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Wait, you think being wrong on the internet means you should be tarred and feathered? lol
Most ppl don't have shame, not saying they should or should not, but they don't.

Carry on!
I’m just messing around lol:p

Cheers from Michigan

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I’m just messing around lol:p

Cheers from Michigan
I'm not, I'm serious as a heart attack

Cheers from the commonwealth of Pennsylvania

This is why you still move Jake. Rakell can fill in the production up there. Puustinen deserves a top nine spot. Bring in some assets and a bottom six forward for next year.
Anyone with even a modicum of common sense realizes we need to trade Jake. And I feel sure our fearless leader Kyle Dubas knows that better then most of us. He's not gonna just let him walk, he understands that would be abysmal asset management. Jake will be gone, and we can all breathe easier thereafter. It will be glorious!

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Puustinen deserves a top nine spot.
Lightning-Penguins-Hockey-4-1636931208.jpg

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Keep winning making the 1st round pick this year bit worse so we can give it to SJ.

BUT, please let's hope we still trade Guentzel and some more at the deadline.

Would be a disaster hanging on to assets and still miss the playoffs

Reactions: Andy99 and Ryder71

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pu had a very energetic game, what does he have a four game point strak?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I told my wife at the game "Karlsson has been a shit show all game, if this goes into OT he better score the gwg to make up for this shit, at least Letang stopped being ass after 40."

Sid's line was either good or just the f***ing worst today. Ruhwedel is just the f***ing worst.

This game should be a blow out if Jarry didn't hold his ground after typical garbage D.

Hope Doc is ok. He sat on the bench after he got hurt and I didn't notice him leaving when at the game.

Also a fight broke out at the arena, vpd had to go and break it up and boot some wankers out.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
This is why you still move Jake. Rakell can fill in the production up there. Puustinen deserves a top nine spot. Bring in some assets and a bottom six forward for next year.
Trade our 1st for a UFA rental, miss the playoffs still and lose Jake to UFA.

That will sum up our season nicely, we also lose a top 5 pick next season to SJ. ;)

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Geno I noticed he can't do cross overs as well and his balance just doesn't look sturdy and it looks like the way he's handling the puck is just stiff. He's definitely in his own head right now but he has by no means been on the downswing for anything else. His line looked good and Doc seemed a little off at times and behind the play with his positioning in the offensive zone.

Carter and Acciari are the worst PK tandem and Ruhwedel should never be on the PK at all. Petts was boarded and didn't get a call but he stood there and got mad about it like he did vs the Rangers in the playoffs when his helmet was knocked off.

Harkins had 2 good shifts but was usual useless. Just zero awareness.

Karlsson and Letang looked like they were playing a game of anything you can do i can do dumber for like 40mins then Letang decided he didn't want to be dumb in the third for the most part while Karlsson looks like his confidence is just shot to hell. It was nice to see the bloke score the gwg given the game he had.

Puustinen and Rakell were the two best wingers all game for the Pens. Puljujaarvi and Bemstrom also looked good with Eller.

4th line is ass on TV and live. Smith is just, a bloke in the woods without a compass. He has to be moved asap.

Oh no, which mod was it?
I feel like @66-30-33 was there and finally caught the bloke that keeps trying to break in.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I told my wife at the game "Karlsson has been a shit show all game, if this goes into OT he better score the gwg to make up for this shit, at least Letang stopped being ass after 40."

Sid's line was either good or just the f***ing worst today. Ruhwedel is just the f***ing worst.

This game should be a blow out if Jarry didn't hold his ground after typical garbage D.

Hope Doc is ok. He sat on the bench after he got hurt and I didn't notice him leaving when at the game.

Also a fight broke out at the arena, vpd had to go and break it up and boot some wankers out.
Was wondering if you ended up going.

Going to make the trip down to Seattle next? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Was wondering if you ended up going.

Going to make the trip down to Seattle next? :sarcasm:
We did last time but won't this year with stuff going on. I have some mates that asked if I was going to come down to Seattle and see it with them and said they had an extra couple for my wife and I but I just don't want to make that drive this time or the short flight. She's been very tired and to fly in for the game and stay at our place before we head back isn't doable for her work this week either. Ah well.

I will say that the shot counter bloke at the game sucks. Jarry faced 38 shots. At one point it went 28 shots then the bloke missed another save and it suddenly went to 27. I was staring at that thing like what the f*** is going on? Literally saw the wave and it wasn't recorded. This irks me because goalies have their save percentage affected greatly from this inaccurate shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad