Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Nucks: Sid dining on sushi tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
I would like to see Guentzel and Smith shipped out and somehow result in a 2C and run...(Harkins sent to the moon)

Rakell Crosby Rust
Malkin 2C Bemstrom
O'Connor Eller Puustinen
Poulin Acciari Puljujarvi
Nieto Carter

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Mid game I used the "Sully re: ERod" quote of "This kid is going to score a lot of goals for us"

I do not hate DOC-Malkin-Puustinen one bit.

Playing the "what-if" game - if we were close to a playoff spot, I'd be advocating getting a better 3C that is more offensive-minded like Henrique from Anaheim. Then run:

Jake-Sid-Rakell
DOC-Malkin-Puustinen
Smith-Henrique-Rust
Nieto-Eller-Acciari

That would be well balanced lineup to be able to roll.
Do you really believe Rust isn't with Jake and Sid ever? That's the problem and a big reason why I want Jake moved. A couple of decent to great TDL moves and this team becomes very interesting next year and possibly finishing out this season.

But Dubas doesn't have the balls to do it.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
People should feel how they feel. It’s just the most on brand thing for this board and everyone who thinks they would be a great GM because they kicked ass on NHL ‘94 or Madden who care more about 2028 than what is happening now.
2028? Getting rid of a coach who hasn't had a new idea in this decade is very likely to help the team in the here and now, you know.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
2028? Getting rid of a coach who hasn't had a new idea in this decade is very likely to help the team in the here and now, you know.
Sure. But Sullivan isn't getting fired here and now no matter how much many want it, so rooting against the Penguins in hopes of something that's not going to happen happening makes no sense to me. Again, to each his own.

Reactions: Factorial

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I can't help but get a little chuckle out of this idea that Sid HAD to have Jake stapled to him for the better part of a decade for the sake of the team and he's clipping along at like 3PPG or whatever since Jake has been out with injury.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Mid game I used the "Sully re: ERod" quote of "This kid is going to score a lot of goals for us"

I do not hate DOC-Malkin-Puustinen one bit.

Playing the "what-if" game - if we were close to a playoff spot, I'd be advocating getting a better 3C that is more offensive-minded like Henrique from Anaheim. Then run:

Jake-Sid-Rakell
DOC-Malkin-Puustinen
Smith-Henrique-Rust
Nieto-Eller-Acciari

That would be well balanced lineup to be able to roll.
it's the exact malkin line any idiot could have put together months ago, just 2 young fast guys causing turnovers that malkin can turn into something. instead we did nothing

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Nice to wake up to this. Good win. I say screw it, might as well try to make the playoffs. Don’t think Dubas has the balls to sell.

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah because losing without a 1st round pick this year is so effective :rolleyes:
No it doesn’t matter about what picks we have or don’t have… it’s about prolonging mediocrity and keeping an expired coach & staff even longer. There are bigger franchise issues than just getting a high 1st round pick. This team isn’t doing dick, even if they make the playoffs. Missing the PO in embarrassing fashion yet again is the only way REAL change will happen.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
No it doesn’t matter about what picks we have or don’t have… it’s about prolonging mediocrity and keeping an expired coach & staff even longer. There are bigger franchise issues than just getting a high 1st round pick. This team isn’t doing dick, even if they make the playoffs. Missing the PO in embarrassing fashion yet again is the only way REAL change will happen.
what about missing the play offs in non-embarassing fashio, because thats what will happen, it will be, I liked our fight, I liked our committment, we had injuries, etc...

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Rewatching the OT goal, man oh man, I'm happy EK scored there. All three Pens sold out for that play. If there was a block or mishandle, that would have been a 2-0 for Vancouver. Pretty high-risk play for EK to go that low but that's his game. Sometimes it works like it did and other times its a major defensive laps.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Great game for Big Puus, stll don't love that they didn't use him more for his one timer on the PP. DOC better not be injured, he's been a horse on the forecheck.

I missed the game. Anyone have a clip of the hit?

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I missed the game. Anyone have a clip of the hit?
I don't.

But in summary:
-It was mid/late 3rd.
-DOC on the forecheck
-Fairly innocuous-looking hit from the defender in the corner
-Hit ended with DOC sort of twisting
-DOC's head got compressed against the glass
-On the replay, you could tell it stunned him a bit

I think he'll be out with a concussion.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
I know there are a lot of people on here that want Guentzel gone, and I’m assuming it’s because of contract and not play but wouldn’t you be even more terrified if Dubas can’t get him to an extension while Hextall re upped Malkin Letang and Rust (whom 99 percent of the internet had pegged to Detroit) in one off season?

I hope this is the correct thread.

Huge win but stop playing “Let the bodies hit the floor” during pregame. Any more injuries and Sullivan might have to play Yager. I want him fired but not have a heart attack.

Last edited:

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Rewatching the OT goal, man oh man, I'm happy EK scored there. All three Pens sold out for that play. If there was a block or mishandle, that would have been a 2-0 for Vancouver. Pretty high-risk play for EK to go that low but that's his game. Sometimes it works like it did and other times its a major defensive laps.
I hated EKs game today.....how many times did EK give away the puck? I guess he was bound to get one right.

Anyhow, one tactic I liked in OT was players tried to drive the net on their own when gaining the blue line. Considering it's only 3on3, you need to beat 1 guy to get a decent chance at net. Also it opens up passing lanes, as D tend to favor collapsing in those situations.

I for one can't wait for this team to go on a run without Jake-Rust, convince themselves they are back in it and keep Jake, and then to see Sullivan go back to the same old same old GCRu line and miss the playoffs.
Unless they trade Jake first :sarcasm:.

It seems that press conference by Dubas stating that "everybody, except for the core, was on the table" to be traded, probably was something needed saying a month before. The impact of that press conference seems to be the effect a coach has on the team.

I'm all for a run, it's exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad