Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Nucks: Sid dining on sushi tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
The team looks rejuvenated without Guentzel. Obviously he's a very good player but I am interested to see how they look long term while he is out. Could certainly change the market for him if the Pens want a depth guy.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

reino

Jul 20, 2019
The team looks rejuvenated without Guentzel. Obviously he's a very good player but I am interested to see how they look long term while he is out. Could certainly change the market for him if the Pens want a depth guy.
They are actually scoring now what their expected goals suggested. Nothing to do with Guentzel

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Didn't look like the normal slop-fest.... was an actual effort...
🤯

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
4th line is embarrassing with Carter and Harkins. What is even more embarrassing is putting them on the ice for the final minute.
Exactly, which makes everything else fools gold. As the season get into late stages, that lack of 4th will have killed this team. It's so stupid, that should be the easiest line to fill with youthful energy that fly around the ice and cause issues. Instead it's Carter.......never liked the guy, philly scum who cucks his HC>

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Also the pens struggle is 100% the system specially the power play. I looked at the formation of how the Canucks play and the power play setup. The issue of the penguins 100% is system. Yes here and the some of the personnel but it is the system. And that is coach driven

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
You can be happy about a win and exciting game and still be realistic. The one does not preclude the other.
People should feel how they feel. It’s just the most on brand thing for this board and everyone who thinks they would be a great GM because they kicked ass on NHL ‘94 or Madden who care more about 2028 than what is happening now. I know this team isn’t going anywhere but the fact people are annoyed that a fun win could jeopardize the 4th round pick they could get for Reilly Smith or some such is just odd to me. To each his own.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
The Canucks are not playing as well as they have been. Cooling off and long season just catches up with everyone. Pens nice win and needed points. Just a killer Pen just can't stay healthy year in year out.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
Sid's just not going to let them tank. They have a bottom feeder roster, but also one of the greatest players of all time who's still got it. They're going to be on the cusp until he retires or really starts to break down. The only move to make was finding a new pp coach 3 months ago.

Reactions: spcastlemagic

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
This team is like 6-0 without both Jake and Rust in the lineup!!! Time to ship both out!

Solid performance from Jarry as well, should be an interesting 10 days here. I just hope they all of a sudden don't think we should be buyers now after this win lol!!

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
We will probably need Geno to wake up and step up now. Especially if DOC is injured. I mean, if Eller can step up too, why not Geno. 10 games witout a goal, we need him now with all those injuries. Not sure who else. Running out of bodies.
What happened to DOC?

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
the win was really good, I have not felt better about their game in a while...still Jarry came big with a lot of great saves, as long as Graves, letang and EK make these moronic giveaways in our zone, we will be in trouble no matter who we play.
Sid was so good, determined, Rakell really can play with him, Smith, I am not sure, but we don't have a better choice now. L2 is fine, they are even turning Corsi which was sub 50 for a long time, now they keep possession and everything...Its funny when the posters that bash Geno all the time were complaining that he needs to adjust his game...now that he is playing totally different game with these two youngsters, now he is not delivering...L2 was good, tilt the ice most of the time, and if Puusty can hone his skills like Rust did in the past, he may become legit Top 6...
L3 was there, I have not liked Eller's game in the last 6-7 games, hopefully he turned the page after that stupid gaffe on PP, Sully: don't play these guys onPP...

If DOC is out it will hurt us, I can't believe I am sayin that...

What happened to DOC?
he was smashed against teh boards and looked doozy...would not be surprised if he is concussed...unless there was something else I missed...

and btw, the game was really good both ways...

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
I have to admit when they went down 2-0 I turned TV off & went to sleep, Because I had a bad headache & had to get up pretty early & thought game over. Good job Pens !!!

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Hopefully DOC is fine because he’s been indispensable. Him and Puustinen are bringing exactly what Pit needs.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This is why you still move Jake. Rakell can fill in the production up there. Puustinen deserves a top nine spot. Bring in some assets and a bottom six forward for next year.
Jake and Smith should still be moved regardless…other pieces if we come out of this road trip with fewer than 5 points…

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
This team is like 6-0 without both Jake and Rust in the lineup!!! Time to ship both out!

Solid performance from Jarry as well, should be an interesting 10 days here. I just hope they all of a sudden don't think we should be buyers now after this win lol!!
I understand that's a joke, but....

The Jake + Rust + Sully has a ripple effect on the rest of the lineup. Many here have stated as fact that JCR is death for the team and Sully rolls it out every game. Look at what a little youthful enthusiasm did for Malkin's line last night.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You just knew that they would win leading up to the TDL to keep the status quo. They'll be right back to lifeless hockey as soon as the deadline passes.

Crazy how the Pens & Steelers mirror each other right now; Coaching to overpaying Vets to poor asset management.
Kyle won't be fooled, it was ''cute'' they won yesterday, but the underlying issues are still there. They need to trade Jake. Smith also. Fully expect them to be moved. Last night was more a last gasp of a once great franchise. But KD knows he can't just let Jake walk.

The number of people who are unhappy because the Pens won an exciting and critical game against a good team is the most HFBoards shit ever.
Because some fear that KD would sit on his hands at TDL, and that would be a very bad thing, that's why. I don't see that happening, but that's the concern.

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
DOC I’ve come around on - it took a while but I like his game, you can make up for a lot of deficits as a winger with raw tenacity. Puustinen- I like everything about his game, skating, hands, vision, awareness, urgency. He’s exactly the kind of young player you enable to take risks and learn from the mistakes - Sullivan stapling him to the bench at the first sign of a turnover is an outrage every time it happens.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lol…from RW’s blog

“Last night when I saw Jansen Harkins on the ice I went to look up how many games he’s actually played so far this year and the answer was way higher than I was anticipating. Last night was his 39th game of the season. In those 39 games he has 0 goals and 4 assists. His xGF% is 44.07. They gotta do better than this. This is dead weight.”

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
I never do this. I NEVER DO THIS. But I’m gonna stat boy:

Big Puusty
GP - 26
Pts - 12
GP w/ 10+ TOI - 16
Pts in games w/ 10+ TOI - 10
Pts per game with actual ice time - .625
Penguins game played - 56
Puusty theoretical points if he played - 35

Good enough to be second in rookie scoring behind the second coming of McDavid. Nbd.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Mid game I used the "Sully re: ERod" quote of "This kid is going to score a lot of goals for us"

I do not hate DOC-Malkin-Puustinen one bit.

Playing the "what-if" game - if we were close to a playoff spot, I'd be advocating getting a better 3C that is more offensive-minded like Henrique from Anaheim. Then run:

Jake-Sid-Rakell
DOC-Malkin-Puustinen
Smith-Henrique-Rust
Nieto-Eller-Acciari

That would be well balanced lineup to be able to roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad