Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Leafs: Spanking, Canada's revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
For those wholly absolving Jarry on the goals scored in the GDT, just want to say the coach didn’t agree…this is from Taylor’s article about the game:

When I asked Mike Sullivan if the decision to pull Jarry was a result of his performance or a move aimed to spark the team in front of him, Sullivan said it was "a little bit of both."

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Dont you love it when a player, usually Sid, inauthentically says “we have to learn from it” when discussing the latest loss lol…

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Dont you love it when a player, usually Sid, inauthentically says “we have to learn from it” when discussing the latest loss lol…

Inauthentically? That's the most Sid answer of all time. :laugh:

The room probably f***ing adores Sullivan and completely buys in. If they didn't, Sid specifically, Sully would probably have been coaching another team for a while now.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Sullivan survived that Florida trip, and not only that, Dubas did a press conference afterwards saying "yep, he's our guy". Absolutely zero chance Sullivan gets fired this season.
Dubas blaming bottom six. ha! Ye well, Florida and Pittsburg could switch bottom six and as long as Sullivan is there ......Pens fans would see the same team on the ice.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Toronto played without their best player and still trounced the Pens.

But in reality, they should either way.

The Pens were horribly bad top to bottom. The only thing to take away is the Ludvig fight.

That is all.

Everything else is proof of what not to do.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

The room probably f***ing adores Sullivan and completely buys in. If they didn't, Sid specifically, Sully would probably have been coaching another team for a while now.
Yes, it’s inauthentic because they know they aren’t gonna learn shit from it, it happens all the time so they haven’t learned shit from it the past three seasons…and Sid says it a lot and knows better lol

Last edited:
Reactions: crassbonanza

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Sullivan survived that Florida trip, and not only that, Dubas did a press conference afterwards saying "yep, he's our guy". Absolutely zero chance Sullivan gets fired this season.
A gazillion coaches have been fired soon after press conferences like that. Saying that you support your coach is the kind of meaningless non-answer that GM pretty much always give.

As for the game itself - I reckon the Penguins players are still in shock they scored on two shootout attempts and eventually won the game in Montreal, so no wonder they failed to show up for this one. Or maybe they really hate their dads.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yes, it’s inauthentic because they know they aren’t gonna learn shit from it, it happens all the time so they haven’t learned shit from it the past three seasons…and Sid says it a lot and know better lol
It amazes me how much people care about post game quotes from the coaches and players of this team. This organization is bullshit media-speak university. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Its one game and move on. Rakell helps the forward group and I do think Dubas knows no cap room, no help from the farm just is so limiting. He made his deals for this season and I have to think when healthy he likes the roster and chances. But if the pens are within a whistle of the wildcard he will do something to improve the roster. Sullivan to me is a goner after the season as Dubas turns his efforts to the next phase of the Pens rebuild.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

I doubt that . Ownership loves him and gave him an extension that didn't even start till next season.
We all know who keeps Sullivan nailed to the best seat in the house .....and it ain't the players

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Not to defend Kyle Calculations, but every GM since 2019 has assembled a disastrous bottom six. We all know what the common factor there is.
Todd Reirden?

This was from Martin Jones last night lol…par for the course all season: “They are a high-volume shot team,” Jones said to the Canadian Press. “They throw a lot of pucks on net. But there weren’t a lot of dangerous situations.”

also…please fire the damn coach already!

My poor eyes hurt and my brain is (probably perpetually) damaged from watching the Steelers and Penguins yesterday….honestly think the Pens may be worse…

if your name is Mike and you “coach” a Pittsburgh team, you’re on my shit list!!

Maybe we should hire Martin Jones as our coach since he seems to identify the problem with our offensive approach better than Sullivan does.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Imagine Martin Jones telling you that your team can't shoot. Holy f***, pack it up. :laugh:
The fact that a goalie who was playing in the AHL for most of the season can describe precisely what the issue with the Pens' offensive scheme is and our idiot coach has been using that for the past 5+ years to limited effect and won't change, speaks volumes about our idiot coach.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Guys I gotta level with ya'll...I've never been this disengaged with a Pens season for the past 2+ decades.

I've missed several games this year and I actually feel better for it. I've grown too tired with the Sullivan charade to be frustrated nightly.

Dubas doubling down recently on his love for Sullivan as a coach makes me more disinterested.

The Steelers and Pens have a complex with coaches that are stale and can't get it done. I'm exhausted with ownership not realizing where the major issues start.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Guys I gotta level with ya'll...I've never been this disengaged with a Pens season for the past 2+ decades.

I've missed several games this year and I actually feel better for it. I've grown too tired with the Sullivan charade to be frustrated nightly.

Dubas doubling down recently on his love for Sullivan as a coach makes me more disinterested.

The Steelers and Pens have a complex with coaches that are stale and can't get it done. I'm exhausted with ownership not realizing where the major issues start.
I left "hobby" and have been in "habit" for a long time now regarding this team. :laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Is there something in the drinking water in Pittsburgh? Frustration aside, it's kind of fascinating how obsessed the sports teams are with mediocre coaches who had success and treat them as if they're the greatest at their professions in league history.

Reactions: Flying Dego

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

imagine being so off the rails we call one of the best players of all time - a man who has won at literally every level (and played a key role in those wins) - inauthentic about anything winning/hockey related.

I get that you have a shtick to uphold, but sometimes you really gotta think before you post.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA

I disengaged with the Pens last season, because they went to **** in early 23. I re-engaged with the Dubas hiring and the Karlsson trade, but seeing what they are under this idiot staff, I'm done. I'll follow them, but I don't care and don't think they'll be anything more than a 30-35 win team this year and that isn't good enough.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Dubas has never fired a head coach even when it was plainly obvious that it should be done. Keefe bungled through so many playoff series that showed he was over his head and Dubas still kept him on. I don't think he is going to fire Sullivan any time soon. Sorry to break the news. He is very slow acting when it comes to the immediate needs of a team.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Thats because we are bitter and jilted. Dubas botched what should have been a dynasty. If i were to write a list of all the good players, prospects and draft capital that were pissed away under Dubas is would make even the worst Leaf hater feel nauseous.
The way that Leafs fans speak as though they were tragically robbed of a dynasty they simply deserved speaks volumes tbh.

Most GMs are lame. This fanbase is well acquainted with that fact. Get over it.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Thats because we are bitter and jilted. Dubas botched what should have been a dynasty. If i were to write a list of all the good players, prospects and draft capital that were pissed away under Dubas is would make even the worst Leaf hater feel nauseous.
Sarcasm or not? Often hard to tell with Leafs fans posts.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think this fanbase's pushback and shit-talk to Toronto fans when our organization is imploding is super try-hard and cringe.

Dubas has not done great here. I'm not trying to run him out of town but thus far he is nothing special.

Reactions: vodeni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad