Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Leafs: Spanking, Canada's revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Pitlick hasn't been recalled because he makes too much money. He has a $1.1 million cap hit while everyone else is at $775k to $825k or so. They are trying to maximize cap at the deadline to make potential acquisitions.

White was out injured until just recently. Same with Poulin.

There is literally no one else viable in WBS beyond those who were called up.
I'm already nervous of the possible stupidity that's coming in the next few weeks. Hopefully we know by then if were in or out for good!

Reactions: Gurglesons

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
This team would be much better with Granlund and Petry taking up more cap than EK does.

I dunno about Granlund though apparently he hasn't been anywhere near as bad with SJ as he was here last year.

Half this board (the half that needs an appointment with an eye doctor) will insist that EK is playing brilliantly and would be a mortal lock for 100 points again if only Sully weren't trying to make him play like Jack Johnson. EK has always been a defensive liability and always will be. Many people knew at the time of the trade and everyone knows now that EK was NOT what this team needed for 9M+ on the cap.

He was Dubie's Big Splashy High Profile Trade and that's all Dubie wanted to "establish" himself here in Pittsburgh after nothing but a bunch of mundane, ineffective Sully Signings for the bottom 6 and WBS.

If our 2nd & 3rd D pairings were:

Petts-Petry
Ludvig-Ruuta

Would we be SOOOO much worse off than we are with what we've got now? Would our PP be SOOOO much less awesome than it has been with EK if Letang were the #1 PPQB (brain farts and all)?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yeah totally!

This team would be much better with Granlund and Petry taking up more cap than EK does.
They
Yeah totally!

well depends what you mean by much better .
With Petry and Granlund they finished season with 91pts
Without them and add Karlsson team on pace for 82 pts.

and I dont like either Grandlund or Petry

But you take all three players you refer to and they have one thing in common .....they all seem to play worse under Sully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad