GDT: |Pens vs Isles|Feb 20th 1900hrs| Can we haz points please?

Can we haz points today?

• yes

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • no

Votes: 28 77.8%

• Total voters

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I love Sid's "ah f*** it I'm just gonna change" mentality this year. Doesn't matter if it's gonna lead to a 3 on 0 the other way, he'll go change if he's ready.

Jake needs to shoot that
Dishing off to Brian Dumoulin isn't a higher percentage play?

• Haha
Reactions: vodeni

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I actually thought Steigerwald was a way worse homer than Mears. Dude would go on for like an entire game about a call he didn't agree with or a call the Penguins didn't get. Plus there was the whole "not actually knowing what was going on and which player was which" thing. Which... maybe not good for a PBP guy.
kunitz was there

there’s pretending guys are playing well when they aren’t, etc., and then there’s just having obvious favorites who you personally know who you have to mention them being nearby on a goal they played 0 part in

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
I love Sid's "ah f*** it I'm just gonna change" mentality this year. Doesn't matter if it's gonna lead to a 3 on 0 the other way, he'll go change if he's ready.

Dishing off to Brian Dumoulin isn't a higher percentage play?
LOL

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's weird because if you go back and listen to when Steiggy was a color guy, he was much better at that and he was even occasionally insightful.

He dialed up the homerness a million percent when he became a play by play guy for some reason

It's because he had Lange with him back in the day and Lange's best quality... despite being known for his goofy saying... was calling an accurate, objective and insightful game while keeping up with the action second to second and not rambling about like... his soup he had to return at TGI Fridays or whatever inane crap Steigerwald would drone on and on about while there was a game happening. So I think that tempered Steigerwald's natural amateur fanboyish approach.

Reactions: Pancakes

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
kunitz was there

there’s pretending guys are playing well when they aren’t, etc., and then there’s just having obvious favorites who you personally know who you have to mention them being nearby on a goal they played 0 part in

lol oh man that was an all-time Staggy moment. Well that and the whole Hobey Baker thing.

Reactions: Fordy

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Ruhwedel didn’t even angle his stick lol. He has the offensive instincts of a 7 year old.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
VPuwonm.gif

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Puck support is like non existent in Penguins Hockey.

“Penguins Hockey - If you know what it is, let us know”

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Ah yes the Carter line out yet again after a goal for. I love your deployments Sully. Love. Them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad