GDT: |Pens vs Isles|Feb 20th 1900hrs| Can we haz points please?

Can we haz points today?

• yes

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • no

Votes: 28 77.8%

• Total voters

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
When's the last time the Penguins won a game against an opponant they were remotely in any kind of ACTUAL competetion with? Like a month? Maybe they're due for that rando good performance?

"Hey there's a seemingly random chance we have a game where we meet expectations."

There's a team motto a guy can get behind!
Even if the Pens manage to win, it'll probably be a shootout win where we give the Isles a point after leading 5-2 going into the third.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Even if the Pens manage to win, it'll probably be a shootout win where we give the Isles a point after leading 5-2 going into the third.

Yeah after a true horror-show of an OT. And they'll have to go through like most of the teams-worth of shooters because each side's players are either phoning in their attempts or playing it safe.

And I used to LIKE the shootout and the idea of a 3 on 3 OT, too. This league/coaches eventually ruin everything, man.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
This sucks. One cool thing living on the west coast is having these games as an excuse to quit work a bit early. Now I'm actually thinking, I'd rather prepare these goddamn tax returns than subject myself to the frustration of watching Penguin hockey. I don't enjoy when the Pens have leads. I dislike our power plays, and I leave the room if we get a 5 on 3. Shootouts suck. @Pens x has become a sage. The joy has been sucked out, yet we're still a WC team. I think I may need a timeout.

Reactions: Andy99

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
I want a big shake up, mainly because it’s been so boring watching them play. Happy Sid and Geno still racking up points though.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
This sucks. One cool thing living on the west coast is having these games as an excuse to quit work a bit early. Now I'm actually thinking, I'd rather prepare these goddamn tax returns than subject myself to the frustration of watching Penguin hockey. I don't enjoy when the Pens have leads. I dislike our power plays, and I leave the room if we get a 5 on 3. Shootouts suck. @Pens x has become a sage. The joy has been sucked out, yet we're still a WC team. I think I may need a timeout.
We're a textbook bubble team. Median in almost all core categories in the league.
Most of the board can't handle the adjustment, so you're hardly alone.

There's a rebuild coming though, so at least they're easing us into the falling standards. We're definitely gonna have a lot of people here jumping ship during those years.

Still Apps

The New Gig
Jan 10, 2012
Home
Found a reason to watch tonight's impending disaster: with a 3 point night Geno will tie Vincent Damphousse for 49th all-time in NHL points.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
We're a textbook bubble team. Median in almost all core categories in the league.
Most of the board can't handle the adjustment, so you're hardly alone.

There's a rebuild coming though, so at least they're easing us into the falling standards. We're definitely gonna have a lot of people here jumping ship during those years.
I went to my first game at the Igloo in 1984. My NFL team is Miami, MLB is Cincinnati. I know pain.

• Love
Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Barzal is always a non-factor against us anyway.

It's Lee. Nelson. PAHHJJJOHH. Matt Martin looks like Carl Hagelin had a kid with Tom Wilson when he plays us. Team eats our lunch for no reason at all.

iu

I am not a very superstitious guy, but dont be Mears/Errey like on this.

Last game Errey was all about Brock Nelson “big streak going, he’s been quiet here, haven’t noticed him at all…”. Bam, hattrick.

Same with Mears. “X team hasn’t scored on the PP for Y amount of games… ups goal.”

I swear it is like clockwork and it brings me into @Andy99 ’s world. I don’t want to be there!

Todays result will be positive. Either because we win or because management is pushed further into needed decision territory. I cannot actively root for the later, but it remains there as a juicy consolation.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'd rather hear Moose mating calls for 3hrs than hear Mears and his dipshit voice and moronic comments for an entire game.
Hate him that much? I don't mind him really. He's definitely better than Steiggy by like a million percent.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Hate him that much? I don't mind him really. He's definitely better than Steiggy by like a million percent.
can they both be awful? Mears is just annoying for his unwavering attempt to show positive side even the game is in shit...just call what you see, and since unlike @Tender Rip I already live in @Andy99 world I cringe everytime he brings something positive cause that is a kiss of death for sure

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Being bland and being like a goofy guy prone to meme's of poor taste still counts as entertainment.

Mears has time to up his game, but I'm sure he doesn't drink or anything. He's like the Crosby of play by play.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Being bland and being like a goofy guy prone to meme's of poor taste still counts as entertainment.

Mears has time to up his game, but I'm sure he doesn't drink or anything. He's like the Crosby of play by play.

Being a little boring doesn't seem like such a bad thing after dealing with Steiggy for years tbh. And Errey adds enough color for me
can they both be awful? Mears is just annoying for his unwavering attempt to show positive side even the game is in shit...just call what you see, and since unlike @Tender Rip I already live in @Andy99 world I cringe everytime he brings something positive cause that is a kiss of death for sure

Mears is pretty relentlessly positive, that's true.

If you want the negativity you can always turn on the radio and hear the ole 29er ripping guys. I actually like him a lot but he's got a big time negative streak at times lol

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

I actually thought Steigerwald was a way worse homer than Mears. Dude would go on for like an entire game about a call he didn't agree with or a call the Penguins didn't get. Plus there was the whole "not actually knowing what was going on and which player was which" thing. Which... maybe not good for a PBP guy.

Reactions: Fordy

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Being a little boring doesn't seem like such a bad thing after dealing with Steiggy for years tbh. And Errey adds enough color for me

Mears is pretty relentlessly positive, that's true.

If you want the negativity you can always turn on the radio and hear the ole 29er ripping guys. I actually like him a lot but he's got a big time negative streak at times lol
I don't want positivity or negativity...I want facts and savy analysis of what we all are watching...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I actually thought Steigerwald was a way worse homer than Mears. Dude would go on for like an entire game about a call he didn't agree with or a call the Penguins didn't get. Plus there was the whole "not actually knowing what was going on and which player was which" thing. Which... maybe not good for a PBP guy.
It's weird because if you go back and listen to when Steiggy was a color guy, he was much better at that and he was even occasionally insightful.

He dialed up the homerness a million percent when he became a play by play guy for some reason

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad