GDT: |Pens vs Isles|Feb 20th 1900hrs| Can we haz points please?

Can we haz points today?

• yes

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • no

Votes: 28 77.8%

• Total voters

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
penguin-madagascar.gif

vs

hawaii.gif

GAME 56 | FEB. 20
PIT: 27-19-9 (63 pts) | NYI: 28-24-7 (63 pts)
7:00 PM ET | PPG PAINTS ARENA
WATCH: ATTSN (LOCAL), ESPN+ (NATIONAL) | LISTEN: 105.9 The X, Penguins Radio Network

GAME PREVIEW

The Penguins continue along their three-game homestand with a visit from the New York Islanders at PPG Paints Arena. The Penguins are 4-2-1 in their last seven games against the Islanders. Going back further, the Penguins are 8-3-1 in their last 12 games against the Islanders. Here at home, they have won five straight games, and have points in seven-consecutive contests against New York (6-0-1). Pittsburgh has just four regulation losses in its last 19 matchups versus New York dating back to Nov. 1, 2018 (11-4-4). Pittsburgh has wins in four of its last six home games overall (4-2-0) and has just three regulation losses at home in the 2023 calendar year (5-3-0).​

Jaromir-Jagr-Penguins-1-575x411.jpg

QUICK HITS

Pittsburgh's five game home winning streak against the Islanders is its fourth longest home winning streak against one team behind Columbus (12), Ottawa (11) and Arizona (8).
Evgeni Malkin's two-point effort on Saturday night moved him into sole possession of 50th place on the NHL's all-time points list (1,202).
Jake Guentzel has 25 shots over his last six games. Since that stretch began on Feb. 7, only Nathan MacKinnon (35), Connor McDavid (31), Timo Meier (26) and Sam Reinhart (26) have more shots than him.
Jason Zucker has 20 points (7G-13A) in 26 games at home compared to 12 points (7G-5A) in 25 road contests.
Pittsburgh's power play has scored in four of the last five home games, and is operating at 41.2% (7/17) in that span which dates back to Jan. 20.

FfhYxGiWYAI7ljw

sub-jp-burger-2-popup.jpg

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
My prediction:

-The Pens will blow a lead, perhaps multiple leads just to keep things interesting
-The 3rd line again will give up 2 goals
Pens will "dominate" early but only come away with a 1 or 2-goal lead, then the Pens will implode in the third and lose without even getting a point.

I feel like that happened recently, but I can't quite put my finger on when, or against who.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Win or lose, Hextall won’t do a damn thing about it, so win.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Barzal is always a non-factor against us anyway.

It's Lee. Nelson. PAHHJJJOHH. Matt Martin looks like Carl Hagelin had a kid with Tom Wilson when he plays us. Team eats our lunch for no reason at all.

iu
Barzal was quite good last game and the primary reason the Isles clawed their way back into it.

Reactions: vodeni

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Barzal is always a non-factor against us anyway.

It's Lee. Nelson. PAHHJJJOHH. Matt Martin looks like Carl Hagelin had a kid with Tom Wilson when he plays us. Team eats our lunch for no reason at all.

iu

Working a Hagelin shout-out in a Barzal-related post was a nice touch haha

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
What's the over/under on how many minutes Jarry plays before he leaves and mysteriously disappears for another month
If he does disappear for sometime regarding another injury, he can kiss his extension goodbye.

Time for us to find our new #1.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
What's the over/under on how many minutes Jarry plays before he leaves and mysteriously disappears for another month

Makes it the whole first period. Last 3 minutes of play is nothing but commentary on how that looked like a strange play back there and he seems to be looking towards the bench. Doesn't come out for the 2nd.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Makes it the whole first period. Last 3 minutes of play is nothing but commentary on how that looked like a strange play back there and he seems to be looking towards the bench. Doesn't come out for the 2nd.
The winter classic repeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad