Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Habs | loss | Couldnt buy a goal, Carter sucks, Petry bad game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Friendly reminder from the Admins:

As we enter the home stretch and playoff season I just want to get a reminder through both to mods and posters in the team boards.

"If you troll an opponents or rival teams boards whether through posts, reacts or cross board quoting posts/cross board notifications, you will be warned and forum banned."

If we can be consitent on this, there will be zero tolerance on this because once one side does it the other side think they can too.

Any questions or querries, don't hesitaite to ask.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Look Hextall just is a lousy GM after that TDL. Jarry is not 100% and Pens are starting to show the wear and tear of the seasons grind. This was a year that with smart moves the Pens could have been in good shape. Look whatever happens Hextall has to go and the roster has to be reshaped. Plus a new GM has to be able to fire sully if he pulls this I won't play guys who bring toughness and won't fit my smurf system. Pens with a smart GM can fix most of this crap in the off season but it will take a GM who wants to be far more balance and physicality next year.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I disagree. I think they'll miss now. They are mentally fragile and have been for years.
And Florida, Buffalo, Ottawa don't have serious problems?

1678847847757.png

Who pushes Pitt out then?

1678848056649.png

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Our bottom six is so bad Sullivan player DOC 15 minutes.
Earliest he's shortened the bench in a long time. Archibald and Heinen had four total shifts over the final two periods. Carter had three shifts in each.

I do think the leash is getting shorter with some of these guys, including Carter. I'm not confident that Carter will be a scratch, though, when Poehling is healthy.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
The funny thing is I've been saying the same thing about Sullivan's usage of Carter (even using the "stop playing him like he's our Patrice Bergeron) for months while the local media said nothing about it and just kept defending Sullivan and blaming Hextall.

They're basically saying the stuff WE have seen from basically October and acting like they're breaking news that no one sees as an issue until now.
Not defending the local media, but I don't think that people like Dejan or Rossi are suggesting that they're providing earth shattering news.

They just have greater patience than fans. They're not going to turn up the heat on anyone in October. Hell, most of them are still paying attention to the Steelers in October.

They're turning up the heat now because it's the stretch run. All eyes are on the Penguins now, which leads to greater scrutiny.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Earliest he's shortened the bench in a long time. Archibald and Heinen had four total shifts over the final two periods. Carter had three shifts in each.

I do think the leash is getting shorter with some of these guys, including Carter. I'm not confident that Carter will be a scratch, though, when Poehling is healthy.
Carter -4everz, how can you scratch that?

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018

Heinen will be the scratch, because he's not trusted to PK as a regular for some reason and has the shortest leash of all Penguins for poor play.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I was one of the first to start screaming how terrible is JC and how bad his middle pivot position make this team, however, it has been another easy pick now to divert the attention from other issues...Its not his fault he is shoved in a role he can't play anymore...he is also running a bad luck streak...it would help if big game rust start being more productive, and if we can get something more from the third line other taht little bit of hussle..

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
1678848916648.png

This shit drives me nuts. These D-men have been playing hockey since Kindergarten.
Dumoulin has the front of the net secured. The Pens are FINE. They have Montreal on the perimeter.

1678849142903.png

Then Dumoulin's completely behind the net a few seconds later, leaving the net front totally exposed. He started gliding towards that Hab behind the net before the puck even got there.
If he literally just plants himself in front of Jarry then nothing happens on this play.

Any time I've seen the Pens diligently position themselves in the danger zone all game, they come out with a good defensive night.
But yet, this garbage keeps happening to professionals.

Even if Dumo has to go behind the net, he needs to communicate to Carter to replace him in that spot. Carter can't be expected to just know Dumo's gonna bail.
Plus it's Carter's job to telescope out to the point men quickly when the puck goes there, so they can't just walk in for a dangerous shot. He shouldn't be asked to do Dumo's job.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
A quick 2-0 was the worst that could happen. They honestly expected to cruise to an easy victory.

Could have been an easy 2 points.

Now we need to replace them with harder to earn points. I don’t know why we always do this to ourselves.

Granlund? Sorry but not worth 5M!

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The funny thing is I've been saying the same thing about Sullivan's usage of Carter (even using the "stop playing him like he's our Patrice Bergeron) for months while the local media said nothing about it and just kept defending Sullivan and blaming Hextall.

They're basically saying the stuff WE have seen from basically October and acting like they're breaking news that no one sees as an issue until now.
Lol, you don't think Penguins beat writers come here to get ideas and reactions and thoughts? Pshhhh.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hextall and Sullivan are trash. These two idiots stole years away from Geno and Sid. It’s a shame that it took so many so long to see it. Hopefully FSG wakes up soon.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

metalan2

May 30, 2008
In a season full of bad losses, this one is the worst of them. Still happening this late in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad