Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Habs | loss | Couldnt buy a goal, Carter sucks, Petry bad game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Friendly reminder from the Admins:

As we enter the home stretch and playoff season I just want to get a reminder through both to mods and posters in the team boards.

"If you troll an opponents or rival teams boards whether through posts, reacts or cross board quoting posts/cross board notifications, you will be warned and forum banned."

If we can be consitent on this, there will be zero tolerance on this because once one side does it the other side think they can too.

Any questions or querries, don't hesitaite to ask.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I hope the media turns up the heat on Sullivan with this. It might not get him to change anything, but he needs to answer for it

I was just thinking...

"What is more cringe-worthy? When Bylsma trotted Tanner Glass out on the ice with Sid and Kunitz to start the game or when Sullivan trots Carter out there at any point?"

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Can someone please explain what in the hell Joseph was doing on the last Montreal goal? If not for Carter, Petry and Jarry, we'd be talking about how bad Joseph was in this game
Watching the puck up ice instead of tracking his man and backing up.
In fairness it's a low percentage long range pass that almost always gets picked off. Joseph lunged for it and missed, leaving the dude all alone.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
1678846269803.png

Good god Carter...

That would get DOC or Nylander sent down, never to be seen again.

Expect Carter to see 8:00 in NYC on Thursday.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
How about you take a frozen puck to the bare knee?

Smith is still hurt. He's out likely for the rest of the season with facial fractures.

Oh relax, I was kidding about Rutta deserving to be blamed for getting hurt. With Petry's semi-benching, we were actually down to 3 1/2 NHL-caliber defensemen. Bad time for Rutta to get injured. Kulikov too.

And so Friedman goes in instead of Smith (along with Ruhwedel) when we get to New York.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Here's the excuse - not enough intense practices because of the schedule. Granted, it is condensed and the NHLPA mandates teams take time days off.

But either Jarry needs to suck it up or maybe the Penguins should have sent him on a conditioning assignment to WBS.

He used the same excuse 2 games ago when Jarry sucked. But he practiced Saturday and played Sunday and did well against the Rangers…he practiced at the morning skate…the explanation at this point that he needs more f***ing practice is just f**king bullshit and rings hollow…coach is covering for something

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Y'know, I'm going to back off the -4 a bit. It looks like the actual shots allowed while he was on the ice was only 5. And 4 went in. I'm not saying he didn't suck out loud, but that's a pretty solid yowza and not just for Mr. Carter.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's not just whether he's directly responsible, though. Every line he touches tanks and can't get out of its own zone. Heinen and Archibald didn't play well tonight, either, but they've at least showed flashes lately.

The first one they were not even in their zone, and a bad outlet pass turnover. 2nd one is on Crosby's unit. 3rd is a PK that ended and the player (O'Connor) came back into the play and Carter took the front of the net, but he was too far out, and the 3 Pens lost Gurianov off the wall, not really much he could do there either. But that's the one play I consider he should have helped out. Blown coverage just after the PK ended off the wall. 4th is a faceoff loss for a blast from the point. 5th is on POJ, they were in the offensive zone. They were in the D-zone for two and one was off the end of a PK to 5 on 5.

Not really seeing it.

Dinfire

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
The Penguins are going to miss the playoffs because of this loss. They will get swept in regulation by the rangers and then who knows, but I am going into root against them mode, since we cannot risk keeping hextall or Silly around next year. Maybe possibly get a ntop ten pick if they go into free fall mode.
They're going to make the playoffs. The truth is the NHL is a garbage league just like the NFL. A handful of good teams and the rest could finish 6th or 30th. None of the teams below them are making a move. They'll finish with the 8th seed and get swept by the Bruins.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
They're going to make the playoffs. The truth is the NHL is a garbage league just like the NFL. A handful of good teams and the rest could finish 6th or 30th. None of the teams below them are making a move. They'll finish with the 8th seed and get swept by the Bruins.
I disagree. I think they'll miss now. They are mentally fragile and have been for years.

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
It would be fitting if this underachieving team goes into their last three games needing just one point to clinch a playoff spot, and loses in regulation to Detroit, Chicago and Columbus.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
If we had otherwise been a good team this season, we would/should probably be talking about how some nights the stars are just aligned against you in this game.

5 on 5 goal scoring chances we were 40-15, HD such 21-6. Totals read 51-17 and 23-7.
To lose 6-4 in such a scenario is really absurd. Montreal scored on virtually everything, and I think in isolation, the worst goal against was actually on Casey. Itself a bit of a marvel by a player I'd never heard about before tonight. Then we have guys say that it was POJ's fault... I mean a bomb of a pass and a god-like reception, before shooting over the goalies left shoulder... he'll make that play 1 out of a 100.

Even Carter, who absolutely does suck, its not like he made major mistakes that led to goals against in this one.

But we have not been a good team, and goal tending, bottom 6 and nauseating defensive coverage aren't new issues.
L1 dominating shots without getting it done isn't new, less so with this configuration. L2 having dominant spells without converting isn't new either.

What really disappoints me is that we got this game back to 4-4 despite the objective lack of luck, against a poor ass team that got whipped the night before, and we couldn't will it in the third when we have a lot to play for and they don't. That's on everybody.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I hope the media turns up the heat on Sullivan with this. It might not get him to change anything, but he needs to answer for it

The funny thing is I've been saying the same thing about Sullivan's usage of Carter (even using the "stop playing him like he's our Patrice Bergeron) for months while the local media said nothing about it and just kept defending Sullivan and blaming Hextall.

They're basically saying the stuff WE have seen from basically October and acting like they're breaking news that no one sees as an issue until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad