Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Habs | loss | Couldnt buy a goal, Carter sucks, Petry bad game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Friendly reminder from the Admins:

As we enter the home stretch and playoff season I just want to get a reminder through both to mods and posters in the team boards.

"If you troll an opponents or rival teams boards whether through posts, reacts or cross board quoting posts/cross board notifications, you will be warned and forum banned."

If we can be consitent on this, there will be zero tolerance on this because once one side does it the other side think they can too.

Any questions or querries, don't hesitaite to ask.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If Carter actually is dogging it, this locker room won't let it stand. I know we all joke about the country club and effort, but let's be honest - There are numerous stories about Sid's intensity in practice, let alone during games. Malkin is passionate. Letang is a workout freak.

They may not be confrontational about it, but if someone is coasting at this point in the season, the displeasure will be known.
I'd like to think so but what I'm watching Jeff Carter do...

Remember Matt Cullen? He had lost a step or two at the end. Still battled his ass off every shift and was useful because of that.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

Remember Matt Cullen? He had lost a step or two at the end. Still battled his ass off every shift and was useful because of that.
Carter is no Cullen, that's for sure.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
That's what happens when you suck for a long time. You don't enjoy the game anymore and the effort level dips.
In his defense he was put in a pretty shitty position this year.

We could see in the 3rd that he can skate pretty well still when he really wants to. Probably was faster than Sid's top speed on that backcheck late.
I'm sure there's confidence issues going on there. He's a proud athlete. He's been an elite player in the league. It's gotta hurt him mentally to play like this.

So f***ing coach him. Scratch him and let him get his head on straight.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

This version of Carter is the worst individual regular player the Pens have iced since 2006.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I got Carter for one gaff not taking Gurianov, the rest isn't on him...other than being your whippingboy.
It's not just whether he's directly responsible, though. Every line he touches tanks and can't get out of its own zone. Heinen and Archibald didn't play well tonight, either, but they've at least showed flashes lately.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Wasn’t liked enough in the room and apparently that’s all that matters.
Oh wait, no, no, no, that's not what I'm saying AT ALL. TB f***ing stunk here. He 100% should have been out the door regardless if was the prom king or the biggest loser in the locker room. 100% happy he's gone.
Think of all the little boys and girls out there who want to be post-game analysts but they have a really fat neck for no reason. Colby Armstrong is an inspiration to them.
Don't have to be well-spoken or good-looking...get an analyst job for NHL team.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Here's the excuse - not enough intense practices because of the schedule. Granted, it is condensed and the NHLPA mandates teams take time days off.

But either Jarry needs to suck it up or maybe the Penguins should have sent him on a conditioning assignment to WBS.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Here's the excuse - not enough intense practices because of the schedule. Granted, it is condensed and the NHLPA mandates teams take time days off.

But either Jarry needs to suck it up or maybe the Penguins should have sent him on a conditioning assignment to WBS.

Yeah that’s just too bad so sad for Jarry. Suck it up or lose your spot and ultimately lose a bunch of money on your next contract. I wonder at this point with this bum if he just flat out doesn’t care. Not like arrogant, Devin Bush style, but like just too laid back and not invested enough.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I'm sure there's confidence issues going on there. He's a proud athlete. He's been an elite player in the league. It's gotta hurt him mentally to play like this.

So f***ing coach him. Scratch him and let him get his head on straight.
Should have given him some O-zone starts and different linemates earlier in the year. Could have given him Nylander and Puustinen or something.
Do something to get him a goal or two for confidence. Could have even used him as a net front on PP1 when it was bad. He's actually done a really nice job on PP2.

He's a guy that used to be a huge goal scorer, asked to play like Blueger now. It must be tough to find the motivation at this age and in this situation.

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
O. But that is where you are so wrong my friend. Sully can and will trot him out in the same role game in and game out.

I dont believe there will ever be a day Carter is scratched. It's as bad as I've ever seen it...
O, but that is where you're wrong my friend. Sully dropped Carter to the 4th line and cut his minutes in half.

Unfortunately, this is as close to getting scratched Carter will ever be, lol.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
true but 4;4 against exhausted Canadiens going into third you got to win the game, someone needs to score,
How is it that our at supposed playoff team crumbles nearly every time it's in the situation of the bottom dwelling Habs, but somehow the bottom-dwelling Habs managed to hold the Pens scoreless in the third.

At least we didn't blow a second or third-period lead.

I bet we crushed them on expected goals.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
The biggest minus of all tonight might belong to Jan Rutta, who allowed some powder puff shot to injure him and forced us to play with 4 1/2 defensemen the rest of the way. If he is hurt enough to go on IR, get Ty Smith up here immediately (unless HE'S still hurt) and play him with Chad Freakin' Ruhwedel if necessary.

Not that it matters too much though -- if Kulikov and Rutta, as bland as they may be, are still out come playoff time and our bottom paring defensemen in the playoffs is comprised of POJ, Ruh or Smith we are in a very deep world of shit.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
The biggest minus of all tonight might belong to Jan Rutta, who allowed some powder puff shot to injure him and forced us to play with 4 1/2 defensemen the rest of the way. If he is hurt enough to go on IR, get Ty Smith up here immediately (unless HE'S still hurt) and play him with Chad Freakin' Ruhwedel if necessary.

Not that it matters too much though -- if Kulikov and Rutta, as bland as they may be, are still out come playoff time and our bottom paring defensemen in the playoffs is comprised of POJ, Ruh or Smith we are in a very deep world of shit.
How about you take a frozen puck to the bare knee?

Smith is still hurt. He's out likely for the rest of the season with facial fractures.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
Can someone please explain what in the hell Joseph was doing on the last Montreal goal? If not for Carter, Petry and Jarry, we'd be talking about how bad Joseph was in this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad