Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Cats| Loss | Save 15% or more of mistakes by switching from Letang

We should:

• Total voters

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Decent game, crowd was a letdown compared to the last game and I actually think that sucked a little life out of the Pens.

Florida definitely has another gear and style, not sure the Pens could match either.

Wish the Pens would inject something in the lineup to spark, but their record deems any change unnecessary.

I definitely heard some boos.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Tonight’s performance makes you wonder whether the players were distracted by something. Maybe like the reading champion? Kind of wish he didn’t make his presence known with a large sign that read “READING CHAMPION”.

When my large son read that sign , he looked at me and asked “Dad, do you think I could be a reading champion?”

I said “son, you can’t even spell your name right.

Reactions: dogthateats

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
You can't play with Evgeni Malkin and attempt one shot all game. Man, that is mailing it in against one of the top teams in the league.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
1-1-1 against Tampa, Carolina, Florida. That’s exactly what I would expect right now, so whatever.

except…it’s not good enough…
Penguins were 5-2-1 in 2021 against the 7 East Playoff teams
Penguins are 3-3-2 in 2022 against the 7 East Playoff teams
8-6-3 on the season. Since there are no loser points in the playoffs, in theory, they are 8-9 on the season against those teams.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I imagine Kapanen gets traded before the deadline. Don’t see us doing much else and honestly that’s probably the right move.

I'd probably take it a little further than just, Kapanen. Just one body out and one in isn't going to make them hum.

I'd do two of Kapanen, E-rod, Heinen, Simon and ZAR for a real shakeup. Scorer and some fresh legs/mojo/bite.

Very stale.

Reactions: Andy99

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
When my large son read that sign , he looked at me and asked “Dad, do you think I could be a reading champion?”

I said “son, you can’t even spell your name right.
Brother, I am not trying to tell you how to be a Dad, but you have to try to encourage Breighdon to achieve great feats by getting him off the Xbox and into a great book! Just my OPINION!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Better than our play of late deserves actually. The walls arent collapsing in on us, but the roof is starting to crack for sure.

Why though? If this team meets Florida in the playoffs they are the favorite. If this team meets Tampa or Carolina they are the favorite. Anyone else I can see PIT maybe being the favorite but we aren’t a sure thing.

PIT ain’t the best team in the league. We can play like it, but honestly the best team in the league rarely wins the cup.

And that’s why Hextall and Burkie’s approach makes sense. If a deal that makes 100% sense falls in our lap do it, otherwise why invest in changing a team that runs hit and cold?

Reactions: lucasjb

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I give up if the line is ZMK instead of Heinen and Zucker.

I think Kap might actually be toast soon. I agree with pixies. Unlike your ERods, Carters, ZARs and Simons I don't think Sullivan is a huge fan AND he's cratering.

I have major reservations about trying Zucker with Malkin again in general.... unless a move is made to put a way better fit on that other wing to help counter-balance Zucker's uh... deficiencies. Plus dude will be coming off a pretty major injury. Seems dicey at best.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If Letang walks, the era's over. He's not replaceable imo. I mean, if we bomb out again in the 1st or 2nd round, the era's over anyway practically speaking, but like, if we lose Letang and have to rebuild the blueline without him--donezo.

That being said, I'm ambivalent when it comes to re-signing him. In no way do I wanna see us offer him anything remotely close to the batshit, $9 million AAV for 7 years or whatever Montreal's probably ready to throw at him if he reaches FA.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
If Letang walks, the era's over. He's not replaceable imo. I mean, if we bomb out again in the 1st or 2nd round, the era's over anyway practically speaking, but like, if we lose Letang and have to rebuild the blueline without him--donezo.

That being said, I'm ambivalent when it comes to re-signing him. In no way do I wanna see us offer him anything remotely close to the batshit, $9 million AAV for 7 years or whatever Montreal's probably ready to throw at him if he reaches FA.

Annual reminder that we won a Cup without Letang. Great player but the team will go on without him, and so will the era. I've found that people who are seen as irreplaceable always get replaced, eventually, and life goes on.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Kap might actually be toast soon. I agree with pixies. Unlike your ERods, Carters, ZARs and Simons I don't think Sullivan is a huge fan AND he's cratering.

I have major reservations about trying Zucker with Malkin again in general.... unless a move is made to put a way better fit on that other wing to help counter-balance Zucker's uh... deficiencies. Plus dude will be coming off a pretty major injury. Seems dicey at best.

Eh I feel like Zucker on Malkin's wing isn't nearly as big of an issue as it may seem. Zucker on Malkin's wing now is like Kunitz on Malkin's wing in 2017. It's not ideal, but if you have the right guy opposite of him, it's not a problem.

If you put this Kapanen on a line with Zucker and Malkin.....just send a "see you later" postcard to Geno for when he rage quits the team after the season :laugh:

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
I'd probably take it a little further than just, Kapanen. Just one body out and one in isn't going to make them hum.

I'd do two of Kapanen, E-rod, Heinen, Simon and ZAR for a real shakeup. Scorer and some fresh legs/mojo/bite.

Very stale.

The best word to describe this team is stale. Thanks for the memories but this team has become the Steelers…… good regular season squad that won’t win a playoff matchup.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
One thing to keep in mind - as much as everyone wants a move of some sort NOW, it's actually prudent to wait as close to the deadline as possible with players on injured reserve so as to maximize your potential cap space.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Eh I feel like Zucker on Malkin's wing isn't nearly as big of an issue as it may seem. Zucker on Malkin's wing now is like Kunitz on Malkin's wing in 2017. It's not ideal, but if you have the right guy opposite of him, it's not a problem.

If you put this Kapanen on a line with Zucker and Malkin.....just send a "see you later" postcard to Geno for when he rage quits the team after the season :laugh:

Oh for sure. That's what I'm trying to say (probably badly)... I think Zucker could be fine BUT there has to be another guy opposite him that absolutely is not on this team right now, IMO.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad