Post-Game Talk: |Pens vs Cats| Loss | Save 15% or more of mistakes by switching from Letang

We should:

• Total voters

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I’ve been on Florida’s dick all year and I didn’t really see them taking it to us tonight.

Just looked like the patented Penguins not giving a shit to structure or second efforts.

Carter is becoming a real issue though.

They took it to the Pens in how you win games, give no space and take advantage of your chances.

Reactions: Andy99

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Decent game, crowd was a letdown compared to the last game and I actually think that sucked a little life out of the Pens.

Florida definitely has another gear and style, not sure the Pens could match either.

Wish the Pens would inject something in the lineup to spark, but their record deems any change unnecessary.

Reactions: Darren McCord

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
We played good 2nd, but when I say we that meant GCR and Geno, and we kept balance...the only thing that dissapoints me at this point is that they have not really throw a good fight in the third..
also our defense is in trouble with Letang and Dumoling being bad defensively playing all these minutes...

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Florida’s a better team. Can’t get too angry about that.

right…I just wish the FO would recognize this and the coaches make better adjustments to put the team in the best position to win…as I’ve said before, we’re just going nowhere again in the POs playing Sully’s system against faster teams like CAR and FLA…we need to mix in some NZ trap when we play these teams…pull a Trotz game out…we’re not going to be able to replace all our bottom nine wingers lol

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
We could learn a thing or two from a real champion. Have the reading champion deliver a speech to the troops. His reading will inspire

Reactions: dogthateats

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Not to jump on a bandwagon but Letang struggled tonight. Needs to be better.

L1 gave up some but they were the only line ready to play the game and no one else came close the rest of the game. I'm wary of their defense but fact is they were really going tonight.

We're better than we showed tonight but L2 experiment with Kapanen needs to end. I'm for putting Carter there, despite what somebody said in the other thread, it's pretty absurd to discount a Heinen-Malkin-Carter line on 2-3 games when Kapanen has had weeks and weeks of nothing while playing with our second best center. Time's up, try something else. The guy is an empty jersey. If you're not scoring you better be skating like a madman, fighting in the corners, going to the net. He does none of it. He's got no confidence so it's making him worse than he is but we don't have time to hope this guy gets going.

L3 doesn't do much, Carter flies in once in a while but need more from them.

Nothing much has changed, this team isn't talented enough to not play on all cylinders. Lines can't take nights off, and key secondary scorers can't be empty jerseys. When we're all hands on deck we can beat anyone. I'd like to see us move Kapanen for a better fit.

Oh, and FLA is a damn good team. They're faster than all of our lines but the first line.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Full credit to Florida with their defensive sticks preventing zone entries, especially in the 3rd.
We didn't really deserve 3 goals. Two lucky bounces.

When the Pens don't manage the puck they look like trash.
not sure about that we had some great looks, its we just can't score, got some goals but its also through GCR...

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Also. Tampa is tied with Winnipeg, Devils just beat Avs, etc etc.

I’m not really worried about this team overall.
Exactly.

Could the roster use a few tweaks? Sure. But I'd rather it be surgical instead of just swinging for the biggest possible name. Find someone who brings something different to the table rather than another finesse winger.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
right…I just wish the FO would recognize this and the coaches make better adjustments to put the team in the best position to win…as I’ve said before, we’re just going nowhere again in the POs playing Sully’s system against faster teams like CAR and FLA…we need to mix in some NZ trap when we play these teams…pull a Trotz game out…we’re not going to be able to replace all our bottom nine wingers lol
:thumbu:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Geno needs help. I know that gets said a billion times over on here but it's really glaring. He's obviously not what he once was(none of the big 3 are) but he still makes so many great little handsy plays with the puck out there that just get squandered.

It's so painfully obvious.

If the Pittsburgh media had a sack they'd be asking the Pens brass how long they intend to leave him on an island while Sid gets the team's two best wingers by a country mile.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Whoever we end up bringing in with the next big trade, be it this season or sometime in the future, I hope it's someone I have no desire to get or isn't anywhere on my radar. I was big into landing both Zucker and Kap and they're the f***ing hot garbage water that collects at the bottom of the dumpster in the summer. Absolutely awful, and we paid a premium for 'em. :laugh:

Reactions: Beau Knows

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Exactly.

Could the roster use a few tweaks? Sure. But I'd rather it be surgical instead of just swinging for the biggest possible name. Find someone who brings something different to the table rather than another finesse winger.

I don't see anyone suggesting we go for the biggest possible name.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's so painfully obvious.

If the Pittsburgh media had a sack they'd be asking the Pens brass how long they intend to leave him on an island while Sid gets the team's two best wingers by a country mile.

Well Crosby is the best player on the team so obviously he needs all the help.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad