We lost because:

• Kap sucks and our PK let us down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Ok. Just think you're picking at a scab when there's obvious gaping wounds.

Jarry has been played heavily so far this year and been our singular reason for our comfortable playoff spot. So I'll cut him some slack.
And until last game I would agree. But this is now several games in a row is GAA and his save percentage are dramatically lower than he's displayed for the better part of the year.[/QUOTE]

Maybe start DeSmith eh?

His increase in GA correlate with our atrocious turnovers and defensive zone coverage. So again I'd like to fix some real issues plaguing this team.

Reactions: The Old Master

TeeTee

Apr 20, 2016
I was happy that the plug Ovechkin didn’t go off against us. Dude is a straight passenger if he isn’t scoring goals.

Truth. His involvement in the flow of the game is nonexistant. He creates nothing. It has been this way for years, yet some people only watch the box score and see goals.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
the Caps goaltending was better…
Mate...that's a shit narrative. The movement the Caps had in our zone gave Jarry zero help with the defense he was and has been seeing in front of him the last few games.

It's like the haters will just manifest anything to tear down a lad.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
And until last game I would agree. But this is now several games in a row is GAA and his save percentage are dramatically lower than he's displayed for the better part of the year.

Maybe start DeSmith eh?

His increase in GA correlate with our atrocious turnovers and defensive zone coverage. So again I'd like to fix some real issues plaguing this team.[/QUOTE]
Of course we need to be better infront of Jarry. That said in each of last last few games the other goalie outplayed him. I think that's a very fair statement.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Great game. Not disappointed we lost. Kapanen is not living up to that contract. We are paying him too much. The team needs a break, hope they come back recharged. I can't complain about results, but unless a couple moves are made I still think we are a first or second round exit.
For sure.
Everyone knows come play
Off time ..... to beat the Pens - go heavy on, and eliminate Sids wingers (Rust and Guentzal) Done.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Standard game Vs the Caps. Grab a couple of leads, fail to close them out and the caps opportunistic and take their chances! I dont think we would beat the caps in playoff series, they have 2 goaltenders that are arguable better than Jarry who has zero success in previous playoffs. And what if Jarry gets injured? We have no backup at all if he falters or gets hurt.

We were lucky in the 1st period to not concede to the Caps PP when we had 11 failed weak clearance attempts, Boyle looks like he is moving in slow motion on that PK!

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We secured seven out of a possible twelve points on this home stand, that's not good enough.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Honestly, I can't put any blame on Kapanen for the game winner.

The Penguins had all three skaters back in the zone as the Capitals gained entry. Crosby was on Orlov, gave him lots of space, and then Orlov wheeled back and just beat Crosby to the slot and got the shot off.

Yeah, Kapanen had been on the ice for 56 seconds. But Crosby had been on for just 13. Crosby, who had a sensational game otherwise, got beat. He's human. But Kappy's the whipping boy because he had the turnover earlier.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
++++The ASB is here.

This team needs it. Something isn't clicking and the time off could do a world of good.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Maybe start DeSmith eh?

His increase in GA correlate with our atrocious turnovers and defensive zone coverage. So again I'd like to fix some real issues plaguing this team.
Of course we need to be better infront of Jarry. That said in each of last last few games the other goalie outplayed him. I think that's a very fair statement.[/QUOTE]

I'm ok saying the Caps goalie was better. But Jarry isn't playing awful, he's leveled out the last few games causing our warts to surface.

5v5 we are trash. Our defensive lapses are trash. The PP looks great but they still give up a breakaway goal.

Those issues are what concern me beyond tonight. Not Jarry. Get him a vet backup to help and we are fine there.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Honestly, Kapanen had a great game I thought. If you're coming to this PGT to dump on him, save yourself the trouble and don't embarrass yourself. He was all over the nice and had plenty of nice chances. Don't submit to group echo chambers.
Can't finish. A lot if motion though.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Mate...that's a shit narrative. The movement the Caps had in our zone gave Jarry zero help with the defense he was and has been seeing in front of him the last few games.

It's like the haters will just manifest anything to tear down a lad.

mate, I’m a huge fan of Jarry’s but I call it like I see it and the last several games he’s not been at his best…

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryder71

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
3M for no production is way too much in this cap environment. Almost as bad as the money is that he was supposed to be Malkin's winger, and he can't seem to play more than a period without being demoted.

I mean he is producing at what 3 million gets you. Not a huge fan of the player and with our cap structure our expectation is someone making that much is a net positive, but fair value for what he’s paid.

Reactions: Flying Dego

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Of course we need to be better infront of Jarry. That said in each of last last few games the other goalie outplayed him. I think that's a very fair statement.

I'm ok saying the Caps goalie was better. But Jarry isn't playing awful, he's leveled out the last few games causing our warts to surface.

5v5 we are trash. Our defensive lapses are trash. The PP looks great but they still give up a breakaway goal.

Those issues are what concern me beyond tonight. Not Jarry. Get him a vet backup to help and we are fine there.[/QUOTE]
If Jarry plays at this level we're not winning anything. Again, he's not the only reason we lost tonight. But if he plays well we win, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad