We lost because:

• Kap sucks and our PK let us down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
mate, I’m a huge fan of Jarry’s but at call it like I see it and the last several games he’s not been at his best…
Far from it. I can't think of one big save he made tonight can you?

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Honestly, I can't put any blame on Kapanen for the game winner.

The Penguins had all three skaters back in the zone as the Capitals gained entry. Crosby was on Orlov, gave him lots of space, and then Orlov wheeled back and just beat Crosby to the slot and got the shot off.

Yeah, Kapanen had been on the ice for 56 seconds. But Crosby had been on for just 13. Crosby, who had a sensational game otherwise, got beat. He's human. But Kappy's the whipping boy because he had the turnover earlier.

This is true.
My earlier post about Kapanen was not about the OT goal, for the record.

reino

Jul 20, 2019
Who gives a flying f*** about what Crosby did on 3on3? it's meaningless. Now that Rodrigues and Carter can't score anymore they have one good line and that's just not going to cut in the playoffs.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Give Sullivan all the coaches options that come with a full line up..... team starts to sputter. Seems to have been that way for quite some time now.

I don't think it's a Sully thing.

This bottom 2/3rds of this team has created a culture of stepping up and playing outside what you're normally capable of when the big guns are out, but then they slowly crawl back into their deferential shell once the big guns return. Every year we do this "omg so many guys injured so many man games lost how are they doing so good??????" and then they atrophy once guys come back.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Letang's gift is what cost the game. Zero reason to make that pass and a goal is a goal.
Letang has been a lot more sloppy with the puck of late no question.

It's good we get a break now. We're trending in the wrong direction. You can't win every game but losing four in a row against teams below you in the standings and at home is certainly troubling. I really believed we'd win tonight and stop the bleeding.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Even Juicy Saros had a 4 game stretch of not being stellar.

Vaselinesky had 3 meh games out of 4 as well.

But the difference is they bounced back and played better defense in front of their guy. This team has been a f***ing tire fire defensively for like a dozen games or so.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Who gives a flying f*** about what Crosby did on 3on3? it's meaningless. Now that Rodrigues and Carter can't score anymore they have one good line and that's just not going to cut in the playoffs.
Fortunately, the playoffs are months away...

Reactions: Ryder71

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Far from it. I can't think of one big save he made tonight can you?

Dudes carried this sorry bunch for half a season. Now he's playing average hockey. I mean come on we've seen some real ass performances in goal over the years.

His stop when Ovi walked Letang was a moment. His rebound control was good and he didn't look spastic. I don't know what you expect when the rest of the team is so far below acceptable.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
mate, I’m a huge fan of Jarry’s but at call it like I see it and the last several games he’s not been at his best…
Last 3-4 games he's looked exhausted trying to scramble to cover for the shit show in front of him in his zone. I'd say it's 15% his fault and 85% the team's.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Pens probably 2nd best team in division. Canes tops.
But if they into the play offs hot I like their chances.
However, it will take Hextall and Burke to make a significant contribution. I look at the group and see Carter added by them . Who else?
Watching the games and doing interviews is fine is all well and good. Last year. Time those two started to earn the fat pay cheques.
Anyone can ride rhe Crosby Malkin train into the ground.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Dudes carried this sorry bunch for half a season. Now he's playing average hockey. I mean come on we've seen some real ass performances in goal over the years.

His stop when Ovi walked Letang was a moment. His rebound control was good and he didn't look spastic. I don't know what you expect when the rest of the team is so far below acceptable.
You're right about his save on OV. But I disagree about him playing ''average'' hockey. It's been well below that of late. 11 goals in three games. And yes we haven't played as well in front of him. But that doesn't mean he can't step up and make some big saves. If you're honest about it he's been outplayed in net by the oppositions goalie.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Even Juicy Saros had a 4 game stretch of not being stellar.

Vaselinesky had 3 meh games out of 4 as well.

But the difference is they bounced back and played better defense in front of their guy. This team has been a f***ing tire fire defensively for like a dozen games or so.

People also overlook we pay him 3.5M a year and have gotten insane value this year. If he were making Vasi money then hell ya I'd be holding him to a super high standard nightly.

If your team is shit your goalie will get hung out to dry. It's really basic.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't think it's a Sully thing.

This bottom 2/3rds of this team has created a culture of stepping up and playing outside what you're normally capable of when the big guns are out, but then they slowly crawl back into their deferential shell once the big guns return. Every year we do this "omg so many guys injured so many man games lost how are they doing so good??????" and then they atrophy once guys come back.
And the coaching staff has to find a way to keep that into the healthy line ups. They can just observe like we do. Ha ! Time after time.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
You're right about his save on OV. But I disagree about him playing ''average'' hockey. It's been well below that of late. 11 goals in three games. And yes we haven't played as well in front of him. But that doesn't mean he can't step up and make some big saves. If you're honest about it he's been outplayed in net by the oppositions goalie.

Find me a goalie that doesn't get 'outplayed' for stretches during the season. I'm just saying the guy has been dumped a ton of responsibility to hold up others not carrying their weight-

He needs a vet to give him nights off. That's glaringly obvious.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
That's not the issue. The issue is if he'll mentally be there for the playoffs. He collapsed two ears ago after making the ASG as well. He had as bad of a playoffs as you can get. We need a capable backup as an insurance policy.

right. but you have to understand a goalie gets mentally fatigued as well. especially when things start going not great they can compound and getting a reduced workload while you physically and mentally reset helps quite a bit.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
right. but you have to understand a goalie gets mentally fatigued as well. especially when things start going not great they can compound and getting a reduced workload while you physically and mentally reset helps quite a bit.

Stop being so rational. Puck go in too much! Jarry bad!

Reactions: vikingGoalie

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Whinging about the goalie is such basic fandom.

I don't watch hockey to put it all down to the creepy dude in all the pads. Nor are we a team built around a Superstar goalie like Hasek or Lundqvist. If my team outplays the opponent and loses, then I'll blame the goalie. We didn't outplay the Caps here, though we got some favorable reffing.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Find me a goalie that doesn't get 'outplayed' for stretches during the season. I'm just saying the guy has been dumped a ton of responsibility to hold up others not carrying their weight-

He needs a vet to give him nights off. That's glaringly obvious.
I'm not suggesting he doesn't need nights off, I'm just saying his play has dropped up decidedly. Sure he could be tired, but that doesn't mean his play should slip to this degree. And again there's many players culpable here. But Jarry is certainly among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad