• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The break came at a good time.

That said we deserved the win tonight. Didn't get it. Also probably deserved a loss on a game or two during the 10 game streak, so that all balances out.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
That line wasn't our issue. You expect that line to not score and not concede. Which they didn't unless I'm misremembering.

You expect either the Geno line or L3 to chip in anything.
Yea but they played like 17 minutes and were on the ice in the last two minutes for some reason.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We pay him less than the average Starter and he's outperformed that heavily for half a season. I never had expectations of him being a top tier guy so maybe I don't view it the same.

Caps had some nice goals, Jarry had some nice stops. Our defensive coverage is horrid.
[/QUOTE]
I think on the sprong goal he left the post far too early. He diodn't look good at all.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I was happy that the plug Ovechkin didn’t go off against us. Dude is a straight passenger if he isn’t scoring goals.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
how much do we think that maybe Jarry needs a capable backup so he can get a breather. We keep playing him at this rate he won't have much left come playoffs...
That's not the issue. The issue is if he'll mentally be there for the playoffs. He collapsed two ears ago after making the ASG as well. He had as bad of a playoffs as you can get. We need a capable backup as an insurance policy.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I don't really think we deserved a win.

The reffing went our way decisively and we out-powerplayed the Caps. Including what should have been a powerplay after the incorrect review/reversal.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
how much do we think that maybe Jarry needs a capable backup so he can get a breather. We keep playing him at this rate he won't have much left come playoffs...
Maybe so, but the way he's played during this homestand I don't have as much confidence.

And again this homestand was way too long. I don't like all these extended home stands and road trips.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't really think we deserved a win.

The reffing went our way decisively and we out-powerplayed the Caps. Including what should have been a powerplay after the incorrect review/reversal.

we definitely didn’t outplay the Caps at ES, so I agree that we didn’t deserve the win…

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You have a better chance of seeing Santa Claus riding a unicorn naked than anything happening to Sullivan right now.
I'm not gonna blame the coach here. These players just aren't taking care of the puck as they should. Also, The loss of Teddy is bigger than most would want to think.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Can you let us know when you aren’t disgusted? You seem to only bitch and nothing else.
When they don't f***ing embarrass themselves 4 games in a row. Pens have been pretty shit most of the year. The winning streak was a mirage. Only 5 wins vs PO teams in the past like 25 games.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I think on the sprong goal he left the post far too early. He diodn't look good at all.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Just think you're picking at a scab when there's obvious gaping wounds.

Jarry has been played heavily so far this year and been our singular reason for our comfortable playoff spot. So I'll cut him some slack.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
we definitely didn’t outplay the Caps at ES, so I agree that we didn’t deserve the win…
I disagree, at ES we had more scoring chances and spent a lot of time in the Caps end of the ice. Good goaltending and we win despite our puck management issues.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
“Honey what’s wrong? You barely touched your Hungry-Man Double Meat Bowl”

“I am mad and disgusted!”

“Oh no! Did something happen at work? Did your boss call you The Poop Man in front of everyone again?”

“No it’s not that, I was watching strangers play hockey and the team I was rooting for didn’t win :(

“Playoff game?”

“No, regulation OT loss”

“I am leaving you for your friend dogthateats. We have been having a passionate love affair”

“Malkin is a blackhole at regular strength, he only have 13 points in 12 games this year”

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Honestly, Kapanen had a great game I thought. If you're coming to this PGT to dump on him, save yourself the trouble and don't embarrass yourself. He was all over the nice and had plenty of nice chances. Don't submit to group echo chambers.

I think he is playing extremely dumb hockey and is the major reason line 2 has few if any extended possessions in the offensive zone. Shoots from low percentage areas when there’s no traffic. Dumps it into areas no one can get to, forechecks without causing turnovers, weak on the boards in his own zone.

Lots of quick skating and willingness to hustle. Just no solidity or end product to it.

Thought we had something with him.

Ultimately, we’ve scored… what… one or two ES goals this four game home stand where we could have really moved away from Caps and Rangers. There’s more wrong than Kapanen, obviously. We need the break.

Gotta give credit to Samsonov also though. He made lots of quality stops because Sid’s line was buzzing. We were much the better hockey team in this one. Annoying loss.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Honestly, Kapanen had a great game I thought. If you're coming to this PGT to dump on him, save yourself the trouble and don't embarrass yourself. He was all over the nice and had plenty of nice chances. Don't submit to group echo chambers.

It's not about skating fast. He isn't producing.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think on the sprong goal he left the post far too early. He diodn't look good at all.

Jarry has been played heavily so far this year and been our singular reason for our comfortable playoff spot. So I'll cut him some slack.[/QUOTE]
And until last game I would agree. But this is now several games in a row is GAA and his save percentage are dramatically lower than he's displayed for the better part of the year.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

Jarry has been played heavily so far this year and been our singular reason for our comfortable playoff spot. So I'll cut him some slack.

No doubt TJ has been the team MVP so far this year. I guess maybe aside from Letang.

He has leveled off as of late and it has exposed that the team in front of him isn't that great. Or that their level has simultaneously dropped. Seemingly our only chances at 5-on-5 are with GCR or when Matheson skates through 7 players. Whenever L2 or L3 hops over the boards we're just hoping to not get scored against.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think he is playing extremely dumb hockey and is the major reason line 2 has few if any extended possessions in the offensive zone. Shoots from low percentage areas when there’s no traffic. Dumps it into areas no one can get to, forechecks without causing turnovers, weak on the boards in his own zone.

Lots of quick skating and willingness to hustle. Just no solidity or end product to it.

Thought we had something with him.

Ultimately, we’ve scored… what… one or two ES goals this four game home stand where we could have really moved away from Caps and Rangers. There’s more wrong than Kapanen, obviously. We need the break.

Gotta give credit to Samsonov also though. He made lots of quality stops because Sid’s line was buzzing. We were much the better hockey team in this one. Annoying loss.

the Caps goaltending was better…

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Been saying it for a while now. I'm down for getting Holtby so Jarry has a proper veteran back up with a lot of playoff experience.

Reactions: Flying Dego
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad