GDT: Pens v Blue Jackets @ 19:00EST - Get Ready For This, Whatever The **** This May Be Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Is Are Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin playing tonight?

Then we have a chance to win the game.

1AKhCQq.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm curious to see how this defense looks tonight in the same way I can't look away from a horrific traffic accident.

I actually think it'll be a really low scoring affair. The Jackets are gonna take time to gel and the Penguins are gonna not just play super conservatively in order to eke out a much-needed win but also... how the f*** are the forwards supposed to get the puck? This defense isn't just bad at defense.

Though Schultz helps a lil

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I feel certain the Pens batten down the hatches and pull off a gutsy win.

Bonus is it will make myself look like a crybaby regarding many things related to my takes on pens hockey. Which may be accurate.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I have three words for you: Panarin - Duchene - Atkinson...just watch them burning Shultz johnson...oh boy...this is going to be painful to watch...

Reactions: Andy99

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I actually think it'll be a really low scoring affair. The Jackets are gonna take time to gel and the Penguins are gonna not just play super conservatively in order to eke out a much-needed win but also... how the **** are the forwards supposed to get the puck? This defense isn't just bad at defense.

Though Schultz helps a lil

Justin Schultz is going to need to play 60 minutes tonight just so the Pens have any semblance of a transition game.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Justin Schultz is going to need to play 60 minutes tonight just so the Pens have any semblance of a transition game.

Which also means Jack Johnson plays 60 minutes in order to handily counteract that semblance of a transition game.

Seriously why do we have to wreck our only good puck mover? Those two are still the projected pairing tonight, right?

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Guentzel-Crosby-Simon
Rust-Bjugstad

Tell me that's less effective at even strength...

Give Letang + someone to Geno

Load up bottom 12 skaters with the rest.

Lol

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'll take that over the transition game, now. Watching these guys try to get through the neutral zone most nights is like watching old people f***.

Which, by the way, is very boring and awkward.

Reactions: EightyOne

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It does seem like one of those games that they will pull off just because of all the bitching that was done :laugh:

What the hell is the defense if Gudbranson isn't in town yet? And if he's not, are Duchene and McQuaid?

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I feel certain the Pens batten down the hatches and pull off a gutsy win.

Bonus is it will make myself look like a crybaby regarding many things related to my takes on pens hockey. Which may be accurate.

That’s always the way. And I’m sure they can pull off a solid effort and win the game.

But unless this guy is going to morph into the second coming of Shea Weber in front of our eyes, anything that reinforces the mindset that brought him in here is a net loss, IMO. If we’re missing the playoffs I want us going down, hard, with some embarrassment to boot.

Meanwhile CBJ are young, hungry and are now loaded with talent. Oh and they hate and want to emulate the Pens. If they fail now it would be one of the most entertaining downfalls in recent history.

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Pettersson-Letang
Johnson-Riikola
Trotman-Ruhwedel

?

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
It does seem like one of those games that they will pull off just because of all the *****ing that was done :laugh:

What the hell is the defense if Gudbranson isn't in town yet? And if he's not, are Duchene and McQuaid?
Duchene has already played with them. Not sure about Dzingleberry or McQuaid but the former is an American citizen and the last one was already playing in the states. So I’m sure there are no hurdles to getting them in right away

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It does seem like one of those games that they will pull off just because of all the *****ing that was done :laugh:

All of the new Jackets are there...they’ve really increased their team speed with Duchene and Dzingel, while we.....well, let’s not think about it...

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
All of the new Jackets are there...they’ve really increased their team speed with Duchene and Dzingel, while we.....well, let’s not think about it...

Hook and interfere, boys. Hasn't been called in 378 games. Clog the NZ

Reactions: Andy99

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Within 2 year of winning back to back cups we have a 0% chance of winning a game vs the Columbus Blue Jackets.

For those in Vegas get in line

Reactions: vodeni

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Not that I want him in the lineup, but why is immigration holding Gudbranson back from playing? What makes his situation any different than all these other trades where the player is in the lineup practically the next day for his new team?

Reactions: PensandCaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad