GDT: Pens v Blue Jackets @ 19:00EST - Get Ready For This, Whatever The **** This May Be Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I really hope the Pens knock the CBJ out of the playoff with three wins against them.

Feel like we have a close 2-2 game that is lost in the 3rd by a Jack Johnson giveaway.
Screw it, I want to see them make it, but only for entertainment purposes. If the Isles win the division, its another first round matchup with Washington. Should CBJ really limp into the postseason they would get NYI or TBL.

I've already come to accept the idea that we will be missing out, and I can deal with that embarrassment. But I want some fireworks and misery for someone else to follow on in short order.

Anyway, I have no feelings about tonight. They probably beat us, maybe it gets ugly. Even if we were at our best, they're probably gonna be riding a high from the TDL

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
If Goodbranson plays. I can see us winning like 2-1 or 3-2 in a tight defensive battle.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
If Goodbranson plays. I can see us winning like 2-1 or 3-2 in a tight defensive battle.
tenor.gif

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
On paper, tonight looks like a total mismatch. But as you guys know well, paper means jack**** when it comes to these two teams.

There is more pressure on Columbus tonight than ever. I have said this is the biggest February game in the history of the organization, and I don't think that is a stretch.

This is a benchmark game for the new-look Jackets. Pittsburgh is the one team that has our number EVERY SINGLE TIME. We can put all the speed and size on the ice that we want, but PIT always finds a way to play the more skilled game and make the extra pass or get the timely deflection.

I like what I have seen from the team defensively with Duchene on the ice (no goals allowed in 2 games), so I expect this to be a low-scoring game. If Pens are within striking distance in the 3rd period, I just can't bet against them. Jackets will need to jump on them early and hold on.

I like your modesty, but Pens are in for a whole lot of hurt :(

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Ill say Pens win 4-2. Gudbranson gets into the obligatory 1st fight, you know to show his teammates he cares, and always will. Will be the only fight of his Pen's career. Something like that.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Have to remember Dzingel has always played with Stone and top end talent that fed him the puck. He plays out of control alot and it seemed to take him alot of time to learn a new system. He was a coachs pet in Ottawa so take that for what its worth.
Should be interesting to see how they do tonight. Wonder if it would have been a good idea to throw Wideman in there since he has played with both Dzingel and Duchene but I get the reasoning in going with the big guys I guess?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So CAR and MTL are playing LA and DET tonight, so those could be easy wins for them...makes this game that much more important for the Pens...

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I will say, there should be zero pressure on this team moving forward. They've always played their best under these conditions. No one expected them to get back to the Final in 09 after losing Hossa and their struggles that year. Written off along with Crosby in 2015-16. No Letang in 2017, no way.

Our GM has done virtually everything he can to f*** this team over, but I won't doubt the powers of 87 and 71 again.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Any indication of the line-ups tonight? Just curious...I know the Pens plan is to play a pile of **** on defence.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Given Sullivan's love of sticking with the same lineup after a win you'd think the best remedy for Erik Goodbadman today would be to win so that he doesn't get into the lineup next game either lol.

Ah who am I kidding he'll be in even if we put up the best performance of any Pens team since game 5 vs Nashville 2017.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
6-2 Columbus. Duchene and Panarin are going to blow past us faster than Antonio Brown on McKnight Road.

I'll hope for the best and prepare for the worst with the Pens the rest of the way. I'd just be happy if they played as a damn team in a system for once all season instead of willy nilly pick up style hockey.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Yea I just can't care, I'll be at the gym when they play and I suppose I'll check the score later but I can't bring myself to watch and I know Gudbranson won't even be playing yet tonight.

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
This D actually might look semi competent until Guds gets in town.
I'll just enjoy Riikola playing tonight...
6-2, 5-1 CBJ.

I don't know. The ice was so bad during the outdoor game that I need to see the lines play on decent ice. Shultz - Pettersson should be the first pairing.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I am not looking forward to this game like I usually look forward to Pens games. This TDL really stung.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Jake hasn't really torched any team in the last few games and he does have a habit of torching the Jackets... fingers crossed.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Sad to say but this team is a recipe for disaster, especially defensively.

I’ll keep supporting them no matter what, but it’s just frustrating how they had the chance to put the team back on track yesterday and instead they did the exact opposite of what they should have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad