GDT: Pens v Blue Jackets @ 19:00EST - Get Ready For This, Whatever The **** This May Be Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal

So, this GDT was going to be all about our Defenseman Jack MF Johnson, you know, the ex-CBJ player who Jimmy loves :heart:

Well, given the events of yesterday, which left a few Pens fans reaching for the liqueur/drugs/shotgun the plan changed. I lost the will to spend more than 5 minutes considering the GM doesn't seem to give shit one right now. How are we to make the playoffs without Dumo / Letang whilst having two utterly trashy bullshit f***ers on our blueline? *takes another swig of vodka*

We now have another pylon on Defense, but not just any old pylon, f*** no! we only have the best pylons in Pittsburgh. And by best I mean the best at being on the ice for goals against. He currently stands at a lofty minus 27 this season and a minus 97 over his career. His last 5 games, he is a minus 7. And to cap it all off, we are on the hook for another 2 years at 4 million AAV. A grand total of 7.25 million for the Pylon Pair!

GI2c5uU.jpg
GI2c5uU.jpg

I've nothing else to say right now that does not involve lots more swearing so I'll wait for the line-up to be posted. We can all decide then if we are getting drunk/high/going to bed/going to the gym/throwing ourselves off the bridge.

Until then, have some laughing Torts

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Great GDT! Hey, if you’re going for a pylon, get the best damn one...

I don’t know what to think of this game...it could go 5 different ways, but I’m fascinated to see how the team plays and how CLB plays with their new additions..

I’ll be glued to this game like passing a freeway accident...

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Prediction: We win in a blowout, Johnson and Gudbranson both get on the board.

Because why wouldn't that happen in a game in which we're supposed to get decimated? :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The Jackets should have the overwhelming and obvious advantage, here. But I'm calling a 3-1 Penguins victory. First off... all of the complaining we've done. The universe would not be pleased if we ripped off the epic rants we did the last 24 hours and then ACTUALLY lost. No... the contingent of contrarians and cheerleaders will have their chance to get the knives out after this one. Even if the team loses the majority of the rest of their games and misses the playoffs -- they'll be right, by god!

Second and much less nebulous... Columbus just turned over a shitload of roster the other day. They look like a powerhouse on paper but in practice these teams are often discombobulated for a bit or even flat-out sabotaged by all the moves. I think the Penguins find just enough tonight to take advantage of that.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
If I had the prediction running - I'd actually say OT game 5-4 Pens.

We're due for a Geno hatty.

....please, Geno.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If I had the prediction running - I'd actually say OT game 5-4 Pens.

We're due for a Geno hatty.

....please, Geno.

Hahahaha... geez. And I thought I was being insanely optimistic.

I'll be thankful to see a Malkin hat trick again... ever.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Thanfully Badbranson won't be in the lineup tonight I believe.
Oh yeah, immigration issues. That's true.

Whatever, I stand by it. He'll rappel down from the rafters at the 10 minute mark of the third period, superman punch Dubinsky out cold, and as soon as he exits the box, fire off a clap bomb from the red line that goes right through Bob's glove, through the back of the net and embed itself into the boards.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
First time in a long time I've had something to look forward to, back issues flared up severely, so going to the game tonight should ease that. LGP!

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
McQuiad will throw a questionable hit and Gundbranson will fight him to endear himself to his new teammates and to the fans and that will get guys hyped up... the Pens will lose 8-0 and all 8 goals will be scored with Gundbranson and Johnson on the ice as Duchene, Dzingle, Dubois and Foligno skate laps around them

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
On paper, tonight looks like a total mismatch. But as you guys know well, paper means jack**** when it comes to these two teams.

There is more pressure on Columbus tonight than ever. I have said this is the biggest February game in the history of the organization, and I don't think that is a stretch.

This is a benchmark game for the new-look Jackets. Pittsburgh is the one team that has our number EVERY SINGLE TIME. We can put all the speed and size on the ice that we want, but PIT always finds a way to play the more skilled game and make the extra pass or get the timely deflection.

I like what I have seen from the team defensively with Duchene on the ice (no goals allowed in 2 games), so I expect this to be a low-scoring game. If Pens are within striking distance in the 3rd period, I just can't bet against them. Jackets will need to jump on them early and hold on.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
On paper, tonight looks like a total mismatch. But as you guys know well, paper means jack**** when it comes to these two teams.

There is more pressure on Columbus tonight than ever. I have said this is the biggest February game in the history of the organization, and I don't think that is a stretch.

This is a benchmark game for the new-look Jackets. Pittsburgh is the one team that has our number EVERY SINGLE TIME. We can put all the speed and size on the ice that we want, but PIT always finds a way to play the more skilled game and make the extra pass or get the timely deflection.

I like what I have seen from the team defensively with Duchene on the ice (no goals allowed in 2 games), so I expect this to be a low-scoring game. If Pens are within striking distance in the 3rd period, I just can't bet against them. Jackets will need to jump on them early and hold on.

If all else fails just have one of your rats wave his stick near Malkin. That's been pretty good for an automatic meltdown, lately.

Reactions: CBJ VGK

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida

With how we've been playing and the defense we will be icing - take your pressure and double it. If the Jackets lose tonight, I'm not sure what they could possibly think of themselves.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I'm thinking 5-3 Jackets. Our defense and transition will be further compromised without our top pair. Who knows how MM will play. I'm just glad we held on to our first rounder. Hopefully we don't screw that up.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Oh yeah, immigration issues. That's true.

Whatever, I stand by it. He'll rappel down from the rafters at the 10 minute mark of the third period, superman punch Dubinsky out cold, and as soon as he exits the box, fire off a clap bomb from the red line that goes right through Bob's glove, through the back of the net and embed itself into the boards.
Jimmy’s wet dream right there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad