Post-Game Talk: Pens/Stars: The stars came to play! As in the Sid/Geno, not Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So you only get to revise history when it suits you?

Those wins dont count because...

Well if you want i can do the same thing. Despite losing the ahould have won at least against the Isles, the Caps, TB (no crosby) and Buffalo (no crosby) but just like you cant take away the points they rightfully earned on a four game trip across the continent, i cant award them points for game where they outplayed their competition or had multiple goal leads.

No, I get to point out the fact that the Pens beat not so good teams. That's like Oleksiak beating the f*** out of Sheary in a fight and bragging that Oleksiak did awesome in that fight!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I can see why you love Sullivan so much.

...? It is fact that are team will not win a cup unless Rust and Maatta are playing or traded for players that can fill their roles.

It is essential. You don’t win cups with a top four D and top nine RW playing like they have for nearly 20 games.

Don’t see what how that means I love Sully..

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
No, I get to point out the fact that the Pens beat not so good teams. That's like Oleksiak beating the **** out of Sheary in a fight and bragging that Oleksiak did awesome in that fight!

Like i said, BS only when it suits you. Unless beating bad team stops counting or moral victories start counting, oh wait it doesnt matter because they would even themselves out anyway.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I can see why you love Sullivan so much.

Problem is we don't really have a spare top 4 dman or top 9 winger laying around. A scratch here and there is fine, but for this team to win the Cup, players like Maatta and Rust need to figure it out OR they need to be moved for players that can figure it out. Before trading them, you generally want to give a longer leash to see if they can figure it out.

I'm all for sitting Sheahan, Grant, ZAR, etc for the depth we have in WBS. Those guys can potentially be replaced internally.

Bunnychow

Jun 15, 2016
Not a ZAR Guy, but he is statistically out playing Sprong at pretty much all of the metrics.

At 5v5 this year he’s been a much better player.

Which isn’t really a testament to ZAR’s play as it is to how mediocre Sprong has been.

Sure:
CF %: 46.9, 45.1
CF REL %: -6.5, -5.6

FF %: 49.3, 47.7
FF REL %: -4.7, -2.8

Like I said, trade or package Sprong, Maata, but ZAR like Grant is no good. We need less plugs and more skill. Cullen is arguable the worst at pushing possession but all of them get more DZ starts and we continue to get cycled on.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Problem is we don't really have a spare top 4 dman or top 9 winger laying around. A scratch here and there is fine, but for this team to win the Cup, players like Maatta and Rust need to figure it out OR they need to be moved for players that can figure it out. Before trading them, you generally want to give a longer leash to see if they can figure it out.

I'm all for sitting Sheahan, Grant, ZAR, etc for the depth we have in WBS. Those guys can potentially be replaced internally.

Yeah, 100%.

But, like I said earlier Grant was probably the best player in our bottom six outside of Brassard tonight.

Reactions: Shady Machine

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
To be honest, I'm not sure why people complain about Grant. He's a fine player, he's a safe and boring option that probably won't hurt you. He's your prototypical defensive 4C, he's fine. I'd honestly like to re-sign him as insurance, since all of Brassard, Cullen and Sheahan should/will be leaving after the year.

I want him to be the 2016 Cullen. If he can do that, I think it works. If not...then...I dunno. Too redundant if he can't do that. He needs to start scoring.

Rust has been bad with Sheahan, terrible with Malkin. Meh with Brassard.

He’s looked his best with Cullen actually and has been serviceable on Sid’s line.

Overall not his best year.

Dude got paid. He don't give a shit anymore.

When Brassard is in we are putting up 4 goals regularly.

For people doubting him, we certainly still produce a lot when he is playing.

And I'm sure getting Sidney Crosby back had little to do with it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
tenor.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I want him to be the 2016 Cullen. If he can do that, I think it works. If not...then...I dunno. Too redundant if he can't do that. He needs to start scoring.

Dude got paid. He don't give a **** anymore.

And I'm sure getting Sidney Crosby back had little to do with it.

When Sid, Brassard, and Malkin are in the line up we’ve beaten teams 12-2 in the last two games. :)

Almost like us losing the main focal point of our third line and our third best defenseman is seriously effecting our record..

Reactions: Peat

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I noticed I didn’t see anything about our forwards supporting our D way harder on the forecheck tonight. Also the opposite side D as well.

Maybe that is just a Dallas is a really bad team thing.

But, also was something Sullivan specifically addressed after the Buff game.

Also Sullivan makes no adjustments.

Reactions: Peat

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I noticed I didn’t see anything about our forwards supporting our D way harder on the forecheck tonight. Also the opposite side D as well.

Maybe that is just a Dallas is a really bad team thing.

But, also was something Sullivan specifically addressed after the Buff game.

Also Sullivan makes no adjustments.
are you suggesting that Sully made an adjustment? Or that the players listened to him? Get right out of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad