Post-Game Talk: Pens/Stars: The stars came to play! As in the Sid/Geno, not Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
First and foremost - Happy Thanksgiving to all. Have a great and SAFE holiday. Enjoy time with your family!

++++ Stars: Geno/Sid have to do the things they do or this team has no chance. They started the game out hot and still our bottom 6 guys can't do anything. It's a joke.

+++ Horny/Pearson/Jake: Supporting players who actually... SUPPORT. Horny was so important to 3 goals and only gets 1 point. He does the little things to support a star and open up space. Jake was really good in space and Pearson is doing what Hags couldn't do with Geno - producing. That's exactly what we needed.

+++ DeSmith: BIG saves on some timely moments. It kept the Pens alive and not from losing confidence and then dropping their play.

-------- Sully and his use of useless players: f*** ZAR, Grant, Sheahan, Rust, and his usage of Simon. Just brutal and it's killing this team. Even when we score a lot, it's based around our stars. It's piss poor coaching. He's hurting this team just as much as the useless players are. Brutal.

For f***'s sake. Bring up youth and speed. Get these guys like Grant/Sheahan/ZAR out of here. If we have speed, we can at least be quicker on the puck which means a lot more pucks out of the zone with pressure to the opposition. You can't pressure when you have guys skating in sand and cannot keep up with the play.

- Kessel: Today's game he was pretty bad. Just f***ing up all over the ice.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Pearson sucks!

Tanner Plotnikov

AccurateLonelyAfricanjacana-small.gif

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Hey, they won.

What shocked me the most, is it looked like they actually had a defensive zone breakout system installed.

Reactions: Peat

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm quite infuriated by the bottom 6. You are absolutely handicapping this team with those pluggers. They get hemmed in their own zone and it's all fixable if they just make maybe 1 trade and play the right guys. We changed how the NHL looks at 4th liners yet we are the team making the mistake of playing worthless pluggers. It's insanity. It's beyond insanity. It's beyond stupid.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
How the **** is Errey praising the 4th line when this organization changed how the 4th line plays in all of the NHL and won 2 Cups with it.

Brutal analysis. Jesus.

Message from Recchi. I wouldn't be surprised to find out Pixie is in fact Recchi and spends the majority of the games surfing HF keeping Sully abreast of the insults cast his way.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Crosby was awesome tonight.

Rust was awful tonight just like every other night. I’m actually starting to wonder if his contract was the worst JR gave out this summer.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@ColePens, I'm going to repeat something I noted earlier about Sid and Geno. Geno noted about a month ago that he's 32, Sid is 31, and they can't dominate every night like they used to.

That's only natural. What you'd LIKE is for them to have gotten more help over the last 16 months, not less.

But, I think Sully did one important thing tonight with this lineup. He exposed every single one of the warts. We have 2 elite lines. We have 1 elite defensive pairing. And everything else is bottom 5 NHL caliber crap.

And right now it is 100% incumbent on JR to clean up the mess he made:

1. We need 2 new defensemen. At least 1 but preferably 2. You can't have a situation where any line without our 1 NHL caliber defensive pairing behind is skating with one arm tied behind its back. That is 100% unacceptable.

2. I think you need to add 1 body from the outside for the top 9. Maybe he plays with Geno-Pearson and Kessel slides down with Brass. Or, maybe he plays with Brass. But, we need a top 9 difference maker.

3. TB has to come up. Maybe a second body. Grant needs to be your 13th forward. And, you need to give away Sheahan or bury his contract in WBS.

That, as I said, is 100% on JR to rectify. His mess. He never should've made it. Now, he needs to clean it.

Sid and Geno deserve no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad